Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Danny Mills

Listening to that doughnut on talkSPORT now, He is such a Leeds lover so opinionated up his own backside thinks he knows everything and only his opinion is the one that matters. Horrible man ( no horrible pratt)

47 minutes ago, Number9 said:

His parents live in Norwich, lovely people. 

Shame they couldn't parent him into being the same

Him and Chris Sutton seem to have major chips on their shoulder regarding us, cant wait to stick the knife in at any given opportunity

Just now, Spillay said:

Him and Chris Sutton seem to have major chips on their shoulder regarding us, cant wait to stick the knife in at any given opportunity

I love Sutton.  He was a breath of fresh air when he first appeared on air, and he has matured into someone who manages to be unfailingly argumentative but never vindictive.  He's smart as well. Never heard him say a word against City, but perhaps I have selective hearing 🙂

• Like 7

Just now, Spillay said:

Chris Sutton really doesn't. Not sure where this comes from at all. He never shies away from talking about Norwich and is probably one of the most honest people to reflect on our club. You may confuse that honesty at times because he can be critical, but that is part of his job as a pundit as he can't be biased all of the time. I remember him giving compliments in our promotion season and premier league season. However he's honest in criticism.

That is not the same thing as Mills. From what I have heard from coaches that worked with him as a young lad before he played for Norwich, his main skill was the drive and determination. An athlete yes but not a gifted footballer. I think he still carries a grudge for the perceived "rejection" though I heard at the time he had fallen out with Mike Walker, I think it was. I have never heard him really mention Norwich unless he is asked to. It's always about his time at Leeds or Man City. My guess would be that he is hugely competitive and doesn't like failure let alone to admit it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, chicken said:

Chris Sutton really doesn't. Not sure where this comes from at all. He never shies away from talking about Norwich and is probably one of the most honest people to reflect on our club. You may confuse that honesty at times because he can be critical, but that is part of his job as a pundit as he can't be biased all of the time. I remember him giving compliments in our promotion season and premier league season. However he's honest in criticism.

That is not the same thing as Mills. From what I have heard from coaches that worked with him as a young lad before he played for Norwich, his main skill was the drive and determination. An athlete yes but not a gifted footballer. I think he still carries a grudge for the perceived "rejection" though I heard at the time he had fallen out with Mike Walker, I think it was. I have never heard him really mention Norwich unless he is asked to. It's always about his time at Leeds or Man City. My guess would be that he is hugely competitive and doesn't like failure let alone to admit it.

Fair play, I stand corrected. I just heard Sutton co-commentating a few times on BT Sport on our games and he was unbelievably biased against us (Chelsea at home last season was one of them) literally didnt have a good word for us all game and it stuck in my mind.. but maybe I did take it wrongly.

42 minutes ago, Spillay said:

Never sensed that Sutton has anything against us? I quite like him, good at playing devils advocate and winds up all the right people. 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I have got to say that i am struggling to recall Chris Sutton sticking the knife in.

Except into Leicester, he said that  " Celtic reserves was a bigger job than leicester" when discussing Brendan Rodgers  leaving Celtic, cant remember offhand who he was winding up but it worked. . Edit  it was joleon lescott!!! And Robbie Savage!!!

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1

Sutton is very balanced clearly a Norwich Fan (I would say one of us).  I remember playing against him as a kid, he was outstanding.

Danny Mills should be one of us, but he clearly was disappointed with what he achieved or how he was treated at the club.   Every time he gets the opportunity he does the club down.  I remember being gutted when he left, I liked the way he always played his heart out.   What he achieved after leaving us was fantastic, despite liking him as player, I never saw him as future international.   Not really sure what happened to him at the club but there is clearly something which niggles him about us.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Except into Leicester, he said that  " Celtic reserves was a bigger job than leicester" when discussing Brendan Rodgers  leaving Celtic, cant remember offhand who he was winding up but it worked. . Edit  it was joleon lescott!!! And Robbie Savage!!!

I forget to clarify it was about him sticking the knife into City

One of only two players that i knew would make it from the first training session.

Craig Bellamy was highly talented, blessed with.multiple weapon qualities and an excellent, committed trainer.

Danny Mills was very unsilky indeed, at times looked unlike a natural footballer...(I can picture him now sitting out the rondos before training)....though his drive and single-mindedness was extraordinary and stood out dramatically. Nothing, but nothing was going to stop him. 

Parma 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I forget to clarify it was about him sticking the knife into City

When I saw it live I thought  give that man a rod and line.  As far as City goes , I think he's  an honest commentator. 

4 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

One of only two players that i knew would make it from the first training session.

Craig Bellamy was highly talented, blessed with.multiple weapon qualities and an excellent, committed trainer.

Danny Mills was very unsilky indeed, at times looked unlike a natural footballer...(I can picture him now sitting out the rondos before training)....though his drive and single-mindedness was extraordinary and stood out dramatically. Nothing, but nothing was going to stop him. 

Parma 

That's a very interesting story @Parma Ham's gone mouldy

Who else have you seen in training who stood out? Is there anyone who the other players just thought, wow?

Can I ask how you saw these or is that asking to peak behind your curtain?

• Like 1

@NeymarSmithAs a young coach working at Norwich we mixed much more with the players, we would have a day a week at Colney... mostly for young players learning, watching and photo ops...

Martin O‘ Neil was interesting. He would turn up at about midday, speak secretively with a coach or two, vaguely watch the last 10 minutes (max) of training, then disappear again....🤣...

The Parma U21 Centre back who marked me man-to-man ruthlessly at my first trial in Italy stands out too...I drifted out to right wing back just to get away from him and have a chance to show something....🤣

Parma 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Parma 

I heard the same thing about Mills from a Scottish (Glaswegian) chap I worked with around 13 years ago. Ian was his name I think. I think he was ex forces, RAF ground staff perhaps? He said he'd helped coach a youth football team with Mills in it. No idea if that is accurate or not. But he painted pretty much the same picture as you do, which makes me believe it more.

• Like 1