cambridgeshire canary

What would you say is the best goal you have seen scored at Carrow Road?

2 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

We shouldn't forget Vrancic's free kicks, we've been spoilt by his consistency  and the number of times he does it right at the end of games!  And there's also his strike from open play that secured promotion 2 seasons back !  I love that video of it in slo-mo !

How could anyone forget?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr Tea said:

Simply has to be Tim's last minute header against Ipsw****  a couple of seasons ago for the effect on the away ' fans ' that day .

"ooooooooohhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo "

Mr Holts header against Liverpool away in the way he just knew that was his ball regardless of who was around him .

A couple of years ago? Feels like a lot longer!!

Louis Ramsay for the U18s in the 5-4 win over Middlesbrough a few years back.

Amazing game too, comeback from 4-1 down. Some of our best young talent in that team.

On 21/12/2020 at 02:14, Matt Juler said:

Howson's volley in the game of screamers against Forest a few years back was decent. 

Yes, can't make up my mind between this volley and Tettey's, Tettey's probably because he is still here and a much loved player, here they are side by side, both crackers -

The thing that sticks with me about the Klose goal is this. 

I usually go absolutely mental when we score, an ecstatic release, a scream of defiant joy if you will!

When Klose scored, I'd already accepted that our run against 'them' was finally over. And so, whilst in the immediate moment, I celebrated as usual, within moments I found that I was actually laughing my head off which was so unusual. 

It was just how they'd got so close and we'd snatched it from them. It was hilarious. 

The videos that have emerged from the ITFC end since always bring a smile to my face!

The goal that sent me the most crazy in celebration was Dean Ashton's amazing header from a Thomas Helvig long cross in injury time to beat Newcastle 2-1

• Like 1

The goal that stands out for me is Chris Sutton’s in the 2-2 draw with Liverpool in 1994, there have been better strikes but in the context of the game, the opposition, the atmosphere and the fact that I was sitting in the perfect place in the South Stand to see it hit the top corner it’s the most memorable goal I’ve seen at CR.

7 hours ago, Beefy is a legend said:

The thing that sticks with me about the Klose goal is this. 

I usually go absolutely mental when we score, an ecstatic release, a scream of defiant joy if you will!

When Klose scored, I'd already accepted that our run against 'them' was finally over. And so, whilst in the immediate moment, I celebrated as usual, within moments I found that I was actually laughing my head off which was so unusual. 

It was just how they'd got so close and we'd snatched it from them. It was hilarious. 

The videos that have emerged from the ITFC end since always bring a smile to my face!

Funny enough I think that was the match that caused Mcarthy to say '**** it im off'

So in my mind Klose ended his career which is even more amusing

Ricky van Wolfswinkel: Norwich City boss says goals will come - BBC Sport

The Woolf to even it up at 2-2.....I was behind the goal at the match against Everton. Thought we'd found a decent forward.🙄

2 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

The goal that stands out for me is Chris Sutton’s in the 2-2 draw with Liverpool in 1994, there have been better strikes but in the context of the game, the opposition, the atmosphere and the fact that I was sitting in the perfect place in the South Stand to see it hit the top corner it’s the most memorable goal I’ve seen at CR.

https://dai.ly/x6jl5pj

Edited by Gordon Bennett

On 22/12/2020 at 18:40, lake district canary said:

Yes, can't make up my mind between this volley and Tettey's, Tettey's probably because he is still here and a much loved player, here they are side by side, both crackers -

As good as they both are I think Howson’s is the more difficult technique to get right, much more controlled than Tettey’s, therefore shades it for me!

On 20/12/2020 at 23:52, Mullet said:

Dean Ashton's goal against Man City. We played like Real Madrid in the first half, Real Tw^ts in the Second http://www.premierleague.com/video/single/891781

I second that. What a ball over the top and to finish like that, well, enjoy it while it's good, cause you never know what's around the corner. Ashton was good enough for the top ranks. 

