cambridgeshire canary

What would you say is the best goal you have seen scored at Carrow Road?

Safri's vs Newcastle, I can watch it over and over and over. Just seeing the ball travel through the air for so long, it actually looks like it will go on forever, and then the clunk when it goes in off the bar!

Hoolahan scored some incredible goals vs Leicester in 2010 and Forest in 2017 too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

The Fleck goal was also one of my favourite goals Purple - but my recollection of the goal appears to be different from yours ?

I think it was 1988 and we beat United 2-0 both goals from Fleck however I recall that there were only 4 Norwich players (Fleck, Townsend, Rosario & Crook) involved - between them they skillfully knit passed their way through the entire Man United team and the one-two with Townsend eventually putting Fleck through ! I have this goal as my best team goal.

Can anyone confirm this ? Wish there was a tape somewhere.

Is it the goal around the 50 minute mark?

Simply has to be Tim's last minute header against Ipsw****  a couple of seasons ago for the effect on the away ' fans ' that day .

"ooooooooohhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo "

Mr Holts header against Liverpool away in the way he just knew that was his ball regardless of who was around him .

25 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Don't remember that one, but isn't it a thing of beauty?! Reminiscent of the way we play under Farke, lovely little one-touch passes along the ground.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Steen Nedergaard hit a wonder strike against Coventry in the early 00s. Still, Tettey's and Safri's top it for me, it's probably one of those two.

As for favourite goal, as in most celebrated and enjoyed in that instant, it has to be either Jackson completing his hatrick against Derby after Savage riled up the fans with his ridiculous time-wasting, or Pukki's winner in that roller-coaster against Millwall.

Ah yes.  Not technically the best LOL but Simmo Jackson's goal against Derby in injury time still makes me feel good, I must find a link to it on youtube.  I'm not sure he knew much about it till it was in the back of the net !!

9 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Ah yes.  Not technically the best LOL but Simmo Jackson's goal against Derby in injury time still makes me feel good, I must find a link to it on youtube.  I'm not sure he knew much about it till it was in the back of the net !!

I watch it regularly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Six Pack said:

The Fleck goal was also one of my favourite goals Purple - but my recollection of the goal appears to be different from yours ?

I think it was 1988 and we beat United 2-0 both goals from Fleck however I recall that there were only 4 Norwich players (Fleck, Townsend, Rosario & Crook) involved - between them they skillfully knit passed their way through the entire Man United team and the one-two with Townsend eventually putting Fleck through ! I have this goal as my best team goal.

Can anyone confirm this ? Wish there was a tape somewhere.

My memory is that it started in the left-back position (Bowen) and there was a cute back-heel at one point before the ball moved towards what used to be the inside-right position and then there was the one-two. I may be wrong that only one outfield player (Culverhouse at right-back) didn't touch the ball but several did. I am pretty sure Dale Gordon was involved as well.

It was 1989-90 (I had to look that up!) and we did the double over them with two 2-0 wins. Around that time we had a brilliant record against Man Utd.

1 hour ago, alex_ncfc said:

Cheers Alex - that's tremendous !

Quite a few of the posters like the goals I see as my favourites - they are:

Best team goal - this one !

Best howitzer - David Phillips against Chelsea 92/93 Won 2-1 - I'm not sure if Dave Bassant (Chelsea keeper) dived out of the way - it was hit so hard at him !

Best Individual goal - Hucks against Birmingham Won 1-0 - can't remember the year but he beat about 7 or 8 players then fired it in !

Best FreeKick - David Phillips against Arsenal at Highbury Lost 3-4. think it was the late 80s. Hit it over the wall and straight through Lukic (Arsenal keeper).

2 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

Cheers Alex - that's tremendous !

Quite a few of the posters like the goals I see as my favourites - they are:

Best team goal - this one !

Best howitzer - David Phillips against Chelsea 92/93 Won 2-1 - I'm not sure if Dave Bassant (Chelsea keeper) dived out of the way - it was hit so hard at him !

