Crabbycanary3

***Not official *** January transfer window thread

26 minutes ago, birchfest said:

We expecting the announcement today? All signs seem to be pointing that way, and then an FA cup start?

Will he not have to do his time in quarantine before even joining the group in training?

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hope it's today, am getting that feeling too

It'd better be! I've got moussaka and stuffed vine leaves ready for my dinner and am planning to smash the plate afterwards.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

It'd better be! I've got moussaka and stuffed vine leaves ready for my dinner and am planning to smash the plate afterwards.

Are you a veggie? If not the best Greek food is definitely Gyros!

It would be nice to actually have confirmation of a signing as I am getting very frustrated looking on the EDP every 5minutes since the transfer window opened for any good news

Edited by Grumpy

2 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

It would be nice to actually have confirmation of a signing as I am getting very frustrated looking on the EDP every 5minutes since the transfer window opened for any good news

Main page has said that he has completed his medical and now completing his 5 day quarantine, so you can probably get back to work haha

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Have a look at the League table every 5 minutes instead - I'm sure you'll find some good news there.

Edited by Thirsty Lizard
  • Like 1

After a succesful medical Giannis will have to isolate for 10days so will not be in Fa Cup team.  Provided not positive in the interim.  Sure medical doesn't count to isolation period.  

15 minutes ago, pete said:

After a succesful medical Giannis will have to isolate for 10days so will not be in Fa Cup team.  Provided not positive in the interim.  Sure medical doesn't count to isolation period.  

There is literally a piece on this on the Pinkun right now.

It says that he can join the team for training if he returns a negative test on the fifth day after arrival. No doubt he would have been tested on arrival which was Friday, medical was said to have taken place on Saturday. He hasn't signed yet and wouldn't be able to train until Weds at the very earliest if they include Friday, if not it would be Thursday. 

Glad it isn't happening but watching Arsenal v Newcastle you can really see why they wanted Buendia- so blunt in the final 3rd.

9 hours ago, king canary said:

Are you a veggie? If not the best Greek food is definitely Gyros!

Moussaka generally has lamb in it, so I’m guessing they aren’t veggie

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Glad it isn't happening but watching Arsenal v Newcastle you can really see why they wanted Buendia- so blunt in the final 3rd.

God Newcastle really are awful this season. Bet they sure feel at least slightly happy that Sheffield, Brom and Fulham are also gash..

Wonder how Lewis would be feeling if Newcastle go down and we go up? 🤔

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

32 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

Off topic i know but i see Newcastle are in the market for a new CM and LB. Can’t be good for Jamal’s confidence

I'm not that surprised. It wasn't a good move for Lewis - I think he jumped too soon after all the Liverpool speculation, and I said at the time that we had ripped Newcastle off again, as we did with Murphy. Very difficult to fit in at Newcastle, as shown by dozens of others and he is nowhere near the complete answer that you would expect to get for £15m - he should either have stayed with us or gone to a less chaotic place, but I guess money and agents talk.

Godfrey has made a better move, to a more stable team with a good, solid management structure and should get the time he needs to grow and develop into the player he can be. 

It also shows just how difficult it is to buy the right players, even for decent money, and to integrate them into that crucial local culture. Newcastle is a micro-environment of unjustified expectation and pressure - a bit like that small town down the road - and consequently a complete basket case.

• Like 2

Too be honest i’m not surprised either. I agree we say Newcastle coming and they paid well over his value.

Plus for me, a player so young and his career just kick-starting was prepared to go sit on the bench and play the odd cup tie and lesser games in the CL tells you a lot. Ok he would have had a World Class Manager and coaches and players but their LB they signed afterwards has hardly featured which goes to show what his position would have been there. 

Plus with Jamal he was always the one player i wasn’t fussed about leaving. I felt his position could have been filled more easily than if we were to replace Buendia, Cantwell and Aarons

6 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

Plus with Jamal he was always the one player i wasn’t fussed about leaving. I felt his position could have been filled more easily than if we were to replace Buendia, Cantwell and Aarons

We could well be replacing those players in the summer judging by Farke’s comments. But the good thing is that we’ll get some serious wonga for them, we’ll already have talents lined up that I’m sure we’re watching closely perhaps down in South America etc right now. And we will certainly have the cash to spend a few quid on those replacements (I’m thinking around the Gianni fee bracket). And though we’ll have some money to spend, I honestly can’t think of even a single other club in the last 2 or 3 years that has signed the level of players we have for such minimal outlay. It’s nothing short of remarkable really - Webber, Farke, and the recruitment team have got a ridiculous amount of talent for mere pennies, it’s not far off daylight robbery in some cases.

Feel sorry for Jamal, this period at Newcastle is really going to dent his confidence and possibly his career. Don't feel sorry for Newcastle, saw them coming and ripped them off again. 

Its stange for Jamal as when he came on the scene he was brilliant. Just seems to have stagnated. I’m just glad the fans aren’t in the stadium for him at the mo as going through some of their game posts he gets a fair amount of stick.

But i never thought Steve Bruce was going to push him onto the next level either. 

17 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

Its stange for Jamal as when he came on the scene he was brilliant. Just seems to have stagnated. I’m just glad the fans aren’t in the stadium for him at the mo as going through some of their game posts he gets a fair amount of stick.

But i never thought Steve Bruce was going to push him onto the next level either. 

Yeah quite a few at the time thought Newcastle was not the right sort of club for him.

Seems they were right

6 hours ago, sgncfc said:

I'm not that surprised. It wasn't a good move for Lewis - I think he jumped too soon after all the Liverpool speculation, and I said at the time that we had ripped Newcastle off again, as we did with Murphy. Very difficult to fit in at Newcastle, as shown by dozens of others and he is nowhere near the complete answer that you would expect to get for £15m - he should either have stayed with us or gone to a less chaotic place, but I guess money and agents talk.

Godfrey has made a better move, to a more stable team with a good, solid management structure and should get the time he needs to grow and develop into the player he can be. 

It also shows just how difficult it is to buy the right players, even for decent money, and to integrate them into that crucial local culture. Newcastle is a micro-environment of unjustified expectation and pressure - a bit like that small town down the road - and consequently a complete basket case.

Just signed in specifically to note how much I like this post and think it is 100% spot on. Well done.

And, truly, that's no disrespect to Lewis. A great lad a solid footballer. But we robbed them at £15m. And it wasn't a great move for him. And we now have better options. It happens.

1 hour ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

Its stange for Jamal as when he came on the scene he was brilliant.

I mean ... after James Husband a cheesburger would have looked brilliant. We were desperate in that position AND to see some promising youth. In hindsight, we and everyone else probably overvalued him a bit?

I agree. Looked quite laboured imo and although it was against Chelsea didn't do anything to really impress. I hope we are looking at better and am sure we will be

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://the72.co.uk/217010/we-definitely-need-norwich-city-boss-on-potential-new-signings/

New centreback? Zimmerman falling out of favour or just too injury prone?

Don't waste your time clicking on the link. All it does is rehash everything we already know and parrot the quotes that Farke gave after the match yesterday. 

17 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Zimmermann has definitely not been on his best form this season, when fit, so having another option wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Indeed. I did rate Zimmermann when he first came in but he's been poor recently, and seems to just get injury after injury.

Dan Burn in when?