lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v QPR*****

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Cantwell looked offside to me for the initial ball played through to Pukki??

Teemu would have been better having the shot himself.  

So there we go, better second half, but no win again! Really need to start moving that ball forwards quicker, the 20 minutes we dominated we moved it forwards quicker.

But generally last two games have been for too slow from front to back. Rupp definitely missed, Gibson has to start Zimmermann has been OK but Gibson & Hanley certainly look the more solid pairing.

A points a point given we could have lost that at the end, but improvements need to be made to get back onto winning ways.

3 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

We did score in open play. Not our fault the officials are incompetent.

Toothless in attack??? No idea what you were watching in the second half

Lots of possession, little penetration. Very low shots to goals ratio this season so toothless is an apt description

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

Having lots of shots doesn't mean dangerous either.

We scored one goal from a pen and had another disallowed but we didn't really test the keeper in general. Our shooting from range in this game was pretty abysmal.

Fully agree, but our build up play wasn't toothless - which I think is generally what people are referring to when they say toothless.

We opened up several good opportunities from the edge of the area (most likely location when a team is so drilled and deep) but Mario in particular was awful when it came to striking the ball.

Just now, Fiery Zac said:

We did score in open play. Not our fault the officials are incompetent.

Toothless in attack??? No idea what you were watching in the second half

In the second half we were without teeth. 

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Just baited him about that in another thread. 

Normally when I call Farke out he proves me wrong, but even @hogesar will have to admit that Gibson not starting tonight was a costly error. 

Is baiting someone the best you can do? 

7 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Cantwell looked offside to me for the initial ball played through to Pukki??

Both Pukki and Cantwell looked off from the initial through ball and Cantwell didnt appear to get back on. Offside was my initial reaction, havent seen a replay.

Edited by ricardo

Immediately slowed the game down at 1-0, looking to hold on for the last 15 minutes, Tettey was about to come on when they scored. Two very late subs, which again confused everybody and QPR should have scored as a result! If you try to unsucccesfully thread  the ball through 100 times, how about trying something different, may be give Hugill 30 minutes! 
   Please let’s have Gibson and Quintilla starting. If Vrancic looks knackered get him off, don’t leave it to the last five minute panic to make subs

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Both Pukki and Cantwell looked off from the initial through ball and Cantwell didnt appear to get back on. Offside was my initial reaction, havent seen a replay.

Just Cantwell by the look of it.

Cantwell was clearly offside in the build up, not sure about when he slid the ball in, but I suspect the decision was given for the former and not the latter. 

I haven't seen a replay of the 'finish'. iFollow being so dreadful.

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

That doesn’t matter though? 

Cantwell did not receive the ball, so not offside then.  The defender marking him was playing Pukki on.  As others said Cantwell was behind the ball when Pukki crossed.  No offside just **** assistant referee.

• Like 2

I asked on an earlier page if we have ever scored from a Buendia set piece(apart from his penalty).

We rely on goals from open play and had several opportunities tonight. That isn't DFs fault. What is his fault is picking Zimmermann ahead of Gibson and not making any subs until too late again.

The ref was poor. They were both soft penalties. Why Zimmermann had to put his arm on the player who was no threat from that angle just shows how poor he played and his bad decision making.

I cannot comment about the offside as I haven't seen a replay from a conclusive angle.

Until we start taking our chances we will see more of this. More hanging on at the end after domination. That means bringing in a striker next month. I'm afraid Hugill looks a farm hand at the moment.

Lethargic Farrke cost us 3 pts.

Why on earth waiting 87 min for subs when we badly need fresh legs after 1 up with 10 of this 11 players was on field 3 days ago.

pub league refferes clear goal disalowed for no reason but our penalty was dive 

Zimbo badly need rest as so slow last 2 games 

Edited by Boris

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Is baiting someone the best you can do? 

Nope, doesn't mean I won't do it. If I only ever did what I was best at then my child support bill would be something even Bill Gates would struggle to afford. 

We all know Gibson is better than Zimbo but surely Quintilla has to come in for Lungi as well? Our only threat from wide areas is Aaron’s which makes us easy to defend against. Lungi just stops and passes backwards every single time, which is no disrespect to him but it’s not helping our lack of decisiveness going forward. Also the Hugill sub again was completely pointless with the players we had on the pitch.

We’ve now not been great for two matches so it’s time to ring the changes and get our best team on the pitch, where possible.

There’s no point getting excited about having our first team players being available again if we’re going to continue playing the back-ups! 

Edited by Clint

12 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Absolutely this. And if anyone tells me that Buendia is the best Norwich player of all time just once more I think I might lose it. So easy to nullify even at this level.

Oh wow: This has to be the worst take I’ve read on the match thread tonight. I am gobsmacked. Buendia ‘so easy to nullify even at this level’. HAHA

I’m struggling to even believe you have been watching our games this season?

How on earth can a player from attacking midfield churn out what 6 goals and 6 assists in half a season be ‘easy to nullify’.

He’s clearly our most influential attacking player and we’re top of the league thanks to his contribution. But you just keep kicking him! One poor game and you’re all aboard the anti Buendia train! 

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Cantwell was clearly offside in the build up, not sure about when he slid the ball in, but I suspect the decision was given for the former and not the latter. 

I haven't seen a replay of the 'finish'. iFollow being so dreadful.

I’m fairly sure that the initial offside for Cantwell is irrelevant. Jordan Hugill scored an extremely similar goal which was shared recently for QPR

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Cantwell did not receive the ball, so not offside then.  The defender marking him was playing Pukki on.  As others said Cantwell was behind the ball when Pukki crossed.  No offside just **** assistant referee.

This . 

7 minutes ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

This one you mean -

image.thumb.png.fc4687bee607d9643679816979d4e882.png

Could someone find a box of crayons and draw some lines on that please?

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Well clearly it does if Cantwell is then played in to score afterwards

Not according to the rule change. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Could someone find a box of crayons and draw some lines on that please?

It doesn't matter. The pass was to Pukki. And when Pukki rolled it to Todd he was over a yard behind the ball. 

Edited by canarydan23

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Well clearly it does if Cantwell is then played in to score afterwards

That rule changed 5 years ago. 

3 minutes ago, Pockthorpe said:

This . 

Thanks for agreeing.  Hope you also agree that McLean should never be in our starting line up if it can be helped.  We seldom win with him in.