Best Individual goal - Hucks against Birmingham Won 1-0 - can't remember the year but he beat about 7 or 8 players then fired it in !

Best FreeKick - David Phillips against Arsenal at Highbury Lost 3-4. think it was the late 80s. Hit it over the wall and straight through Lukic (Arsenal keeper).

That David Phillips free kick at Arsenal is on the same video, at 29 mins

5 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

My memory is that it started in the left-back position (Bowen) and there was a cute back-heel at one point before the ball moved towards what used to be the inside-right position and then there was the one-two. I may be wrong that only one outfield player (Culverhouse at right-back) didn't touch the ball but several did. I am pretty sure Dale Gordon was involved as well.

It was 1989-90 (I had to look that up!) and we did the double over them with two 2-0 wins. Around that time we had a brilliant record against Man Utd.

Yes I forgot a lot about how the move began - there were more players involved. Alex has managed to dig up a video. Have a look and enjoy !

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Don't remember that one, but isn't it a thing of beauty?! Reminiscent of the way we play under Farke, lovely little one-touch passes along the ground.

That's the one! It doesn't quite show it from the very start of the move. I am pretty sure Bowen was involved. A thing of beauty indeed, and on a rubbish pitch! One aspect where the game has certainly changed for the better.

1 hour ago, Beefy is a legend said:

The goal I think I enjoyed the most was Klose v Ipswich...

I'll second that.

I remember Kevin Bond scoring a screamer but can't remember when, or the opposition.

2 hours ago, Mr Tea said:

Simply has to be Tim's last minute header against Ipsw****  a couple of seasons ago for the effect on the away ' fans ' that day .

"ooooooooohhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo "

Mr Holts header against Liverpool away in the way he just knew that was his ball regardless of who was around him .

He may no longer be playing for us but Klose is forever Norwich

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We shouldn't forget Vrancic's free kicks, we've been spoilt by his consistency  and the number of times he does it right at the end of games!  And there's also his strike from open play that secured promotion 2 seasons back !  I love that video of it in slo-mo !

1 hour ago, lappinitup said:

I'll second that.

I remember Kevin Bond scoring a screamer but can't remember when, or the opposition.

Leeds late 70s?

• Like 1

Howsons volley for me - superb technique. Fashanu's goal was amazing though, and still one of the best games of football I have ever seen - even though we lost!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Spillay said:

Safri against Newcastle, I was there, just an incredible thunderbolt of a strike!

I was in the Barclay, right behind it.  From just inside the halfway line it bent slightly outwards at first and looked as if it would miss, then it started to curve back towards the goal.  Time stood still, an invisible force dragged me from my seat and I was three feet in the air, mouth wide open yelling my head off at the moment of impact.  Unforgettable.  

Dean Ashton's goal v Man City on the infamous "Let's Be 'Avin You" night a close second.

Edited by benchwarmer

1 hour ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Was it this one Lapps?

I don’t think that’s the one, I think he scored a better one in a home game against Leeds, a 30 yarder.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, seanthecanary said:

For me, Robert Rosario vs Southampton.  You may see people hit a ball as well as that but you won't see anyone do it better.

That’s the one that came to my mind. It was so far out and he caught it beautifully on his left foot and sent it straight into the top corner. An absolute screamer! 

I know this is completely off topic, but Grant Holts header against Liverpool is one I could watch all day .

Ted MacDougall vs West Ham 6th December 1975. Not because of the goal (decent header, great cross by Martin Peters, winning one nil) but the fabulous celebration where super Mac hangs off the River End net, then runs towards the West Ham directors flicking the V's because they had sold him . 

49 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I don’t think that’s the one, I think he scored a better one in a home game against Leeds, a 30 yarder.

Ah ha! My first instinct (before i googled it) was a home game against Leeds, but the vid I posted up was the first one that came up. Shoulda kept looking 🙂