Crabbycanary3

***Not official *** January transfer window thread

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-tottenham-and-leicester-city-monitoring-norwich-city-midfielder/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Cantwell reportedly being monitored now ahead of the summer window.

As much as I like Cantwell, as he is clearly a quality player, I would accept circa £22m if its offered.

With only a year left on his contract we run the risk of him leaving for much less next January or for free the following summer. That is if he doesn't sign a new contract of course.

Edited by Darth Vadis

Probably bo||ocks, but apparently Spurs' recruitment chief watched Aarons when we beat Bristol City. Can't imagine Max wanting to go now, even on a buy-and-loan-back deal, as there's no guarantee he'd be ahead of Doherty and/or Aurier next season either. I think he'd need assurances he was at least going to be second choice/rotation player.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/robinson-view-tottenham-may-sign-21-yr-old-on-buy-to-loan-after-big-development-exclusive/

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Probably bo||ocks, but apparently Spurs' recruitment chief watched Aarons when we beat Bristol City. Can't imagine Max wanting to go now, even on a buy-and-loan-back deal, as there's no guarantee he'd be ahead of Doherty and/or Aurier next season either. I think he'd need assurances he was at least going to be second choice/rotation player.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/robinson-view-tottenham-may-sign-21-yr-old-on-buy-to-loan-after-big-development-exclusive/

I just read on the PinkUn that Aarons would apparently reject a move to Spurs due to not being 1st choice.

1 hour ago, Darth Vadis said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-tottenham-and-leicester-city-monitoring-norwich-city-midfielder/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Cantwell reportedly being monitored now ahead of the summer window.

As much as I like Cantwell, as he is clearly a quality player, I would accept circa £22m if its offered.

With only a year left on his contract we run the risk of him leaving for much less next January or for free the following summer. That is if he doesn't sign a new contract of course.

If we could get north of £20m for him in the summer I'd bite their hand off. Would much rather he signed a new contract and stayed, but if he won't do that then £20m is excellent business with only 12 months left on the contract.

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

He was pictured in the stands

Well, he was probably keeping up with Skipp and would have been blind not to be ‘watching’ Aarons along with plenty of others. Whether it was with a view to them bidding for him (or anyone) at some point is the question.

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I thought the commentator said that the Spurs guy was monitoring the progress of Skip?

Skipp and Aarons do work very well together, the Spurs guy will have noticed that.

Max won't be guaranteed first choice anywhere in the EPL he must realise that. I really can't see him turning down a move to Spurs he'd be bonkers.

£20m in the summer for want away Cantwell would be astonishingly good business.

10 minutes ago, NWC said:

I thought the commentator said that the Spurs guy was monitoring the progress of Skip?

If he did, would you take that as gospel?

How likely is it that a commentator is privy to the full extent of a scouts objectives? I'm going to take a stab at highly unlikely. 

40 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Why would 20 million for Todd be a hand biting off incident? He has to be worth more than that. 40 million, maybe. 

Because his contract expires in summer 2022.

On 26/01/2021 at 18:08, Capt. Pants said:

Skipp and Aarons do work very well together, the Spurs guy will have noticed that.

Max won't be guaranteed first choice anywhere in the EPL he must realise that. I really can't see him turning down a move to Spurs he'd be bonkers.

£20m in the summer for want away Cantwell would be astonishingly good business.

You don't know that.

On 26/01/2021 at 18:09, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

If he did, would you take that as gospel?

How likely is it that a commentator is privy to the full extent of a scouts objectives? I'm going to take a stab at highly unlikely. 

Probably slightly more likely than somebody who writes on a dodgy, click bait, transfer speculation website. 

28 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Wow! It will be interesting to see how his career develops. At that price he was never going to be available to us but so far this season he has 14 goals and 6 assists in 16 games ...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Was he the one with the dodgy agent?

Dodgy manager. Or possibly club owner? Kind of an east European Barry Fry.

Edited by Nuff Said

12 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Dodgy manager. Or possibly club owner? Kind of an east European Barry Fry.

Yeah dodgy owner- can't keep anything behind closed doors it seems. 

12 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

£300k bid rejected for Flynn Clarke from Peterborough 

Looking at him I'm not surprised Peterborough told us to do one.

18 years old, breaking into the first team and looks like a real talent, they won't sell cheap. 

12 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

£300k bid rejected for Flynn Clarke from Peterborough 

Pink Un says £300K initial bid but we then increased it to £700K plus add ins. Which Peterborough still think is “derisory”.

Can't help thinking we've misjudged this situation. Peterborough have a long history of getting top prices for their players. This is now out in the open for all to see and other clubs will look at our recent record of buying in young talent and back our judgement with a higher bid. 

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

Can't help thinking we've misjudged this situation. Peterborough have a long history of getting top prices for their players. This is now out in the open for all to see and other clubs will look at our recent record of buying in young talent and back our judgement with a higher bid. 

How so? As you say Peterborough have a record of squeezing the best value out of their sales. Standard practice in a selling club when they get a bid is to see if they can get an auction going (assuming they want to sell). I am sure that these days no likely purchaser would be unaware of the lad. That said, he fits our model but might not other clubs. It is then just a matter of business.

2 minutes ago, BigFish said:

How so? As you say Peterborough have a record of squeezing the best value out of their sales. Standard practice in a selling club when they get a bid is to see if they can get an auction going (assuming they want to sell). I am sure that these days no likely purchaser would be unaware of the lad. That said, he fits our model but might not other clubs. It is then just a matter of business.

How so? It's a bit like trying to get a bargain out of Daniel Levy. Or Stuart Webber for that matter. Some clubs can be bullied or panicked into selling cheap. Peterborough can't, they are as good at it as we are. 

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

How so? It's a bit like trying to get a bargain out of Daniel Levy. Or Stuart Webber for that matter. Some clubs can be bullied or panicked into selling cheap. Peterborough can't, they are as good at it as we are. 

And you think Webber doesn't know that? Probably going very much as expected, it is just business.

I'd imagine if Norwich want him enough it'll happen, just a case of Peterborough holding out for a bigger fee. Could be another great addition to our youth ranks, we've got some fairly interesting prospects brewing now!

51 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Pink Un says £300K initial bid but we then increased it to £700K plus add ins. Which Peterborough still think is “derisory”.

I wonder (I don't do any other NCFC social media sites) if any of our fans will follow the Liverpool (Lewis) /Arsenal (Emi) fans model of saying Peterborough ought to be grateful for what we have offered and don't hold the lad back, to 'let' him come here for whatever price we pluck out of the air?🤷‍♂️

Peterborough seemingly have a talent on their hands, and although we do have money in the pot, there is only a finite limit that Webber will pay for a kid like this. That's just a good business model, which he is instigating through this Club atm. 

The "X-factor" here though is our current status as a proven incubator of young talent. Irrelevant to Peterborough, but not to young master Clarke.

Lets be honest this is us just unsettling the player ... offer from a team known to promote and develop young players, potentially heading to the premier league.

We're doing the same thing that we hate other teams doing to us... making our interest public to unsettle the player and get his agent pushing the club.. We'll be victims of this on the likes of Cantwell in the summer.