lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v QPR*****

Need to get more balls to Emi on build up. Now ball is hogged by Todd  who slows down quick attacks too often. Clearly our gameplan is to give out some possession in exchange for quicker counters, which will provide us some chances.

We look individually & collectively knackered. Need some fresh legs on. Martin? Dowell? I'd be tempted to bring Omotoye on - he looks to have some pace & athleticism (& enthusiasm!) which we really need.

• Like 1

It's so frustrating supporting a well structured, tactically drilled possession side and having to work so hard to create chances even though we look good doing it and being so vulnerable to raw pace and size and a low block, low rent counter attacks, crosses and set pieces. I know over the course of the season we'll be better off, but you can't argue that its annoying being so vulnerable to these simple, brainless tactics when we're not at our absolute best. 

Just now, Indy said:

Nope, not having it, the entire team has been lacklustre and to say he’s our best players us up how poor we’ve been. But hey ho, it’s my opinion, no coincidence we’ve looked to have poor game again and McClean isbackin!

what do you mean you’re not having it? Are those things I listed not worthy contributions? Or do you think I made them up? Why don’t you watch the half back but set your agenda aside this time? 

He also played against Cardiff and Reading? Our best two performances of the season? So not really seeing the correlation here.

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

Whats Vrancic been like. Playing the No.10 to be creative, or are they all too static

Whenever he shoots it's effectively a pass back. Never any power. 

2 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Are we talking tonight or generally? As I can sort of understand your position if it is a general one, if it's based upon tonight, you're just wrong.

He appears to be the best player tonight, but he stops the rest of the team playing.  He doesn't fit in to our tactical line up.  Sorry but would rather he wasn't on the pitch, if only Rupp was fit we would look better set up to tactically move the ball better to those players that can do more damage.

Football is all about opinions.

All too often under Farke it’s really good up to the final third and then we’re too damn slow to get into the box and pull the trigger. We give too much time to teams trying to set themselves to defend, and make our lives too difficult. Really missing the pace of Placheta and Hernandez, would like to see Farke mix it up a bit with Quintilla and Hugill on and the young striker on for some pace and energy.

Whilst I think Kenny is playing well tonight (and did against Cardiff abd Watford) I do always feel we control games less in midfield when he plays than Rupp or Tettey 

• Like 1

Got to find a system to pick apart average teams. Agree with what has been said before about upping the tempo, and have a shot. We tried a couple early on against Watford which hit Row Z, but if you don't buy a ticket......

7 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

He appears to be the best player tonight, but he stops the rest of the team playing.  He doesn't fit in to our tactical line up.  Sorry but would rather he wasn't on the pitch, if only Rupp was fit we would look better set up to tactically move the ball better to those players that can do more damage.

Football is all about opinions.

I'd rather play Rupp too. That doesn't mean that Kenny hasn't been good tonight. He has.

I don't understand people never accepting a player that they don't rate plays well sometimes. I don't rate McGovern or Hugill (at all), but McGovern has generally been pretty good and Hugill will hopefully do something decent. Just because you (general use of the word 'you') don't rate them, that doesn't mean they are always rubbish.

Edited by All the Germans
  • Like 1

Whoever is in charge of ifollows direction needs shooting. A goal disallowed for offside and we get a reay of a chance from two minutes before.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

Poor from Todd there. He aas offside twice in that move.

Connor Southwell says clearly on!

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Whoever is in charge of ifollows direction needs shooting. A goal disallowed for offside and we get a reay of a chance from two minutes before.

The referee's cousin.....probably.....

3 minutes ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

Poor from Todd there. He was offside twice in that move.

He wasn't offside though 🤷‍♂️