Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Krul signs new 3 year contract

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It is, as the kids would say

'Pretty peak'

😉

The word dub is getting a lot of use on twitter, anyone care to explain what that’s about?

Splendid news. Reward for his loyalty to us, and gives us something to build on. We've helped him get his career back on track, and he's repaid us with loyalty and performance.

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

The word dub is getting a lot of use on twitter, anyone care to explain what that’s about?

Short for double u... as in W... as in Win

• Like 1

Great news for the club , one of our best keepers ever despite an inconsistent start , let's hope he comes back soon , though McGovern has let no one down with his displays.otbc

• Like 1

This will take him on to 35 with us, I imagine his previous contract was expiring at the end of the season?

27 minutes ago, JayNCFC said:

This will take him on to 35 with us, I imagine his previous contract was expiring at the end of the season?

End of next season i think so 2 year extension.

12 minutes ago, kick it off said:

16 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Correct.

I'm delighted with the fact that he's staying long-term, but giving a 32-year-old a contract that takes him up to 36 is unusual and potentially risky, but it's a nice Christmas present so let's not look a gift horse in the mouth.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Correct.

I'm delighted with the fact that he's staying long-term, but giving a 32-year-old a contract that takes him up to 36 is unusual and potentially risky, but it's a nice Christmas present so let's not look a gift horse in the mouth.

I mean McGovern is 36, in the best form of his life and hes playing like prime buffon

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Correct.

He is a keeper though! I think even if he does dip in form he would probably fall back to second choice to another signing / young prospect and still be a very useful option at the very worst (subject to injuries) - not to mention his personality and presence in the dressing room which I think is huge! Potentially coaching / mentoring the younger keepers too? Let’s create a new breed of penalty saving NCFC keepers 😆

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean McGovern is 36, in the best form of his life and hes playing like prime buffon

I doubt McGovern is on first team wages though which minimises the risk, and he was never given a three-and-a-half-year contract.

Like I said, I'm not going to complain about Krul being given a new contract, but it's just unusual that someone who is 33 before the season is out has been given such a lengthy deal.

8 hours ago, JayNCFC said:

Goalkeepers tend to last longer than outfielders, so not so bothered. I think given his experience he'll be great to have around for any young keepers to learn from, as well as benefitting the team in the dressing room