Sign in to follow this  
CanaryLegend

Sky Red Button

22 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

I've never seen a game on iFollow. Trying it for the first time tonight providing all goes well. Do you hear Chris Goreham's commentary automatically?

Usually you have to set it to home (for home games) and away commentary (for away games) to ensure you get Mr Goreham's tones. however as there is no away commentary team on the BBC whilst we are in Tier4, and everyone gets the home team on the radio, I doubt would will have to change anything whilst T4 remains. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

I've never seen a game on iFollow. Trying it for the first time tonight providing all goes well. Do you hear Chris Goreham's commentary automatically?

If you don’t live way out in the sticks and have a decent internet speed you should be fine.

I’d not used IFollow until this season and I think the coverage itself is pretty decent. They have replays but to be fair they’re not as forensic as the mainstream sports channels.

When I have to pay I think it’s worth a tenner.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Like 1

I have used I follow many times this season and never had a problem.  The picture is way better than sky’s red button

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, city4eva said:

I have used I follow many times this season and never had a problem.  The picture is way better than sky’s red button

Same here, it’s good coverage and makes a contribution to the club, happy with that.

29 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

If you don’t live way out in the sticks and have a decent internet speed you should be fine.

I’d not used IFollow until this season and I think the coverage itself is pretty decent. They have replays but to be fair they’re not as forensic as the mainstream sports channels.

When I have to pay I think it’s worth a tenner.

Once I found a device it worked on (interestingly the oldest laptop in the house) then it's been good. They sometimes annoyingly focus on characters in the dugout whilst play is going on, but other than that it's fine. It is over 30 seconds, maybe even a minute, behind live, so I have found myself having to leave my phone out of sight and earshot. I learned that in the Wycombe game when my phone went bananas as Vrancic was lining up his freekick, so I kinda knew what was going to happen.

Still, watching it with Radio Norfolk commentary is always an upgrade on the utter dullards Sky employ.

20 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

They sometimes annoyingly focus on characters in the dugout whilst play is going on, but other than that it's fine. 

The reason for that is, certainly when match is on sky, their commentary team are making a point about the players in view. 

Watch at about 85 mins onwards and the camera will focus on a player, but obviously nothing said in ifollow commentary. He would be man of the match! 

6 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

7.45 should be on the red button. 

It will not be on the red button.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

It will not be on the red button.

Several people have said this, but I’m confused (again). I thought it was only the 7:45 weekday kickoffs that were on the red button.

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Several people have said this, but I’m confused (again). I thought it was only the 7:45 weekday kickoffs that were on the red button.

Sky’s five-year deal with the EFL usually allows them to show every game in each of the ten midweek rounds of fixtures across the main Sky Sports channels and red button service.

As this season has been allocated more midweek rounds due to it starting later than usual, fixture rounds which would normally have fallen on a weekend but have moved to midweeks to accommodate the tighter schedule (of which this is one) are not eligible to be screened by Sky in full.

Birmingham vs Derby 17.30 and Stoke vs Forest 19.45 are the only games on Sky this evening.

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all - my internet speed is good (it's fibre something or other) - and I've found iFollow pretty decent so far. I agree, it's best to switch iPhone football notification apps off though!