Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Our small squad gets smaller!

Well done oh great Worthless one, our small squad just gets smaller and smaller!. Ashton, and now Brennan have gone,and who has the doughnut brought in to replace them...............yes, thats right, no one!.

He (Worthy) now says Ernshaw is too expensive, our bid for Jerome wasn''t high enough and the Dons striker has just signed a new contract there. The Colchester situation has gone very quiet as well.

Still never mind, Charlton are letting out Frisbie and Jaffa Cakes out on loan, so expect to see them here on Monday to complete their/our ''panic'' move to us!.

Why is it only me who can see this?, the club will bring in NO ONE, only panic loans or at best some third rate Ethu type transfer will happen now.

Can you see ''sick note'' Thorne getting us into the playoffs, or even beating ''THEM''?.

The board have written off the season, we must vote with our feet now and do the same!.

Totally agree Mr wizard, i just cant believe that this club will let us down again by not getting someone of note in, surely they will come up with the goods, won''t they?

I would like to say Wizard that I completely agree with the thrust of your point.

This is the first tentative forward step on the road to Credibility for you Pilgrim.

Everybodys too expensive Wiz , this Board have zero ambition when it comes to football , only one thing Delia and co are worried about and thats money . Get ready for a couple of cheap journeymen on Tuesday , and a beating from Ipswich on Sunday .... how  our Premiership season has been wasted is truly scandalous.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

I would like to say Wizard that I completely agree with the thrust of your point.

This is the first tentative forward step on the road to Credibility for you Pilgrim.

[/quote]

Rudolph, your wonderful avatars make me smile, keep up the good work   lol

I think you are right - the Board have written off the season, as have most of us! But there is an alternative explanation - brinkmanship. Some of the clubs, e.g. Cardiff, are heavily in debt, so if Worthy then talks with his cash pile about Earnshaw this may focus other minds. At the moment they are holding out because they know we have cash.So it could be a very subtle piece of negotiation.But since there has been mention of loans by messrs. Doncaster and Worthington, it might not be too great a disaster. We are several players short of a good team. There will be more available during the summer, and we can actually talk with some of them beforehand. So long as we can survive relegation, it is probably better not to cave in to excessive prices now, but rather start re-building seriously in the summer.It would be an advantage to begin rebuilding under new management, or is this wishful thinking?

[quote user="Salopian"]I think you are right - the Board have written off the season, as have most of us! But there is an alternative explanation - brinkmanship. Some of the clubs, e.g. Cardiff, are heavily in debt, so if Worthy then talks with his cash pile about Earnshaw this may focus other minds. At the moment they are holding out because they know we have cash.

So it could be a very subtle piece of negotiation.

But since there has been mention of loans by messrs. Doncaster and Worthington, it might not be too great a disaster. We are several players short of a good team. There will be more available during the summer, and we can actually talk with some of them beforehand. So long as we can survive relegation, it is probably better not to cave in to excessive prices now, but rather start re-building seriously in the summer.

It would be an advantage to begin rebuilding under new management, or is this wishful thinking?
[/quote]

Trust me Salopian, if no players are brought in now, the money will have dissapeared by the summer, remember the Morrison money?.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Salopian"]I think you are right - the Board have written off the season, as have most of us! But there is an alternative explanation - brinkmanship. Some of the clubs, e.g. Cardiff, are heavily in debt, so if Worthy then talks with his cash pile about Earnshaw this may focus other minds. At the moment they are holding out because they know we have cash.So it could be a very subtle piece of negotiation.But since there has been mention of loans by messrs. Doncaster and Worthington, it might not be too great a disaster. We are several players short of a good team. There will be more available during the summer, and we can actually talk with some of them beforehand. So long as we can survive relegation, it is probably better not to cave in to excessive prices now, but rather start re-building seriously in the summer.It would be an advantage to begin rebuilding under new management, or is this wishful thinking?[/quote]

Trust me Salopian, if no players are brought in now, the money will have dissapeared by the summer, remember the Morrison money?.

[/quote]I''m not sure how many times this has to be run through people''s selective hearing.Morrison Money Explained- was less than the 2 million Birmingham touted- loans are expensive- agents are very expensive- Etuhu

Wiz writes -

" the club will bring in NO ONE, only panic loans or at best some third rate Ethu type transfer will happen now."

" if no players are brought in now "

So we have no one coming in.

or perhaps we might have players coming in

To further confuse matters barely a couple of posts lower the certainty of having no players coming in ( or was it some players will come in ?) is replaced with a dire warning of what will happen if no players are brought.

Why the ''if'' , when wizard is certain that " the club will bring in NO ONE. "

So that''s clear then. The club will bring in no one, someone or a loanee.

I do think people are being a little bit previous -  I for one am willing to wait until the Window closes before being critical, if it is necessary.   With Brennan we have binned a poor performer, and presumably intend to replace him with either a Youth player - something people have been crying out for - or with someone we are about to sign; to me either option is acceptable.

