Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Norwich- Back in the blue and white

I cannot understand why any club allows a non bright colour kit. It's frankly bizarre as there is obvious advantage in having a kit that is bright.  Something that it is easily visible for players picking up runs from colleagues in the corner of their eye.

Too much dark green on a shirt, grey, black, this kind of blue, dull and non stand out colours.  I understand the clubs want three kits to maximise income, satisfy demands of the league etc, but for goodness sakes have some common sense in what kind of colours are used. Blue was never going to go down well for obvious reasons, especially this kind of inisipd blue type colour, which is more like a camouflage colour.

Bright primary colours - anything other than these attempts at finding something "different" and which may to some look "cool", but have the effect of making the players' jobs harder.

But no, it seems its "Yay, lets ask the designers to give us a new kit that looks cool but makes playing football harder". Even the first kit isn't immune some seasons - one season the green on the shirt took over the yellow and was made a darker green too - again, bonkers.   We should have shirts that make us look as if we are everywhere on the pitch, buzzing around. Dull colour kits have the opposite effect.  Bonkers, bonkers, bonkers.

Rant over.

Merry Christmas, bah humbug

🙂

• Like 5

As one of the 7% of the male population that has some form of colour sight deficiency I am all in favour of big contrasts between the kits of the two teams. The other week I settled down to watch Liverpool demolish Palace and had to endure 22 players kicking the ball around between them in a seemingly random manner.

I'm not saying that I like our blue kit, but Watford are going to be one of the teams who will force us away from the yellow and green when away.

Lakey, as the game is this evening, those shirts will make it a nightmare for the Linos to make offside calls correctly. As there is no VAR, Teemu could have a field day 🙂  

5 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

As one of the 7% of the male population that has some form of colour sight deficiency I am all in favour of big contrasts between the kits of the two teams. The other week I settled down to watch Liverpool demolish Palace and had to endure 22 players kicking the ball around between them in a seemingly random manner.

I'm not saying that I like our blue kit, but Watford are going to be one of the teams who will force us away from the yellow and green when away.

Roy Hodgson said exactly the same thing. 

I think this is a ‘misremembering’ - pretty sure the last time we wore this kit was at Brentford where we got a pretty decent draw.  I was wondering which we’d wear today, but I suppose it was always going to be the green/blue as Watford are partly in black (and the performance in the third kit v Luton wasn’t great).

Edited by Branston Pickle

Whilst I follow your logic Lakey, our yelloow shirts against the predominantly yellow seats at Carrow Rd can't be easy. 

Plus at any ground (when allowed in) fans like to wear identical shirts to the players, which can't help either. 

47 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Lakey, as the game is this evening, those shirts will make it a nightmare for the Linos to make offside calls correctly. As there is no VAR, Teemu could have a field day 🙂  

Yeah, there is that positive side to it! Ghosting in unseen....I like the sound of that!

I can understand what Lakey’s saying here. I think when you play the kind of football we do where a lot of it comes down to a split second decision and no time to think on the pass, you kind of need those around you to stand out even in the corner of your eye. That said, without being on the pitch to experience how much of that is true or not, then it’s hard to say if that is the case or not. You can make a case for it being difficult for the opposition to follow us in this kit compared to the yellow too I guess! 

One other thing I'm now convinced of with regard to kits, which is kind of touched on by Lakey.  Whenever a bit more green in blocks is allowed into our home kit we have a crap season.  I plead with our club's taste meisters to never allow thus to happen again.  The more yellow and plainer the better.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I can understand what Lakey’s saying here. I think when you play the kind of football we do where a lot of it comes down to a split second decision and no time to think on the pass, you kind of need those around you to stand out even in the corner of your eye. That said, without being on the pitch to experience how much of that is true or not, then it’s hard to say if that is the case or not. You can make a case for it being difficult for the opposition to follow us in this kit compared to the yellow too I guess! 

Plus I have a feeling some shirts will have 'must be worn a certain number of times in the season' contracts for advertising purposes 

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Don't panic. Our players have a telepathic relationship with each other. The opposition can't handle it, let alone see us. We're good to go in 'Blue'

26 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

so, 2 matches in it 2 loses.

Burn it and never play in it again 😂

When we did we lose in this kit, I don't recall once before today...?

Bournemouth away

Derby home

Luton away

Watford away

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

so, 2 matches in it 2 loses.

Burn it and never play in it again 😂

58 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Please can we just burn this monstrosity of a kit? 

55 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I hated it when it came out . And if possible I hate it even more now. 
Burn it . 

Well apparently it's 'petrol' not blue so it should go up well. 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

OTBC

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, greggp27 said:

When we did we lose in this kit, I don't recall once before today...?

Bournemouth away

Derby home

Luton away

Watford away

Luton away, League Cup

But doesn’t a non-bright kit also make it more difficult for our opponents to mark our players, rather than bright yellow flashes hurtling towards them?

Swings and roundabouts IMO

All the debate at the beginning of the season about whether the kit is blue or not...it’s f*cking blue.

• Like 1

I definitely prefer the white away kit, but it is a pain to keep clean.   Perhaps the kit staff got to choose.

Absolutely.
No reason not to wear white and green or all green as our (only very occasionally needed) change strip. Besides it’ll make for a better experience at Carrow Rd if those not wearing yellow shirts wear white or green instead.