Sign in to follow this  
Creative Midfielder

When will the UK rejoin the EU?

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

If you want to go into grammar police mode, there's no such thing as 'slightly feasible' either, d1ck .

When someone tries to call someone else a half-wit but is so half-witted that they can't even do it correctly, I'm afraid the grammar police mode is an automatic response; I can't even help it. 

Stay off climbing frames.

16 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

When someone tries to call someone else a half-wit but is so half-witted that they can't even do it correctly, I'm afraid the grammar police mode is an automatic response; I can't even help it. 

Stay off climbing frames.

That was a fair response to your unreasonably patronising comment, you smug tw4t. Stick to conversation with your five-year-old, seeing as playground at a primary school is clearly your level. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

7 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

That was a fair response to your unreasonably patronising comment, you smug tw4t. Stick to conversation with your five-year-old, seeing as it's clearly your level. 

I think you mean "stick to conversations with". Alternatively, "a conversation with" or even "conversing with".

Patronising memes. Best Collection of funny Patronising pictures on iFunny

Edited by canarydan23

34 minutes ago, duke63 said:

What utter tosh.

You are in a massive minority here and its fairly obvious why. Brainwashed by Tory bull****ters.

Here's where you started going all ad hominem, so here's where you lost the argument, smart 4rse. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Why is it that this discourse with you reminds me of a conversation I had with my 5 year old when I had to explain to her why she couldn't jump off the climbing frame as she would not be able to fly off it like Owlette from PJ Masks?

And this is where canarydan23 lost his argument. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

And this is where canarydan23 lost his argument. 

His argument? I think you mean "the argument" or "our argument".

7 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Here's where you started going all ad hominem, so here's where you lost the argument, smart 4rse. 

And just to confirm my comment............................

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I think you mean "stick to conversations with". Alternatively, "a conversation with" or even "conversing with".

Patronising memes. Best Collection of funny Patronising pictures on iFunny

By the way, it's five-year-old, not five year old. 

1 minute ago, duke63 said:

And just to confirm my comment............................

You've confirmed nothing; you brought it down to this level in the first place. It's too late to start pretending to the moral high ground. 

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

By the way, it's five-year-old, not five year old. 

I'll give you that one.

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

His argument? I think you mean "the argument" or "our argument".

If you're suggesting that your arguments aren't your own and that everything you say is unoriginal and derivative, then I'm happy to accept your correction in this instance. 

8 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

You've confirmed nothing; you brought it down to this level in the first place. It's too late to start pretending to the moral high ground. 

No i didn't,  YOU confirmed my comment 😂

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, duke63 said:

No i didn't,  YOU confirmed my comment 😂

You're a pigeon playing chess, mate; you're a salutary reminder for me to never to argue with idiots, because they'll always reduce you to their level and beat you with their greater experience. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, duke63 said:

Its inevitable also the Scotland will eventually break away too with the rhetoric that comes from the Tory HQ.

Then all those things held dear by the Tory party and the older generation will be gone for good - No more UK, no more Great Britain, no more Union Jack flag.

The commonwealth is also starting to break up as Countries realise there is no relevance to having an overall ruler living in a Country thousands of miles away...and in fact is only that because Britons once conquered their land ( and in many cases stole their resources).

Sorry I missed this. Now here we are with you on one hand suggesting that sending goods on a 40-hour customs free trip via Ireland in the event of a major trade war would be farcical, but apparently having a section of GB voluntarily put up a hard land border on the island of GB with the area that accounts for 60% of its exports, then float it's own currency from nowhere overnight is not only feasible, but 'inevitable'. Way to go. 

The Commonwealth weakening is more to do with China's belt and road initiative than anything to do with the UK leaving the EU, which is irrelevant to the entire Commonwealth other than the possibility of strengthening economic ties directly with the UK. China's tacit support for Russia as it starves Africa will likely improve our position on that score. 

Ignoring LYB for a moment - 

It will be interesting if Scotland goes independent - as that will also help close the riddle with NI - both will be in the SM and will be able to trade freely. The 'Ulster-Scots' (or in short the Unionists) are largely from Scottish (& N. England) descent anyway so probably feel closer to Scotland than England (metaphorically and literally). What is the Union anyway without Scotland?