On the possible signings front, surely the time to criticise is not now - just based on media speculation which is normally proven to be a pile of pants - but if and when we don''t sign anyone.  None of us know exactly what''s going on with the transfer situation, so why comment as if we do?  This is plain daft, and yet another example of some people seeing bad in everything the club currently does.

[quote user="MadDan"]Wiz writes - " the club will bring in NO ONE, only panic loans or at best some third rate Ethu type transfer will happen now." " if no players are brought in now " So we have no one coming in. or perhaps we might have players coming in To further confuse matters barely a couple of posts lower the certainty of having no players coming in ( or was it some players will come in ?) is replaced with a dire warning of what will happen if no players are brought. Why the ''if'' , when wizard is certain that " the club will bring in NO ONE. " So that''s clear then. The club will bring in no one, someone or a loanee.[/quote]

"No one of any quality" Mad Man, as you well know, means whats it says.

Accept the fact that the board plays us for fools, only in your case its more obvious!.

If I was a gambling man I would put my money on us taking someone on loan; but they are the same players looking for a move so loans wont be agreed until Monday.

We may want players but the public perception is we have £7m burning a hole in our wallet so clubs are holding us to unrealistic prices.  In that case we either pay over the odds or walk away and find someone else.   With such little time a loan deals seems strongest now, but ay thing can happen and it only takes a couple of hours if things go well.

I cant see the rumours of 3/4 players happening - we have already signed two - and would hope at least 2 more will come in to cover right mid and striking options, but only if they are the right players at the right price.   Would I rather have a loan Andy Gray than Jerome at £3.75m?  Impossible to call but teh sort of price the club face come 4pm on Tuesday - perfect prep for a game!

" "No one of any quality" Mad Man, as you well know, means whats it says. "

When it''s said, then yes.

However perhaps you might care to point out where you actually said that in your post.

Or maybe I should follow the accepted practice of the anti club brigade and make up stuff so I can reply to that instead.

who''s spending big this window?  No one. not even chelsea. liverpool have just resigned fowler - wow!brennan says he''s going to a club with prem ambitions and made his mind up after 5 minutes talking to burley.who will come here after talking to worthy?  is he now a dead man walking in many players eyes?

"Branston, you have summed up my feelings exactly. Wait until wednesday morning and then the moaners can have their day!"

what you mean after we get a beating at reading to put the final nail in the play-off chances??? I notice Watford put 4 past crewe today.....

we were down to the bare bones, soon it''ll be the bare bone!its clear loads of players up and down the land would pull out their eye teeth to join NCFC, iwan did after labouring at wolves.  expect our ranks to be swelled soon.  come tuesday, i expect to see a triple signing and a beaming worthy down at a hastily arranged colney press conference. make no mistake, worthy is looking to pull some big rabbits out the hat to generate some excitement, just as he did with hucks, crouch and harper.his job depends on it.  the situ-a-shun is dire at city at the mo. the atmosphere for watford match was as dull as a 60''s disco in the executive suite.  cometh the moment - cometh the man - bring it on nige!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

I do think people are being a little bit previous -  I for one am willing to wait until the Window closes before being critical, if it is necessary.   With Brennan we have binned a poor performer, and presumably intend to replace him with either a Youth player - something people have been crying out for - or with someone we are about to sign; to me either option is acceptable.

On the possible signings front, surely the time to criticise is not now - just based on media speculation which is normally proven to be a pile of pants - but if and when we don''t sign anyone.  None of us know exactly what''s going on with the transfer situation, so why comment as if we do?  This is plain daft, and yet another example of some people seeing bad in everything the club currently does.

[/quote]

Yes agreed we should wait to be critical - the board have surprised us before - Hucks, Crouch, Harper, Svensson, McKenzie and Ashton signings for example, but I am beginning to worry. Worthy''s on borrowed time now for me and he''s going to have to pull something pretty special out of the hat for that to chance! I''m very willing to be proved wrong though! Come on Worthy and the board - we''re long overdue something to get excited about!

I think that we all need to realise that the transfer/loan dealings aren''t going to be done in plain sight.   Such is the murky practice of football these days.   Like Branston, I''m not throwing my toys out of the cot yet - I''ll wait until Wednesday too.   That said, we have shot ourselves in the foot somewhat by selling Ashton for such a high fee - everyone now sees us as a potential cash cow so the talk of brinkmanship is probably spot on.

Let''s wait and see what happens - if it isn''t encouraging then is the time to let your feelings be known...

" That said, we have shot ourselves in the foot somewhat by selling Ashton for such a high fee "

That has to rank up there withone of the all time daft remarks. If it were the case then it would apply to the club we by the next player off and so on all the way done the line.

Are you suggesting perhaps that the club would have been better to have negotiated a lower fee so as to be in a ''stronger'' position when buying new players.

I do wonder sometimes how close to the suffolk border some of our fans live.