Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Watford predictions

Thanks for the link. The summary of the game includes this. From a Watford fan.....

"They do not play the prettiest football in the Championship, but it's effective. You do not have to play sexy football to win this division" 

Pin it on the dressing room wall? 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

5 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Thanks for the link. The summary of the game includes this. From a Watford fan.....

"They do not play the prettiest football in the Championship, but it's effective. You do not have to play sexy football to win this division" 

That’s the line that says it all, as you say pin it up. 

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Wow............. hard pressed to think of anybody who weaves prettier patterns than our lads  🙂

Thanks for the link, seems a pretty fair assessment from their fans, (although i believe several of our players are better than average).  I was surprised that they seemed to accept the pantomime of changing manager.

6 hours ago, Mark .Y. said:

Wow............. hard pressed to think of anybody who weaves prettier patterns than our lads  🙂

I was surprised by that comment in the article but what's the betting that the person that wrote that has barely watched us play?!

Even our highlights show we've played some very good football. 

From that comment you would think all we do is hoof it upfront. Far from it. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Would very happily take a draw.

This seems to get said by someone on here each week but we end up winning. 

If Sarr is up against Sorensen I’ll be nervous but avoiding defeat will keep us a nice few points away from them with two very winnable games coming up 

9 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Ha ha, what utter nonsense from a Watford fan that clearly hasn’t watched us. We play with intricacy, flair and skill as I’m sure he or she will discover to their detriment tomorrow. I’ve seen Watford several times this season and they’ve been utter crap! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

10 nil, pukki with 5

Enjoying festive alcohol today? 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

If Sarr is up against Sorensen I’ll be nervous but avoiding defeat will keep us a nice few points away from them with two very winnable games coming up 

A surprise return for Quintilla tomorrow ?

(though being dropped would be harsh on Sorensen)

50 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Watford 3 Norwich 1.........

Hmm. I've noticed you're pretty consistent with these sort of predictions FJSPSOB. Bit of reverse jinxing going on?? Well it's certainly been working 😄👍

• Thanks 1

Just seen the weather forecast, not good for Sat evening, I foresee the ball flying everywhere , hopefully into the Watford net

A draw would be a good result, I have.a feeling Watford will be a bit disorganised, i.e. they have been prepared to play defensively most of the season, and Munoz will want to shape the side, but takes time.  On balance i reckon a 1 0 win.  OTBC

2-2. Laughable comment referred to above about our style of football but then quite a few of their fans were massive g**by t**ts last time they came to Carrow Road so perhaps have got ideas above their tiny little station.

they have some good players and will be pumped for this due to the manager going. This is a very hard game. 

Should we win that pretty much means we have swept all aside, other than Bournemouth that was in the first few weeks. This we would have done with a number of injuries, we still probably have 4 positions where we have our best player in a particular position still injured or on the bench ( Krul, Quintilla, Rupp and Gibson ) although to be fair you could argue it would be difficult to drop any of the deputies. Extreme bad luck aside we will be much stronger in the second half of the season. Keep a clean sheet tonight ( even if it’s 0-0 ) means we can stop anyone in this division scoring past us and there are no better physical centre forwards ( who are often the ones that destroy us in the past ) in this division than Troy Deeney ( love him or loathe him ).

It will be a very tight game and I am hoping we don’t lose tonight therefore, which just tightens things up.

I think a draw. I am more worried as the game gets closer. Last week I would have said we would sneak a win. The new manager has stated he needs his team to "fight like an animal" and I don't really like the sound of that. It reminds me of Wimbledon on a Boxing Day many years ago when we might get a drubbing. And yet, under Farke, haven't our Boxing Day blues been banished?

1-1 would be my tip and happy to  take that right now.

17 hours ago, Deptford Yellow said:

A surprise return for Quintilla tomorrow ?

(though being dropped would be harsh on Sorensen)

While I don't think this is the best game to test him out (prehaps the cup will be better for this) but start Quintilla at left back and Sorenson at his natural midfield position?