Just thinking about it. I might have one more from the same season. 

Adam Drury, equaliser in the 4-4 game Middlesbrough. 

I just remember practically the entire south stand walking out at 1-4 and the whole Barclay including the upper so pissed off with those fans, just annoyed everyone so much, a real rally cry came out, and the rest is a small part of history. There could only be 15k of us who said I saw that turn around. 

Sport is just such a joyous and irreplaceable environment for shivers, ecstasy, tears, frustrations and moments that you can remember the smells, sounds and visuals.

Without it is not even worth thinking about.

I have to say the last time I felt the real magic was the spurs away cup game last season and the man city home game had an energy.

The energy at the man city home game and release of adoration for the players who were on the pitch was truly emotional. Man City did not know what they were walking out to, our players had everyone of us on the pitch with them. Forget 12th man, it was like every NCFC fan with them, knowing the injury crisis had left us with true bare bones.

It was that game which emotionally showee me why I am a sports fan, a Norwich fan and how it can give you the highest of highs

• Like 1

On 21/12/2020 at 09:19, cambridgeshire canary said:

No better sound in the world than a ball cracking the top of the post as it thunders off and into into the net

The move went on for ages before Goss scored. That was my favourite too. 

Howson's volley has to be it for me. Technically on another level.

Probably Tettey's for me. Howson's is probably the better goal technically but the fact Tettey's was in (what we thought at the time at least) a massive game for our Premier League survival, and watching the ball fall out of the sky like that and then being hit so perfectly was so satisfying to watch. My personal favourite goal though is Vrancic's free-kick. Just an amazing moment. 

One goal that was scored at Carrow Road which I don't think I'll ever forget was when Luis Suarez hit one from the half-way line. I'd never seen a goal like that in the flesh before and may not do again for a long time. The sheer amount of time the ball was in the air and the gradual realisation that it was going in made it so unlike any other goal I'd seen. That's probably the best opposition goal I've witnessed at CR. Gareth Bale scored a couple of great solo goals against us though and Forestieri's a couple of seasons ago wasn't bad either.

23 hours ago, Pukki Blinders said:

I'd never seen a goal like that in the flesh before and may not do again for a long time.

Sean Gregan did it for Preston at Carrow Road in 2001 - not sure if it was a bigger surprise for him or Andy Marshall, but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I was in Princes Park to see Dartford’s goalkeeper, Deren Ibrahim, score from ten yards inside his own half against Hungerford which I think is fair to say was totally unexpected!

• Like 1

I remember a goal by Matty Svensson that he curled in beautifully from outside the box but for the life of me I can’t remember the game. 

On 21/12/2020 at 09:29, canarydan23 said:

Steen Nedergaard hit a wonder strike against Coventry in the early 00s. Still, Tettey's and Safri's top it for me, it's probably one of those two.

As for favourite goal, as in most celebrated and enjoyed in that instant, it has to be either Jackson completing his hatrick against Derby after Savage riled up the fans with his ridiculous time-wasting, or Pukki's winner in that roller-coaster against Millwall.

This is my favourite because in the morning of that game, my primary school played small games on the pitch and I was so happy 🤣

Has to be Justin's v Liverpool, I was directly behind him in the southstand when he hit it, ran round into the Barclay , directly behind the goal in time to see it bulge the net . That , my friends is a real footy true story.

On 24/12/2020 at 23:48, Jersey Canary said:

The move went on for ages before Goss scored. That was my favourite too. 

Yes - quite right Jersey Canary - it always really annoys me that you only ever see the last part of that goal - it was a great move in the build up - which if my memory serves me correctly actually started somewhere near the corner flag at the end we were defending. 

On 26/12/2020 at 02:09, Monty13 said:

I remember a goal by Matty Svensson that he curled in beautifully from outside the box but for the life of me I can’t remember the game. 

2:44:00 - this one?

Not the best goal I have seen but certainly one I always think of when asked this question.A belting header from Kenny Foggo.