Crabbycanary3

***Not official *** January transfer window thread

5F9E3863-1224-4B2D-A2E0-42F2CD9AEA3F.thumb.png.1b9eddd6d4cf028a41cf94106b886da7.png

Would probably be the best option of the free agent goalkeepers. A good shot-stopper but prone to one too many errors which is why it never really worked for him at Villa. As a number 2 though I'd be pretty happy with this.

Edited by Pukki Blinders

21 hours ago, YellowSubmarine said:

No players will leave this month unless £25 million + offered. 

Blimey is Morris wirth that much? 🙂

I would like us to try and get Mitchell Dijks back if possible, maybe the same kind of deal as Quintilla. Was a brilliant attacking left back for us as he was strong, quick, great in the air and could defend as well. He's only played a few times for Bologna this season and they've just signed the highly rated Hickey.

I think I'm right in remembering that we did try and sign him permanently, Webber wanted him and Dijks wanted to stay but we couldn't agree financially. 

Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, HB1989 said:

I would like us to try and get Mitchell Dijks back if possible, maybe the same kind of deal as Quintilla. Was a brilliant attacking left back for us as he was strong, quick, great in the air and could defend as well. He's only played a few times for Bologna this season and they've just signed the highly rated Hickey.

I think I'm right in remembering that we did try and sign him permanently, Webber wanted him and Dijks wanted to stay but we couldn't agree financially. 

Thoughts?

Can't see it but would love to see him back.

We wouldn't get many long balls aimed at left back with him on the pitch as he is a unit.

10 minutes ago, HB1989 said:

Thoughts?

Nice suggestion. I liked him a lot even though he was the most unlikely looking left back I've ever seen!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, HB1989 said:

Thoughts?

That is actually a very good shout, had forgotten about him and was disappointed when we couldn’t get the deal over the line for him. Reckon he’d slot into this line up like a glove. Wonder he makes up one of the 5 left backs we are looking at?

1 hour ago, HB1989 said:

Thoughts?

Would he qualify for a work permit though?

Diijks has played 5 times this season, one yellow card and one red. An absolute beast of a man. Would love him back but I suspect out of price range?

48 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Diijks has played 5 times this season, one yellow card and one red. An absolute beast of a man. Would love him back but I suspect out of price range?

Saw him at Wigan ( he may have even scored?) and he took no prisoners. Built like a brick s... house and a threat at corners. Of the two Dutch players he was a cut above Wildshutt.

Doing some research he looks like he's currently on about £24k a week so not a million miles away from what we currently pay our top earners on average. 

I think he would be a massive addition to our squad and if there is any chance we can do a deal then we should. 

I was also wondering if he's in the 5 that we have shortlisted 🤞

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Wonder he makes up one of the 5 left backs we are looking at?

1 minute ago, HB1989 said:

I was also wondering if he's in the 5 that we have shortlisted 🤞

Purely out of curiosity, could someone point me in the direction of where this shortlist of 5 has been mentioned?

5 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

Purely out of curiosity, could someone point me in the direction of where this shortlist of 5 has been mentioned?

Kieran Scott, head of recruitment, in an interview with The Athletic. Sorry no link, it’s subscribed content only. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HB1989 said:

Thoughts?

Dijks is still Bologna's first choice though, it's just that he's struggled with injuries over the past couple of seasons and barely featured. I can't see them letting him go now he's fit.

I recall we couldn't agree terms and quite likely at the time he felt he could do better. However, if we went back into the second half of this season with him as one of ours, it would rank as one of the best January signings we've made since I can't remember. 

Top quality.

• Like 1

Just saw this on Twitter, don’t know much about the account but 77k followers and appears to be quoting the Telegraph as his source (couldn’t see anything in their Twitter account after a quick look).

Admittedly there are no doubt dozens of tweets out there which would probably tell us the exact opposite is happening!! 

I wanted to share though as I’ve been ****ting it that we’re going to lose Emi and this has given me some more hope...

50B115AC-2A41-47B2-ACA7-C1F0D60BB9BC.png

• Like 1

Not sure where he is now but I have always liked Danny Rose.Having a few issues at the moment (speeding) but I think he would be a good loan

Guess all those 'looking for a new keeper' rumours were more down to covid with krul rather than injuries..

Quesion is should we buy one or just get a loan in until end of the season?

4 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Not sure where he is now but I have always liked Danny Rose.Having a few issues at the moment (speeding) but I think he would be a good loan

He's on 60 grand a week, he won't come.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Guess all those 'looking for a new keeper' rumours were more down to covid with krul rather than injuries..

Quesion is should we buy one or just get a loan in until end of the season?

Eh?

You think the club is looking for a keeper more because Krul may miss one or two games than because his backup is basically done for the season?

20 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Nice suggestion. I liked him a lot even though he was the most unlikely looking left back I've ever seen!

And he's got some very strong competition in Stiepi... 😉

• Haha 1

I mentioned before but if we're looking at a loan and potentially someone who could come in over Xavi then Joe Bryan and Max Lowe have both struggled for minutes this season but have strong Championship experience. 

4 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Not good, if true. It's not right that a player can agree personal terms before clubs have agreed a fee. It's not the first time this has happened I'm sure. 

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not good, if true. It's not right that a player can agree personal terms before clubs have agreed a fee. It's not the first time this has happened I'm sure. 

No idea if this is some random 'ITK' fan or genuine. Suspect the former so personally I'm taking it with a pinch of salt. Only another 23 days to go ...

I thought this tapping up of a player wasn’t allowed, but I suppose being somebody like Arsenal that doesn’t apply.

Talking to a player about a move before dealing with the club is 'tapping up' and is against the rules, but it's possible for both club + player to be involved in discussions and the player agrees terms first.

IMO this is redundant anyway as I could quite easily pop onto my Twitter and confirm that we're officially in for Petr Cech as backup goalkeeper as he fancies seeing the Broads up close before he's too old. Doesn't mean I have any idea what I'm talking about.

The more reliable, bigger sources are all pretty much saying that Emi is on the list for Arsenal but rapidly falling down that list as we aren't going to budge on our valuation and they don't have that sort of money for a Championship player. As Michael Bailey wearily repeats every day this month, nobody is going anywhere unless clubs meet our valuation.

15 hours ago, ron obvious said:

No idea if this is some random 'ITK' fan or genuine. Suspect the former so personally I'm taking it with a pinch of salt. Only another 23 days to go ...

He's got about 300 followers which suggests he's yet another bs merchant. 

I'll take a properly sourced report from somewhere like the Athletic over a twitter rando

Various sources, including The Guardian, reporting this morning that Arsenal are preparing an official bid for Emi. They've got Kolasinac and Saliba off the wage bill, and are also hoping to move Ozil, Sokratis, Nketiah and Mustafi this month. This one just isn't going to go away until Arsenal sign a new attacking midfielder.