Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Radio Norfolk

So no "home" commentaries at away matches.

Can't stand listening to the opponents commentators, they're always useless and biased.

Think I'll listen with the sound off

10 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

So no "home" commentaries at away matches.

Can't stand listening to the opponents commentators, they're always useless and biased.

Think I'll listen with the sound off

I think the home ones are just as biased. 

Sorry - don’t live locally any more, what’s this about?  (Radio Norfolk commentary on away games is actually a relatively new thing, certainly wasn’t around when I was a teenager in the mid 80s!).

Edited by Branston Pickle

Commentary should be as unashamedly heavily biased towards Norwich as possible 

Merry Christmas to all the radio Norfolk boiz and girls xx

21 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Commentary should be as unashamedly heavily biased towards Norwich as possible 

Merry Christmas to all the radio Norfolk boiz and girls xx

Agreed, but then we cannot moan when the oppositions commentary is biased towards them. 

You would imagine that commentary being broadcast for the benefit of both sets of fans by the BBC due to covid will be less partisan and then revert to type once away commentators can attend again. 

43 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

You would imagine that commentary being broadcast for the benefit of both sets of fans by the BBC due to covid will be less partisan and then revert to type once away commentators can attend again. 

I think local commentators will find it almost impossible to provide neutral commentary. Many of them are supporters of the teams and have been reporting on them for years.

As I understand it we’ll just get Norwich bias for the home games which in the circumstances is fair enough

On the odd occasion I’ve had to listen to the opposition commentary, I’ve thought “this will be interesting to get the opposing point of view”. Within ten minutes, I’ve had to turn it off.

The opposition commentaries have been varied-Notts Forest were incredibly dull, others were quite good-I think the two for Stoke were pretty fair-but for sheer competence, Chris Goreham has been better than any of the other commentators-seems to know what he’s talking about whereas some of the others don’t seem to have a clue.

Phil Daley has done quite a few of the away games this season, especially the mid week matches. He's not quite at Chris Goreham's level, but a very good back up for Radio Norfolk. I think they sound surprisingly similar. 

This may give us a chance to find out what a boring, dirty, bland and lucky team we actually are with other commentators opinions

Anyway, whatever they say won't stop us scoring, so let them fill their boots

They could always get Danny Mills and Robbie Savage to do a neutral commentary 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I had problems listening to ‘home’ commentary in the first half v Brentford but they were very fair - as were Middlesbrough.   

I enjoyed the Swansea commentary on iFollow, the 2 welsh boys could not have been more complimentary about us. That was until we scored the winner, and suddenly their stance on us somewhat changed!

In general I like to think that Rad Nor are actually pretty fair and balanced in their coverage, and hats off to Goreham that he clearly does his research before games- he always knows exactly who the opposition players are etc.

Listening to opposition coverage on occasion usually goes something like 'and the Norwich right back, number 22, has looked quite sharp, you can see why bigger clubs are interested in Max Adams' & they're actually talking about Buendia.

Also might be worth downing a shot every time our massive budget gets mentioned, you might not make it to full time.

18 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Is today's game available on Ifollow, free for season ticket holders? 

You're out of luck Greavsy.

Away matches which are on Sky aren't available on iFollow at all. If you haven't got Sky then it's  Day Pass if you want to see it for about a tenner.

Now TV do one but the feed is about 30 secs behind what you'll get if you're a Sky subscriber.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

You're out of luck Greavsy.

Away matches which are on Sky aren't available on iFollow at all. If you haven't got Sky then it's  Day Pass if you want to see it for about a tenner.

Now TV do one but the feed is about 30 secs behind what you'll get if you're a Sky subscriber.

Thanks, that explains it. The criteria kept changing, and with these tiers, the Christmas confusion of not knowing what day it is, or if I'm allowed out, or to have any one round, if I have to have half a scotch egg and inject the other half in 21 days, so I can have a Christmas beer, but with no more than 5 friends etc the football coverage got lost! 

I have a couple of day pass codes available so may use one of those. 

Cheers Smithy. 

• Haha 1

oh dear too much Christmas gin, wrong thread!

Surely this? Stunner. And it was the official goal of the season for the entire 1st division (ie premier league) 

I was there on the terrace 😄

Robert Rosario vs Southampton

Edited by Canary Jedi
Wrong thread!