Was it me or were the set piece deliveries from Buendia a lot more potent than usual? Shame we don’t have someone like Linighan or Bruce to get on the end of them. 

I think Buendia’s delivery at corners is not fast enough or accurate enough.   I remember Hanley having two headers last night where the ball was just behind him and McLean having one header at the front post.  You can argue with all of them that the attackers mistimed their runs, but I think he simply does not strike the ball hard enough.  Really our attackers want to just deflect the ball goalwards, opposed to put the power on themselves.

Hanley missed a pretty straightforward header that should've been in. He's been one of our best players this season but his heading in the opposition's box is awful. He looks like he's just happy to get his head on the ball and hope it goes somewhere good. 

We’re pretty awful from set pieces - whether it’s the runs or the delivery or both, we are surely missing out on a lot of goals that others score from them, which is madness.  In a tight game it can be the difference between winning or losing.

32 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

We’re pretty awful from set pieces - whether it’s the runs or the delivery or both, we are surely missing out on a lot of goals that others score from them, which is madness.  In a tight game it can be the difference between winning or losing.

Unless you mean a Vrancic free-kick.

I was watching and towards the end I was almost hoping we would just play it short. Our stats for goals direct from a corner are so bad Im not really sure why we bother putting it in there anymore. Play it short and try and work a chance around the box.

In all honesty,for a  professional team at this level,our set piece execution and inability to score from those set pieces is really inexcusable. In the modern day game now,where refs give free kicks for minimal contact,our failure to make the most of these is could cost us dearly.