Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

QPR game last home spectators for a while

Unfortunately the way COVID is spreading across the East it has to be likely that we as a county are in tier 3 or 4 come the New Year. Sadly this will mean the end of spectators at Norwich home games quite possibly for the rest of the season. In fairness not many clubs have them left now anyway, nice while it lasted for those that could go, but a sign of the times. My last game was the home win against Leicester, it will seem strange that there is a good chance that my next one may be a home game in the PL again, strange times, stay safe everyone, a difficult few months awaits us all but the summer should be much much better

• Like 4

I know compared to so many other difficulties and restrictions that people are having to put up with, not least the likely closure of schools again in the new-year, not being able to go to watch football is low on the list. Having said that it felt like a small positive step back towards normality attending the Sheffield Wed and Cardiff games. To have that taken away again shows that unfortunately we are drifting backwards again which is so dispiriting.

I hope you're right about the summer YC. Be good news indeed for us all to get back to doing the things we enjoyed yet took for granted.

• Like 1

This could well be correct given the bureaucratic way we function and the government likely to preech caution.

If we were to reach the end of the season with December being the only month in which spectators are permitted, that is likely to look crazy in the context of the roller coaster ride of Covid.

Outdoor activity should be encouraged to support mental health.

21 hours ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

Unfortunately the way COVID is spreading across the East it has to be likely that we as a county are in tier 3 or 4 come the New Year. Sadly this will mean the end of spectators at Norwich home games quite possibly for the rest of the season. In fairness not many clubs have them left now anyway, nice while it lasted for those that could go, but a sign of the times. My last game was the home win against Leicester, it will seem strange that there is a good chance that my next one may be a home game in the PL again, strange times, stay safe everyone, a difficult few months awaits us all but the summer should be much much better

I think you are right. Tier 3 or 4 beckons much  sooner rather than later, and personally I think we are about to see a “circuit breaker” lockdown in the footballing pyramid. Several clubs, including those down the A140, Sunderland Peterborough, MK Dons and a few more are now applying pressure to the EFL, as they lose fixtures to Covid in an already condensed season, for a circuit breaker to be applied. Its very likely!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

I think you are right. Tier 3 or 4 beckons much  sooner rather than later, and personally I think we are about to see a “circuit breaker” lockdown in the footballing pyramid. Several clubs, including those down the A140, Sunderland Peterborough, MK Dons and a few more are now applying pressure to the EFL, as they lose fixtures to Covid in an already condensed season, for a circuit breaker to be applied. Its very likely!

Well, the “big” clubs have always wanted a winter break and now it looks like they might get their wish.

3 hours ago, City 2nd said:

I was absolutely gob smacked to learn that the EFL do not undertake regular Testing unlike the PL. That being the case no great surprise that players and staff are coming down with it. I feel that from a National Moral perspective football will continue but it has to be accompanied by testing. As far as spectators go when i made my initial post i thought the QPR game would be the last for our spectators, given the speed of events i suspect that the last game has already gone and that we will be in tier 4 on Boxing Day

Already had an email from the club to say I will be getting a refund for Barnsley tickets, well done.