Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

BBC1 Football Focus 12.00 today

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm prepared to bet it will open with a view of the cathedral 

😄 And feature a certain half time entertainment  v Man City

• Like 1

The bloke doing the interviews is the one that calls every single player “mate”, like he’s always going for a pint with them. He comes across like the third member of Talk Norwich City. Mark someone.

Edited by FenwayFrank

18 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

The bloke doing the interviews is the one that calls every single player “mate”, like he’s always going for a pint with them. He comes across like the third member of Talk Norwich City. Mark someone.

Mark Clemmitt?...  and the guy's a pr!ck

What a Richard Mark Lawrenson is. Dan Walker and Leon Osman complimentary how we have stuck with our manager despite relegation and got a plan to progress the Club etc, and all Lawrenson could say was, does that not say more about the (state of) Championship than the Premier League (that we are top, and Watford and Bournemouth are up there also)  . Couldn't bring himself to cough up a compliment. Oh well, life moves on.

50 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

What a Richard Mark Lawrenson is. Dan Walker and Leon Osman complimentary how we have stuck with our manager despite relegation and got a plan to progress the Club etc, and all Lawrenson could say was, does that not say more about the (state of) Championship than the Premier League (that we are top, and Watford and Bournemouth are up there also)  . Couldn't bring himself to cough up a compliment. Oh well, life moves on.

I dislike the man intensely but I'm afraid he's right. It had to happen eventually. The gap now is enormous. The amount of money needed for us to survive would be huge. We probably have 5 Premier League standard players (assuming we keep them) and we would probably need to bring in around 7 or 8 just to have a hope of survival. It's a damning indictment of what has happened to the game in this country. 

• Like 1

Surely COVID has had a massive impact on those teams in the Championship who didn’t have PL money last year and parachute payments this? So probably not a surprise that the three relegated clubs are doing so well. 

And yeah Lawrenson is a plank. And a dinosaur. 

It was really highlighting that he never offered a positive. I don't think that many Norwich fans, let alone any pundits, would have seen us 5 points clear at Xmas, after how last season finished. 

A gap between the Leagues has been obvious for a few years now and can be made in another conversation. Plainly the BBC thought it a good news story , by creating the clip, but then they offer up one of their expert pundits.......

1 minute ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Surely COVID has had a massive impact on those teams in the Championship who didn’t have PL money last year and parachute payments this? So probably not a surprise that the three relegated clubs are doing so well. 

And yeah Lawrenson is a plank. And a dinosaur. 

He represents much of what I dislike about many of 'my generation'.....a kind of    " done my time, know it all, world weary, nothing to learn , itll never be as good as we were attitude" ...its no wonder the 'kids ' are getting restless for a fairer world when you see twerps like him resting on their laurels. Leon Osman however comes across increasingly well with more telly time jnder his belt. Give me him and J Jenas over Lawrenson , shearer etc all day long.   No more 'heros' and 'legends', gives us informed insightful analysis and opinion. Not some old fart reeling out the cliches.

• Like 1

His face has gone south with a turned down mouth....giving truth to the saying "by the age of 50 get the face you deserve". Think that was Orwell.

His whole view of life and a sad resignation in response with it seem so matched to his facial expression.

Whilst I am no fan of his, the disparity between the Premier League and the EFL has undeniably grown in recent years. The argument was always about trickle down economics but in reality, as much if not more money has gone to signing players from abroad and the token English player from lower leagues to make up quota's in the Premier League.

I've said all along that the rules on youth players and quota's wouldn't change anything, and largely it hasn't.