Crabbycanary3

***Not official *** January transfer window thread

23 minutes ago, king canary said:

Intrigued to know why the scoop on an English club moving for a player from another English club currently on loan in Portugal turns up in an Italian paper. I'm assuming its nonsense.

Does he have an Italian agent perhaps?

25 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Does he have an Italian agent perhaps?

Buendia is managed by TwentyTwo Sports Management who I believe are Spanish.

They also manage Vidal and Alexis Sanchez

18 minutes ago, AJ said:

Buendia is managed by TwentyTwo Sports Management who I believe are Spanish.

They also manage Vidal and Alexis Sanchez

Think Nuff was referring to Piazon, AJ

• Thanks 1

I dont want either Willock or Reiss Nelson. Both bad eggs, which I know to some degree, albeit Reiss Nelson would add quality to our squad. Im not sure about Willock.

I dont think Piazon is the type of player who is particularly good in the championship and more so, not good enough to make the step up. I hope we stay away. 

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

He is one of those very unpredictable players, capable of the sublime. At other times he frustrates (though mostly he does that for himself). He is just a player that can open up a defence. I've always been amazed at all those stats comparing him with the best in Europe. But...they're reliable and true. He will be aware too and I'm worried he thinks he has 'outgrown' us. If we were to get a very solid offer it will be a right battle to keep him, but also keep him a happy player. And Emi is someone who is full of emotions as we know. 

Fingers and everything else crossed.

He will go, it's a matter of when and for how much. Who knows if it will be Arsenal though, they are rebuilding and keen to get rid of their dross. Emi to Arsenal may depend on whether Ozil stays until the summer. 

Big moves don't often happen in January, especially when a club doesn't need or want to sell.

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Think Nuff was referring to Piazon, AJ

Ah yes, in that case Piazon is managed by P&P Sport Management who's main office appears to be in Monaco.

It does appear one of the owners has Italian links though so might be right

Piazon is Brazillian, 6ft, and has just terminated his loan in Portugal pending a permanent move. 3 clubs interested, I guess it could be us.

4 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

If ever we’ve had a squad that has the ability to play in unfamiliar positions when needs be, surely it’s this group of players. Case in point, Sorensen. And our midfielders, most have played various roles in the heart of the park.

I meant that we didn't have the luxury of being able to use a player of Godfrey's ability as cover, in that he was one of our first choice centre backs. I don't think he'll get in Everton's current side as a centre back ahead of Keane, Mina or Holgate, and he won't be first choice left back if Digne stays. To have a £25m player covering centre back, left back and DM is off the scale from where we are.

7 loans but no real home at any club (so far). A good age. Unsure about this one. Yet I trust our recruitment.

9 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Assuming that's the end of Xavi then? 

Farke also said we were in the market for a keeper though didn't he?

So that's 2 players already.

I think it will be someone who can back-up and perhaps compete with Xavi, rather than a replacement. Obviously Sorenson has done a very decent job filling in there, but it's not ideal only having one left-back at the club. Sam McCallum is doing well and has played near enough every game since going out on loan to Coventry, so the best thing for his development is to keep him there rather than bring him back early just to relegate him to bench-warming duty. So yeah, I'm sure another left-back is being bought in as an alternative to Quintilla. 

As you say we're in the market for a number 2 goalkeeper as well. Apart from those two pieces of business, which I imagine will be quite low-key, I can't see any incomings this window, and hopefully no-one departing either.

2 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

I dont think Piazon is the type of player who is particularly good in the championship and more so, not good enough to make the step up. I hope we stay away. 

I'd love Piazon if it were to allow Buendia to play through the middle! 

Nobody is going to satisfy us as a Buendia replacement.

Buendia must stay! 

I don't want to misquote, but I'm sure Bethnal said in the past that more than most Italian sports papers pretty much throw as much **** as they can RE: transfers and see what sticks.

For me Piazon is very much 2+2= Norwich Transfer. He's the sort of profile we go for but has shown zero indication that he's approaching Prem level in his 7 loans and even fag-packet statistics show him to be a way, way off any of our current players in his position.

Gonna go ahead and give this one a no-flex.

I can't see any way we bring in another attacking midfielder. We're absolutely stacked in that area of the pitch already. We currently have Buendia, Cantwell, Dowell, Hernandez, Vrancic, Placheta, Stiepermann and Martin competing for 3 positions. I imagine when we have a fully fit team, one, possibly two of those players aren't even going to make the bench purely because of the number of options we have. Then there's also Sinani who's out on loan.