I think it will be as ever England that has the problem (I even saw today some comment that defacto we had to follow the EU rules/standards as companies couldn't be bothered to make 'special' UK versions or rules - i.e mobile phone chargers or was it EU privacy rules. The power of the (larger) market and all that.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Ignoring LYB for a moment - 

It will be interesting if Scotland goes independent - as that will also help close the riddle with NI - both will be in the SM and will be able to trade freely. The 'Ulster-Scots' (or in short the Unionists) are largely from Scottish (& N. England) descent anyway so probably feel closer to Scotland than England (metaphorically and literally). What is the Union anyway without Scotland?

I think it will be as ever England that has the problem (I even saw today some comment that defacto we had to follow the EU rules/standards as companies couldn't be bothered to make 'special' UK versions or rules - i.e mobile phone chargers or was it EU privacy rules. The power of the (larger) market and all that.

'Ignoring' as you launch a comment in direct reaction to what I just posted. You lot are a joke. 

The union without Scotland is the same, minus 7% of its GDP, some land to the north of the island, some fishing areas, 8% of it's population, and the 4% of the population that does the most whining about the UK. But hey, if it does happen, you can move up there. Just don't be upset or surprised when the Scot Nats get all nasty over being flooded with sassenachs. 

I 

5 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

'Ignoring' as you launch a comment in direct reaction to what I just posted. You lot are a joke. 

The union without Scotland is the same, minus 10% of its GDP, some land to the north of the island, some fishing areas, 10% of it's population, and the 5% of the population that does the most whining about the UK.

I prefer to ignore somebody who will argue how many angels can dance on the head of pin, can't see the larger picture or laugh at a light-hearted comment and then promotes illegal rule breaking as a solution to the NI issues (of this governments own making).

Your pedantic mindless arguments and ongoing spats with other posters adds nothing to the debate or your points which is why you're best ignored. I have no need to engage endlessly with anybody who argue for the sake of arguing. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I 

I prefer to ignore somebody who will argue how many angels can dance on the head of pin, can't see the larger picture or laugh at a light-hearted comment and then promotes illegal rule breaking as a solution to the NI issues (of this governments own making).

Your pedantic mindless arguments and ongoing spats with other posters adds nothing to the debate or your points which is why you're best ignored. I have no need to engage endlessly with anybody who argue for the sake of arguing. 

Oh f*k off you sanctimonious tw*t. They got personal, not me. Your gleeful predictions of the collapse of the UK inspired by your petulance are far more mindless than anything I have to offer. 

Like I said, I'll leave you to your echo chamber to whine and wring your hands among yourselves. I'm out. 

9 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Oh f*k off you sanctimonious tw*t. They got personal, not me. Like I said, I'll leave you to your echo chamber to whine and wring your hands among yourselves. I'm out. 

I see you've reverted to type. Uncouth and foul mouthed.

Goodbye.

Edited by Yellow Fever

6 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I see you've reverted to type. Uncouth.

Goodbye.

Go to hell. You're all the same, constantly baiting and ridiculing to get a reaction to then pretend superiority when you get one. Well, guess what, you can p*ss me off as much as you like and 'win' online discussions that way, but tactics like that don't win elections. 

So maybe in a way you're already in hell, which makes me happy. I'm off for a drive in the French countryside. Cheers. 

27 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I 

Oh by the way, I don't remember you having any sanctimonious comments to make about 'rule-breaking' when French fishing boats were blockading Jersey and France was threatening to cut power to the island Russia-style, hypocrite. 

18 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I see you've reverted to type. Uncouth and foul mouthed.

Goodbye.

And one final thing, the only times I ever remember you ever engaging with me is after someone has sucked me into a slanging match; never when I'm actually trying to have an entertaining debate.

"Ignoring littleyellowbirdie", getting a rise, then claiming the high ground. You're a typical narcissist. 

4 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

It just tells me that you shouldn't be allowed anywhere near any position of any corporate responsibility. 

If you deliberately smuggle goods expect them to be seized, your 'lorry' impounded' and your driver 'charged'. Worse to follow for the company itself and its directors

Now shall we start again on sensible options?

