55 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Forum police, shut this man down

not nearly enough enough asterisks

That's how you can tell it's not official Buh. Only 3 asterisks on the forgery

2 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

That's how you can tell it's not official Buh. Only 3 asterisks on the forgery

I’m always on duty

9F50211B-DCC5-494F-92DC-14AF3BD08079.jpeg

Get that QPR player chair. He may not cost the earth in January, where as I'd assume he will go for more come summer.

Been looking at the hoops fansite out of interest, and the stats, by all accounts QPR have struggled this year but chair has continued to create chance after chance after chance... Sound familiar?

Also,  are we thinking a left back? I know this has been done to death but I'll ask anyway?

If true I doubt it'll be for the 15 mill bandied around by Gooners.......unless of course we agreed this as a release clause before anyone realised how good Emi is.

26 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

EECDCB24-D305-4E1C-B65C-C68EE4C30BC0.jpeg

I literally will cry.. What a pleasure it's been to watch him for City. Without him we'd look very ordinary. 

Just now, Il Pirata said:

I literally will cry.. What a pleasure it's been to watch him for City. Without him we'd look very ordinary. 

TBF it doesn’t look like a particularly In The Know account (if they’d said the fee was £15 million we’d know for sure), but I expect to see a lot more of this sort of thing before January is over. ☹️

I don't think he would be consistent enough for Arsenal, too many misplaced places on his off days and he has several of those in a season, i see him being on the bench after a bit

3 minutes ago, Downloads said:

I don't think he would be consistent enough for Arsenal, too many misplaced places on his off days and he has several of those in a season, i see him being on the bench after a bit

Possibly, but equally he could flourish. With better players around him, he will get more time on the ball. Having said that, Buendia seems to flourish in hectic, fast moving and tight spaces, where a flash of brilliance leaves a defender for dead. I guess it won't be too long until we're forced to find out. 

I consider Buendia as 'one of our own,' for some reason! Real affection for him. 

Max rumours get even more prominent for a so called cut price of £20m due to the pandemic. Since it's Man Utd it's assumed they always get their man. Going to be hard to rebuff them if indeed he is wanted for their title race, when we have one too.

Don't get me wrong, i love Buendia, but you look at the QPR game, with they be happy with that?

Really hope he stays as at this level for us he's great.

8 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

This transfer window can only be a negative one for us.

Not entirely. No-one wants to see players leave half way through a season but if it happens, then it gives other players the opportunity to step up - and we have very good players waiting in the wings.  Losing Godfrey was bad, but we haven't really missed him in terms of results this season compared to the last championship season, so if we lose any this time (I still hope we don't), then there is no reason to be too downhearted, especially as the money will soften the blow and enable us to carry on strengthening our squad, hopefully buying one or two ourselves this window.

• Like 1

I don't think we'll see any incomings, but if we did how about a couple of ready made loans from the Baggies; 

Karlan Grant - Only one goal in 12 since joining WBA. Doubtful, but a loan move until the end of season could work.

Kamil Grosicki - 32 years old, not really the right age profile. But another loan opportunity like above? Brilliant at this level and very fit. Look at the way Hull nose dived immediately when he left with Bowen. Could be a good for Placheta too. 

Edited by Il Pirata

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Not entirely. No-one wants to see players leave half way through a season but if it happens, then it gives other players the opportunity to step up - and we have very good players waiting in the wings.  Losing Godfrey was bad, but we haven't really missed him in terms of results this season compared to the last championship season, so if we lose any this time (I still hope we don't), then there is no reason to be too downhearted, especially as the money will soften the blow and enable us to carry on strengthening our squad, hopefully buying one or two ourselves this window.

Bore off, Troll.

• Confused 1

If Emi and Max do go then I hope we have been looking for ready made replacements. Mumba for Max when he is fit probably. But any Emi replacement cannot just be one for the future. It has to be be oven ready.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Really, losing Godfrey probably cost us a good 6 points! All conjecture but I’m sure had he been playing instead of Zimbo and we kept Lewis we might well have a few more points on the board and less in the goals concede.

There’s no way any player should leave in January unless it’s a daft offer! We have more to lose than gain by it!

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Really, losing Godfrey probably cost us a good 6 points! All conjecture but I’m sure had he been playing instead of Zimbo and we kept Lewis we might well have a few more points on the board and less in the goals concede.

There’s no way any player should leave in January unless it’s a daft offer! We have more to lose than gain by it!

That is pure guesswork. I agree we don't want anyone to go at this point, but if silly money is offered, then that has to be considered. I saw £15m as the potential interest from Arsenal for Emi (Daily Mirror), but I would have thought three times that would be nearer the mark to trigger a move.

With Brentford now just 3 points behind, surely we should be eager to do anything but sell Emi and Max. That would be 2 losses that would cost us far far more than the transfer monies received (though I totally get that it may be taken out of our hands).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

That is pure guesswork. I agree we don't want anyone to go at this point, but if silly money is offered, then that has to be considered. I saw £15m as the potential interest from Arsenal for Emi (Daily Mirror), but I would have thought three times that would be nearer the mark to trigger a move.

Absolutely, January and Arsenal means starting point of 30 million with multiple add ons. Yes as I said guesswork but he was the best of our defenders and Lewis was solid too, so definitely would have had more points on the board.

The trouble I have is, it could be another Madders, using Covid as an excuse and selling Buendia for £20 million would be very poor!

Edited by Indy