Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Little old Leicester to move into brand new £100 million training ground

Fair play to them that is a hugely impressive complex. It does go to show the level of competition we are up against if we get back to the premier. I wonder how much something like that costs? 

in fairness to us though, we don’t have a billionaire owner and we still have a cat 1 academy, can’t ask for more really. I think our club is getting the maximum it can out of our self sustaining model which should be applauded really. 

In danger of falling into the same trap as Ipswich fans if we classify Leicester in terms of their historical position. Recent Champions, some seasons in Europe, they've spent tens of millions on players - I don't think there's anything "little" about Leicester anymore. They have made the transition to at least the "top 8".

But we all know that in football, things can change very quickly. Arsenal know that, so do Sheffield United.

Norwich over the last 10 years have been building nicely but the previous 10 were appalling. We should just enjoy it while it lasts - just like Leicester fans, because it won't last forever.

• Like 2

Looks good, and every bit the facility of a club with a billionaire owner. But, I think we should be really proud of the fact we have probably the best training and academy facilities outside of the top flight and whats more it was paid for by a fan bond scheme. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:

Sadly, our strategy doesn’t include ambition.

Strange you haven't posted in six weeks now we're top of the league. What kind of fan are you, really?

#fansajoke

#highlandout

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 1

I still think we should ditch Ipswich and adopt Leicester as our new "local rival" / derby game.

Bloody hell, maybe we should siphon some more prem money into Colney? The £5 million we spent was when things were looking less rosey. Would they have liked to have spent more?

1 hour ago, Highland Canary said:

Sadly, our strategy doesn’t include ambition.

I think if we keep Emi, Aarons and Cantwell over January that would show a strong and realistic amount of ambition. Although that accusation was levelled by many (including myself) at the start of last season, so far this season I can't really fault the board other than to question the wisdom of some of the outbound loans leaving us a bit short in key areas. But it's a results business and we're top by 5 clear points, so they've earned a pass on that too.

With the restrictions of Brexit, it’s more important than ever to invest in youth and infrastructure. The next few years could see us certainly develop within budgets our training facility and ground.

We’re in a very strong place but we certainly shouldn’t just accept where we are but challenge the future by continually improving our club.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

But it's a results business

It's also a business business Wundaboyo,  and we have to keep the purse strings pretty  tight. We disagreed a while ago on this when you were  calling for investment to prove ambition, sure nothing is ever final and proven , except hindsight , but it's great to know we didnt over extend ourselves as no one  could have  predicted how this year was going to  turn out. Imagine how effing good it would feel if the Club is still in the Prem in a couple of Seasons time....doing it our  Way. No  guarantees I know.

I think in line with the ‘mission statement’ of Norwich being a top 26 team, everything is going swimmingly!

Just a shame the current model only produces success in the bottom 6 of that 26! Being successful in the top 20 is what Leicester have proven, albeit funded by a awful foreigner who hasn’t supported the club since birth 🤣🤣🤣🤣