Sign in to follow this  
Rivvo

Do the BBC know something we don’t?

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Am I missing something here?

I think the fact that tonight's EFL cup games are being headed PREMIER LEAGUE .........

7 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

I think the fact that tonight's EFL cup games are being headed PREMIER LEAGUE .........

Oh, haha!

"Whoooooosh", I believe the saying goes... 🙂

• Like 1

I imagine it's agonizing being a Brentford supporter. Coming so close every year and always having to sell your best players and rebuild every season. It has to be so gutting missing out every year, kinda like Derby up until recently, having great seasons year after year but never getting over the line, seeing your rivals pip you to the prize and having to start the long grind again and again from scratch. They could be having a season like us and still feel like they'd probably slip away and miss out at the crucial time in the season.

I like them as a club, they have great support and play good football, but I'm so glad we're not them and don't have to put up with that every year. I'd have torn all my hear out by now!

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

Brentford haven’t really done that though-in the 6 seasons since they came up from League 1 they’ve only made the playoffs twice-in the 1st season and in the 6th season. Apart from that they’ve been 9th, 10th, 9th and 11th.

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Coming so close every year and always having to sell your best players and rebuild every season. It has to be so gutting missing out every year, kinda like Derby up until recently, having great seasons year after year but never getting over the line, seeing your rivals pip you to the prize and having to start the long grind again and again from scratch.

Sounds perfect to me! Could only be bettered by winning the Championship but being allowed to sell our place in the EPL to some billionaire failure club like Forest.

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Am I missing something here?

Me too as it clearly states EFL Cup Scores in the fixtures!

Edited by Indy

16 hours ago, Indy said:

Me too as it clearly states EFL Cup Scores in the fixtures!

They changed it about 5 minutes after I took the screen shot and posted it on here, they must be monitoring the Pink Un board for all their articles on tactics and transfer rumours.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I imagine it's agonizing being a Brentford supporter. Coming so close every year and always having to sell your best players and rebuild every season. It has to be so gutting missing out every year, kinda like Derby up until recently, having great seasons year after year but never getting over the line, seeing your rivals pip you to the prize and having to start the long grind again and again from scratch. They could be having a season like us and still feel like they'd probably slip away and miss out at the crucial time in the season.

I like them as a club, they have great support and play good football, but I'm so glad we're not them and don't have to put up with that every year. I'd have torn all my hear out by now!

To be honest a good mate of mine is a Brentford fan and he’s pretty chilled about it. They have no expectations really. They are just pretty happy to be competing at a level well above their place in the natural scheme of things and to have a good team and new stadium etc. Of course he gets frustrated when they lose games or miss out but they don’t have the same burden of expectation from their fans base  that we (Rightly) do. This may change of course if they stay competitive for a few more years.