Sign in to follow this  
Mr Angry

Philip Zinckernagel signs for Watford

Who? A Danish right winger who played 28 times for Bodo/Glimt in the Norwegian Eliteserien league this season-scored 19 goals and had 24 assists as Bodo/Glimt steamrollered the league (19 points clear). This may have been a one-off season for him but if they've got him as he is hitting his peak this could be an excellent free transfer. Despite their win over us I wasn't overly worried about them catching up with us but this may change things.

I also noticed that he was mentioned by @renskay as a possible replacement fort Todd/Emi back in September-should Stuart Webber offer him a scouting role? 🤣

May turn out to be an equivalent of Pukki but are the Norwegian tiers the same skill levels as the English tiers? We’ll soon find out how good he is. Think you have to be very brave to sign someone on a contract that long

4 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

May turn out to be an equivalent of Pukki but are the Norwegian tiers the same skill levels as the English tiers? We’ll soon find out how good he is. Think you have to be very brave to sign someone on a contract that long

Considering that Bodo totally battered the rest of the Norwegian top flight, including proven teams like Molde and Rosenborg (two sides I'd probably peg as top-half Championship standard if not better), scored over 100 goals in the league and gave AC Milan the ****s at the San Siro to the extent that Jens Petter Hauge got a move there not long afterwards, I'd say they had a very good team that's going to be broken up a fair bit.

Might want to look at Kaspar Junker, their striker.

• Like 1

J. P Hage was the best. (Milan now) 

But Zinckernagel, Junker, Lode, Bjørkan. Saltnes and Berg are wery good players. 

I sendt a mail to the club this spring aboute them 🤣🤣

The norwegian leage is not good. But Glimt was giving Milan a good fight, and where unlucky to koose 3-2 in Milano. 

Im not sure how good Zinckernagel is. But he is FREE, so a good signing for then. 

5 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

A five and a half year deal !!

Is that known in the trade as a 'Lambert' ? 🤣

• Haha 1

Zinkermagel was offerd crazy money in Saudi Arabia. He culd have sign for Shalcke 04, ore in France. So they had to give him a realy good contract. 

Brexit have made it hard to import now. Zinckernagel signed before january. I think onely Bjørkan will geth a work permit to the UK from Bodø/Glimt now. 

1 hour ago, Olano said:

J. P Hage was the best. (Milan now) 

But Zinckernagel, Junker, Lode, Bjørkan. Saltnes and Berg are wery good players. 

I sendt a mail to the club this spring aboute them 🤣🤣

The norwegian leage is not good. But Glimt was giving Milan a good fight, and where unlucky to koose 3-2 in Milano. 

Im not sure how good Zinckernagel is. But he is FREE, so a good signing for then. 

The Norwegian top flight is decent, but not a lot of depth. That Bodø/Glimt side would be good enough to win the Championship, whilst the likes of Aalesunds, who were last by a long way would be middle of League Two territory and your average weaker sides in there like Haugesund or Sandefjord would be mid-table in League One.

Edited by TheGunnShow

Watched You-tube video of his goals, assists and skills - appears to look for a trailing leg of defenders to win penalties - would perfect that skill well under the guidance of Deeney !