I have a sinking feeling, Piazon is exactly the sort of player we would sign if Buendia went.   I hope I am wrong.

Edited by Newtopia

2 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I have a sinking feeling, Piazon is exactly the sort of player we would sign if Buendia went.   I hope I am wrong.

I think the club has fitness concerns with Hernandez in particular. We need to get promoted this season and Piazon won't break the bank. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'd love Piazon if it were to allow Buendia to play through the middle! 

Nobody is going to satisfy us as a Buendia replacement.

Buendia must stay! 

Careful... Seemingly saying that is negative and marks you out as a negative minnie 😁

You are right he must stay in this window if we have any ambition to get promoted the season.

38 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think the club has fitness concerns with Hernandez in particular. We need to get promoted this season and Piazon won't break the bank. 

I’d imagine Stiepermann and Vrancic May be leaving us at the end of the season too

No players will leave this month unless £25 million + offered. 

Piazon rumour is BS. Agent trying to drum up interest. Only a LB is Ambition for this window. 

8 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

I dont want either Willock or Reiss Nelson. Both bad eggs, which I know to some degree, albeit Reiss Nelson would add quality to our squad. Im not sure about Willock.

what's up with Nelson? If we do have to lose Emi in summer then Nelson seems like a decent part ex option. Hell of a promising talent and English as well. Obviously I'd want £30m+ as well or some absurd amount but I can't think of much better we'd attract.

• Like 1

Piazon isn't someone I want us to sign as we don't need another squad player. We all know this squad well on here and I think its strong enough? Even if we lost one or two I can't see us signing anyone. Just how I see it.

13 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

what's up with Nelson? If we do have to lose Emi in summer then Nelson seems like a decent part ex option. Hell of a promising talent and English as well. Obviously I'd want £30m+ as well or some absurd amount but I can't think of much better we'd attract.

Nelson lives round the corner from me and is often seen on a little monkey bike riding round with no helmet the wrong way down one way roads. Its only a matter of time before he gets in off pitch trouble. He is no doubt talented. The upside if he were to move to Norwich he wouldnt be an a*se clown round my neck of the woods 🙂 

I wouldnt be surprised if someone like Balogun of Arsenal is on our radar after being out of contract soon. A young striker with plenty of talent, albeit it sounds like he is now signing a pre contract agreement abroad.

Edited by jaberry2

10 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

See Caleb Ckukwuemeka is still being linked. SSN have Club Brugge, an unnamed PL side and us still interested in the the Northampton youngster

Probably the kind of signing we are likely to make this window, and straight back on loan.

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

Nelson lives round the corner from me and is often seen on a little monkey bike riding round with no helmet the wrong way down one way roads. Its only a matter of time before he gets in off pitch trouble. He is no doubt talented. The upside if he were to move to Norwich he wouldnt be an a*se clown round my neck of the woods 🙂 

I wouldnt be surprised if someone like Balogun of Arsenal is on our radar after being out of contract soon. A young striker with plenty of talent, albeit it sounds like he is now signing a pre contract agreement abroad.

Oh dear, riding a bike without a helmet........bound to be trouble

24 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Oh dear, riding a bike without a helmet........bound to be trouble

Lets just say he is known to police round this way. 

10 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Lets just say he is known to police round this way. 

Pretty crazy when you think about how many lads would kill to be in his position, especially at such a big club. That to me says he won't make the grade, that doesn't strike me as a player who is 100% focused on football and wants to do everything possible to be the best player they can be. Love them or hate them, you cant imagine the Ronaldos and Messi's of this world were pissing about on mini motorbikes and winding up the police when they were breaking onto the scene at Barca and Sporting.

1 minute ago, birchfest said:

Pretty crazy when you think about how many lads would kill to be in his position, especially at such a big club. That to me says he won't make the grade, that doesn't strike me as a player who is 100% focused on football and wants to do everything possible to be the best player they can be. Love them or hate them, you cant imagine the Ronaldos and Messi's of this world were pissing about on mini motorbikes and winding up the police when they were breaking onto the scene at Barca and Sporting.

Plenty of young footballers round my way driving nice sports cars etc. Its easy to see how a lot of them get distracted etc. Most police wont say anything to him despite doing silly things and leave it down to the club to do any disciplinary stuff behind closed doors. Sometimes despite talent, its not just worth upsetting a dressing room or risk having someone cast a dark cloud over your football club. That's only my personal opinion.