Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Eddie

FORGET JEROME, GO ALL OUT FOR EARNIE!

Jerome at Cardiff''s asking price is a rip off, but if we can nick

Earnshaw at the end of the window for around 2m, now that''d be exiting!

The most appealing aspect is the low risk, we already know Thorne and

Earnie are a good (and proven) partnership.

Earnie and Halford, this is my new dream scenario.

I know that Earnshaw is a good player but i just dont like him. Its not that he is ugly, he is just very irritating, especially his goal celebration, they would be embarrasing

I would have earnshaw any day of the week, he''s better and more proven than jerome. It seems that earnshaw will be slightly cheaper than jerome. Also, will jerome want to come, cardiff are higher in the league than us.

If we get earnshaw i wouldnt mind us getting a low cost targetman as well. Perhaps Johansen could do a job, him earnshaw, huckerby and mcveigh would frighten the life out of reading.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

I would have earnshaw any day of the week, he''s better and more proven than jerome. It seems that earnshaw will be slightly cheaper than jerome. Also, will jerome want to come, cardiff are higher in the league than us.

If we get earnshaw i wouldnt mind us getting a low cost targetman as well. Perhaps Johansen could do a job, him earnshaw, huckerby and mcveigh would frighten the life out of reading.

[/quote]

Thorne:     1 goal this season.

Earnshaw: 3 goals this season.

Oh goody can''t wait!.

What a no brainer.

Cardiff are pricing Jerome out of the market, if he fails to carry on his form then they will lose out altogether. No wonder they are in the financial mire.

As for Earnshaw I would be prepared to be irritated witless by his goal celebrations if they were for us.

Cardiff are doing no more with Jerome than we did with Ashton , if we want the player we will have to do what West Ham did  - pay the money . Same old Norwich want the best of both worlds top dollar for their players and expect other clubs to let them have their stars for next to nothing. Ambition costs money , prudence is Andy Gray.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Cardiff are pricing Jerome out of the market, if he fails to carry on his form then they will lose out altogether. No wonder they are in the financial mire.

As for Earnshaw I would be prepared to be irritated witless by his goal celebrations if they were for us.

[/quote]

LOL , I don`t`  know where Northern is coming from   on this !      Lets buy the  the little git  , he and McVeigh     should  aggravate any defence   ,  remember  that  short legs   get going faster than long legs ......

As for Jerome  ,    toooooo risky    !      all the hype  around this boy wonder   smacks of a con !  he would probably come with a built in attitude  , a la  Francis  ,  and the more  Cardiff  display their urgency  to unload , the more suspicious  Nigel should get !!  

To suggest that Earnshaw would be a better signing is stupid simply because Earnshaw will cost Norwich too much money. Earnshaw may have done well in the Championship in the past but thats not to say he''ll do it again and anyway, Cardiff want £3m minimum not worth it when Norwich could get Jerome for around £2.5m or £2m Jerome is a better player for me as he''s in top form this season as he is the Championships top scorer with 13 goals so what more could you want ? You won''t get any other player like Jerome in that kind of form with so much potential at 21 years old. Jerome is a better player overall because of the attributes he has:

1 He''s taller than Earnshaw

2 He''s more powerful and stronger than Earnshaw

3 He may be quicker or the same

4 And finally a great finisher has one hell of a powerful shot on him

With the way Norwich play i think he would suit us well, although Norwich could probably do with a target man as well but hey Jerome is the type of player like Huckerby will scare defenders with his pace and power and just might lift the whole team''s spirit and give some confidence to players in the side.

Jerome is definitely worth getting and in my opinion wouldn''t be a risk because of how prolific hes been this season with him being the leagues top scorer. The BIG question is will he come ? Let''s hope so, put it this way if he''s here before the Reading game then Norwich have a reasonably decent chance of beating Reading.

[quote user="CANARY BRAVEHEART"]

To suggest that Earnshaw would be a better signing is stupid simply because Earnshaw will cost Norwich too much money. Earnshaw may have done well in the Championship in the past but thats not to say he''ll do it again and anyway, Cardiff want £3m minimum not worth it when Norwich could get Jerome for around £2.5m or £2m Jerome is a better player for me as he''s in top form this season as he is the Championships top scorer with 13 goals so what more could you want ? You won''t get any other player like Jerome in that kind of form with so much potential at 21 years old. Jerome is a better player overall because of the attributes he has:

1 He''s taller than Earnshaw

2 He''s more powerful and stronger than Earnshaw

3 He may be quicker or the same

4 And finally a great finisher has one hell of a powerful shot on him

With the way Norwich play i think he would suit us well, although Norwich could probably do with a target man as well but hey Jerome is the type of player like Huckerby will scare defenders with his pace and power and just might lift the whole team''s spirit and give some confidence to players in the side.

Jerome is definitely worth getting and in my opinion wouldn''t be a risk because of how prolific hes been this season with him being the leagues top scorer. The BIG question is will he come ? Let''s hope so, put it this way if he''s here before the Reading game then Norwich have a reasonably decent chance of beating Reading.

[/quote]

jerome has had half a good season, he scored 7 last term. also remember who his supply line is (Koumas). i wouldnt be so sure yet, the hype is massive, 3.5 million is WAY overpriced.

erny scores goals at every level, even for wales - he is the finished article, altho a bit of a weirdo

Like you, i''d prefer Jerome. If ncfc spend 2-3million on Earnshaw we may never get any money  back on him the the future, also wouldnt his wages be too high for ncfc? With Jerome we would have someone like ashton. Everyones talking about him. Worthy went for ashton when others wouldn''t and he was vindicated in all respects. Great player and more than doubled the clubs investment in 1 year!! This says to me to trust Worthy. I like everyone else am baffled quite often by his tactics, but the bigger picture clearly shows hes been one of our best managers at the club for a long time. Many seemed scared to give worthy the money, but when he had a few million he couldnt have done better than he did in buying Ashton. When you looking for players between £0-£500k what do you expect to get. You get what you pay! If the players free, then usually they will be a good squad member at best, obviusly with the odd exception. In Jerome we have an unkown entity that others although interested will not go for. Being the age he is, and if he improves even more so then surely again even at £3m he could get us back £5m when the big boys come knocking. Other than that the wisest solution seems to be to try once again to kick start the season with a few loan players, and spend in the summer when prices become realistic. Be fair to Worthy, he cannot control injuries, and we have had loads this season, hes a football manager not a miracle worker.

Well yeah i know Jason Koumas is his supply line but hey remember this, if he comes to Norwich then he has Safri as his supply line who can provide the same adequate service as Koumas so therefore i don''t see where you''re coming from on that one. Safri is just like Koumas in the way that they both can get their foot on the ball and spray the ball about on the pitch and dictate games.

And hey it''s not just Safri who can provide the service to the front two, Huckerby and McVeigh can as well, with those three players playing together in the side we will be a force to be reckoned with ! And should Worthington get a decent couple of wingers on the left and right then Norwich can then really challenge for promotion. Put it this way if we get 2 wingers in the summer or quickly before the Transfer Window shuts we will be in with a chance, but looking at it from a realistic point of view i think Norwich will be stronger next season should we manage to strengthen in those 2 positions. But hey Norwich have potential in my view to be a force in the Championship we just need Worthington to shape our overall squad right and repair the damage that was done when he sold all those players who shouldn''t of left in the summer.