Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Both Lewis and Murphy in action for Newcastle right now against Brentford

Been a fun match so fast, been interesting seeing them both in action, although still 0-0

Shame Brentfords pitch is in such a shockingly poor state, thought this was supposed to be a new stadium? 🤔

I for one am still disappointed (yet understand) that Jamal went Newcastle 

Don't get me wrong, beautiful passionate fans and big stadium in the heart of the city, but have been playing football not known for being pretty and aren't going anywhere in the premier League.

I get he quadruples his wages but yeah, I feel he could of done better.

Murphy hasn't set the world a light

28 minutes ago, Herman said:

I don't know what he's done but Jamal is getting a bit of a kicking on twitter. 

They haven't taken to him at all. I couldn't see that he was any worse than any of the others tonight but it's clear he is a duck out of water with the style of football they play. 

Just a comment on the pitch, apparently it was due to be (re)laid before the season but Covid/other things delayed it.  Playing rugby on what isn’t meant to be their ‘proper’ pitch most definitely isn’t doing it any favours.

Jamal is literally trending right now on Twitter. Newcastle fans are furious with him. What the heck happened tonight (other than the score).

38 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Jamal is literally trending right now on Twitter. Newcastle fans are furious with him. What the heck happened tonight (other than the score).

He pretty much gifted them/brentford a goal, and aside from his first game for Newcastle Jamal has honestly been awful for them

Not that I think he's a bad footballer but Newcastle is clearly not the team suited for a player like him

28 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He pretty much gifted them/brentford a goal, and aside from his first game for Newcastle Jamal has honestly been awful for them

Not that I think he's a bad footballer but Newcastle is clearly not the team suited for a player like him

Eh?  I didn't watch the game, but I've watched the highlights - I really don't see that the Brentford goal is Lewis's fault. 

11 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Eh?  I didn't watch the game, but I've watched the highlights - I really don't see that the Brentford goal is Lewis's fault. 

I agree re the Brentford goal but Newcastle fans blame Lewis for the WBA goal in a previous game and now he's their (es)cape goat for any poor defending and performances.

We have an office in Newcastle and their fans are generally unhappy about the takeover, Steve Bruce (he's no Rafa) and anyone they sign who in their opinion isn't good enough. They also think that Ashley is taking money out of the club despite there being no evidence and top players won't sign for Newcastle because the training facilities are being run down, again there's no evidence.

Edited by A Load of Squit

9 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I agree re the Brentford goal but Newcastle fans blame Lewis for the WBA goal in a previous game and now he's their (es)cape goat for any poor defending and performances.

We have an office in Newcastle and their fans are generally unhappy about the takeover, Steve Bruce (he's no Rafa) and anyone they sign who in their opinion isn't good enough. They also think that Ashley is taking money out of the club despite there being no evidence and top players won't sign for Newcastle because the training facilities are being run down, again there's no evidence.

Yes, I agree with that - he was ball watching for half a second and in that half a second the WBA player nipped in from behind him and scored. I did suspect that it was exactly how you describe it, i.e. that he has become a scapegoat and that any goal they concede is automatically blamed on him irrespective of whether it was actually his fault or not. 

19 hours ago, NeymarSmith said:

I for one am still disappointed (yet understand) that Jamal went Newcastle 

Don't get me wrong, beautiful passionate fans and big stadium in the heart of the city, but have been playing football not known for being pretty and aren't going anywhere in the premier League.

I get he quadruples his wages but yeah, I feel he could of done better.

Murphy hasn't set the world a light

Ironically Jamal Lewis has been terrible in recent weeks and was dropped to the bench for the last league game, Newcastle are looking to bring back the Dutch left back they had last season. 

And Jacob Murphy has done a really good job as a wing back on the opposite side of the pitch and is getting lots of praise this season. 

18 hours ago, Clint said:

Let’s get Jamal back on loan in Jan then! 

No thanks, not a very good defender and no end product going forward. We mugged Newcastle.

4 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

They also think that Ashley is taking money out of the club despite there being no evidence...

To be fair, on the PinkUn FB page, I see all the time people suggesting that Norwich have no money because Delia is always taking money out. I think that's probably just one of those things that people who have no idea of football finance think. They see some big outgoing sales, see that the incoming players are a lower value and think that the difference is being pocketed by the owners.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No thanks, not a very good defender and no end product going forward. We mugged Newcastle.

Meh, he works for a team like us that enjoys playing high but for a team like newcastle in which they prefer having static back defenders it doesnt really work for him

16 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Meh, he works for a team like us that enjoys playing high but for a team like newcastle in which they prefer having static back defenders it doesnt really work for him

It's not as if Newcastle wouldn't have been aware of that before they bought him? 🤔

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

😂 😂

It won't happen of course, but if Jamal were to come back here on loan in January we would straight away have ourselves  the best left back in the Championship. 

4 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

😂 😂

It won't happen of course, but if Jamal were to come back here on loan in January we would straight away have ourselves  the best left back in the Championship. 

I'd rather have our in house options now (and that includes Sorensen)

23 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

Now I love Newcastle, the city and the people as it happens. However, and again with the caveat that they are a team I have a soft spot for, Newcastle supporters are not exactly the most level headed when it comes to their club. Given that the bar is set pretty high by virtue of being football fans (as every message board in the country shows), Jamal probably didn't have much hope unless he got off to a running start.

1 hour ago, Michael Starr said:

I'd rather have our in house options now (and that includes Sorensen)

Don't get me wrong, I like our options this season, and Sorenson has done a fantastic job, but given the hypothetical option I would take Jamal over them. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

😂 😂

I prefer Xavi and his incredible crossing + corners, he's a better passer of the ball as well.

Better all round player in my opinion. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

18 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Eh? Newcastle literally play wing backs, and until Lewis got dropped he was the left wing back and Murphy was the right wing back. 

Do you just make things up?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

27 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Eh? Newcastle literally play wing backs, and until Lewis got dropped he was the left wing back and Murphy was the right wing back. 

Do you just make things up?

Tbf  in the games I have  seen Murphy  was nearly always  the more advanced with lewis being asked to drop in at lb as they shuffled to a back four when Murphy was forward. Rarely did I see both 'wing backs' advanced as we do it. I'd say You're both a bit right , but I'm the rightest .!!😇