Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Watford*****

The danger signs are there. We are playing the better football without finding that final pass. Yet they could be two up.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

He's amazing but what the **** was Aarons playing at? A **** pass from him caused the break and he ambled back like on a Boxing Day stroll. 

Again there, too big a gap between defence and midfield, midfield are not working anywhere near hard enough. 

That should have been 2. They’re getting way too much room down the sides and we’re not closing them down. Also coming forwards we haven’t worked the keeper at all. Disappointed with how we’ve not capitalised on a good spell of possession.

Just now, king canary said:

Few too many just off the pace tonight- Dowell in particular hasn't looked with it.

Dowell needs to come off, not fit enough for the work needed against one of the leagues top sides. 

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Again there, too big a gap between defence and midfield, midfield are not working anywhere near hard enough. 

I don't want to bash Kenny, but this is a common issue when he had played in the DM role 

I'm desperate for him to excel but I just don't think he has enough bite or positional sense to work Infront of the defence. Nice passer and it always seems he wants to go forward rather than defend.

• Like 1

See us being mugged - hope our stamina holds up. 

Hate the fact the Ref is a little slow.

as long as DF swaps some stuff around for the next 45

Just now, Making Plans said:

All about the crosses. Watfords have been good and ours have been terrible

Our two corners were very poor. Didn't get passed the first man.

Bit of a disappointing half. 

I expect us to be at it more in the second half.

1 minute ago, NeymarSmith said:

I don't want to bash Kenny, but this is a common issue when he had played in the DM role 

I'm desperate for him to excel but I just don't think he has enough bite or positional sense to work Infront of the defence. Nice passer and it always seems he wants to go forward rather than defend.

I really want to see a Sorenson/Skipp combo at some point as I think that could be the best balance we've got.

However Rupp also deserves to get a shot back in that midfield 2.

I'd be tempted to play McLean at 10 and being on Rupp, but am concerned we'd miss his aerial ability. Dowell looks shot and is obviously short of match fitness. 

Well, that's that then. Defending, more so on the left side, awful and non existent which I have said from the start-You just knew a goal would come from there. Awful, awful defending. Let him walk it in unmarked.

2 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

I'd be tempted to take Dowell off, push McLean forward, slot Sorenson alongside Skipp and bring on Xavi

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

WTF a total loss of concentration across the park there.  Aarons, Skipp, Sorenson and McGovern all at fault there.

Skipp was nowhere near it? Was Dowell being lazy in closing down.

Great to watch when we have the ball, but not doing enough with it. Crossing quality is very low. Watford showed us how to cross the ball when they scored, very hard to defend. 

Add to “to do list” for Farke - sit out crossing

2 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:
4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Thought Kenny was one of our better performers first half. No fault with him for the goal, several good interceptions, headers and good link play. Mistakes have been costly, as always, giving the ball away cheaply when in attack - and it wasn't Kenny who made them.

• Like 3

We’ve been decent but missing final ball, Watford clearly very dangerous up front.

can still se us winning just need some magic from Buendia and cantwell.

not sure why all criticism for Dowell done ok , goal excluded and he isn’t a defender (nor is Sorensen!)

slow build up, then some impressive 'ping pong' stuff.........................that achieves nothing

changes needed at half time

Just now, Pritch said:
10 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

WTF a total loss of concentration across the park there.  Aarons, Skipp, Sorenson and McGovern all at fault there.

Skipp was nowhere near it? Was Dowell being lazy in closing down.

The main fault was allowing their winger to get at Aarons. Dowell was just standing off, inactive and could - should - have helped.

Jacob having a bit of a 'mare. Should we bring Xavi on? Dunno.

Watford epitomise the sort of team that give us big problems. Fast, powerful attackers who drive at us & just skittle us out the way.

Plus they look really, really up for it tonight.

Over to you Daniel ...

Watford defending deep then breaking with pace and it is working. 

Norwich playing a  high line. This is how Premier League sides did for us game after game, letting us have the ball, defending deep then playing a waiting game.