Lorries don't get seized unless there are actual customs checks where they might be seized. And this isn't corporate responsibility, this is politics and governance. Government won't drive this if industry gets desperate to get around things, it will just happen just as long-haul ferries from ireland are replacing the UK land bridge in spite of it being a far longer journey,. 

Northern Ireland is in the Customs union by the agreement. Once goods are in there, it's effectively impossible to prevent them being sold perfectly legally throughout the EU with no technical barriers, unless the EU wants to go down the road of a customs border between NI and the Republic, or the Republic and continental europe, which politically the EU can't do because Ireland will never let it. 

A final reminder though: it would only get to this point if the EU tore up the withdrawal agreement, and if it did that on the grounds of the UK acting under article 16 of the NI protocol without showing that the UK's action was disproportionate to the problems experienced by NI, then the EU would be the first rule-breaker. 

You carry on with your one-sided,holier than thou, proclamations about responsibility though. 

32 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Lorries don't get seized unless there are actual customs checks where they might be seized. And this isn't corporate responsibility, this is politics and governance. Government won't drive this if industry gets desperate to get around things, it will just happen just as long-haul ferries from ireland are replacing the UK land bridge in spite of it being a far longer journey,. 

Northern Ireland is in the Customs union by the agreement. Once goods are in there, it's effectively impossible to prevent them being sold perfectly legally throughout the EU with no technical barriers, unless the EU wants to go down the road of a customs border between NI and the Republic, or the Republic and continental europe, which politically the EU can't do because Ireland will never let it. 

You carry on with your one-sided,holier than thou, proclamations about responsibility though. 

I thought you'd gone away as clearly a know nothing.

I will leave you and your melt-down with one thought. How do our own HMRC catch and confiscate all those smuggled in cigarettes in some shops. HMRC have sweeping powers same as in the EU. You can pull a lorry/van/car over anywhere and check its goods for contraband especially if tipped off for wholesale breach of regulations especially with a a tip off / intelligence. Indeed it was one idea for a soft border from your very own daft government.

Any more criminal notions ?

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

I thought you'd gone away as clearly a know nothing.

I will leave you and your melt-down with one thought. How do our own HMRC catch and confiscate all those smuggled in cigarettes in some shops. HMRC have sweeping powers same as in the EU. You can pull a lorry/van/car over anywhere and check its goods for contraband especially if tipped off for wholesale breach of regulations especially with a a tip off / intelligence. Indeed it was one idea for a soft border from your very own daft government.

Any more criminal notions ?

That's the EU's laws. Enforcing those are its problem, not the UK's. Regardless, what I'm describing is simply what will happen in practise if the EU was to start trying to blockade goods, which would also be rule-breaking as participants in the WTO.  

And the EU's already concerned enough to be worried with it happening on a small scale now. Imagine what it'd be like if the EU escalated it to a full open season?

https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2022-06-15/eu-claims-counterfeit-goods-are-smuggled-into-single-market-via-northern-ireland

Oh wait a minute: Look these smugglers are actually sending goods to the EU through Liverpool to Belfast to Cork to the continent, and that's right now while we still have an FTA in place.

Clearly it's economic and feasible for them. How's that for a 'know nothing'? QED, mother f**kers. 

As an additional note on the story here, it's hilarious that the EU is now beating the UK over the head for smuggling that has been prevented by UK border force, not the EU. More proof of the EU acting and arguing in bad faith over Northern Ireland. Apparently, UK border force catching smugglers is proof that UK border force isn't doing its job it was agreed that it would do. 

One more point to those so wishing to condemn me for pointing to the risks of deterioration to terrorism in Northern Ireland under the protocol in mitigation for the UK governments determination to push on with changes in the face of insufficient movement from the EU, the whole reason for the existence of the NI protocol was ostensibly to prevent a deterioration to terrorism in NI, so kindly get off of your high horses before you fall off. 

2 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Smuggling isn't really an option for legitimate businesses, is it?

Some of the stuff mentioned is smart phones and the like that aren't even manufactured in the UK at all. There's absolutely nothing stopping legitimate businesses selling product to smaller, less scrupulous businesses that smuggle the product while the larger companies remain squeaky clean. 

Weren't they all counterfeit products though, according to that link? Drugs and weapons got mentioned as well.