cambridgeshire canary

What would you say is the best goal you have seen scored at Carrow Road?

Be it for us or aganst us. Think I will biased in my love of Alex and postย a more obvious one before anyone else can post it ๐Ÿ˜‰

ย 

ย 

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

Llewellynโ€™s against Sheffield United in second place and in first placeย Fleckโ€™s first against Manchesterย United.ย Which involved all but one of the outfield players and culminated in a one-two with Townsend. Anyone can hit a shot. Multi-player moves are harder.

Yep, the Safri one was terrific and I seem to remember a game we had to win in an ultimately failed attempt to stay up. I was there also for the Fashanu goal v Liverpool, amazing game. Have to include Marc Libbra and aso Darren Huckerby got one where he picked the ball wide left and seemed to run through an entire defence- v Cardiff maybe? Was the Jonny Howson dipping volley v Forest at Carrow Road? I'm picking though a Greg Downs screamer, I think in a cup game many years ago. Greg didn't get many but that was a 25 yard thunderbolt.

6 hours ago, Matt Juler said:

Howson's volley in the game of screamers against Forest a few years back was decent.ย 

That is the one for me- technique was just incredible. Wes scored from 40 yards that game and it barely gets a mention because of how good Howson's goal was.

• Like 2

Oh so many, late goals, wonder goals, goals clinching promotion, goals that bring tears of joy and a new energy around the ground.

As a young boy 1992-93 season home game against chelsea Dave Phillip's long range effort and then mark robins deft volley lob over beasant from about 18 yards out. That showed a level of class about a number of players there and then even polstons goal against villa at home.

Huckervys goal against Cardiff and a few others similar will stay with me

Many above will also stick.

So incredibly difficult. One thing which is a very strange thing to remember from a football game is the best pre game training I saw in front of a full Barclays.

The whole nottingham forest team were leaving the field, leaving pierre van hoojdonk and a couple of balls.

He set up about 25 yards out and pinged everyone top corner.

Real sign that he was ready and that he was in confident form.

One thing I will also add I will also appreciate a worldly from the opposition and I do recall playing wimbledon in a cup game and a fantastic long strike against us. I think it is always an amazing reaction around a football ground when all 4 stands applaud a goal

Steen Nedergaard hit a wonder strike against Coventry in the early 00s. Still, Tettey's and Safri's top it for me, it's probably one of those two.

As for favourite goal, as in most celebrated and enjoyed in that instant, it has to be either Jackson completing his hatrick against Derby after Savage riled up the fans with his ridiculous time-wasting, or Pukki's winner in that roller-coaster against Millwall.

Lucky enough to have been at bothย games to witness theseย first hand;

At Carrow Road it was Fash's in my mind, for decades, then along came Johnny Howson. The technique involved for that was off the scale. People used to laud Paul Scholes goal at Villa Park, but he had a standing foot. Howson's was on another level

ย 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

I do not know about the best there have been so many but the most memorable even after all these years was Jeremy Goss leveler against Bayern Munich

The away goal was amazing.ย 

• Like 1

Possibly my favourite is Marc Libra's v Man City.

My memory is probably playing tricks with me but I can recall it was his debut, just come on. First touch (lifted it over his shoulder), 2nd smashing it into the net.

Made even more special by fact my brother is a Man City fan and had been made to sit next to me in the Barclay!!!!

Justin Fashanu against Liverpool. It wasn't just the fantastic volley - there was also a good team passing move in the build up (take note Purple Canary ๐Ÿ˜‰ย ), but also the gorgeous flick up on the turn. He got the ball with his back to goal so for that reason I rate it more highly than Tettey's wonder strike against Sunderland.ย 

6 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Justin Fashanu against Liverpool. It wasn't just the fantastic volley - there was also a good team passing move in the build up (take note Purple Canary ๐Ÿ˜‰ย ), but also the gorgeous flick up on the turn. He got the ball with his back to goal so for that reason I rate it more highly than Tettey's wonder strike against Sunderland.ย 

Agree with all this, a flowing move from one side of the pitch to the other, John Ryan playing the ball into Fashanu who flicked up with one foot and volleyed with his weaker(?) foot, beating Clemence (he had no chance) who was probably in the top 3 keepers in the world at the time. Awesome goal

9 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Llewellynโ€™s against Sheffield United in second place and in first placeย Fleckโ€™s first against Manchesterย United.ย Which involved all but one of the outfield players and culminated in a one-two with Townsend. Anyone can hit a shot. Multi-player moves are harder.

The Fleck goal was also one of my favourite goals Purple - but my recollection of the goal appears to be different from yours ?

I think it was 1988 and we beat United 2-0 both goals from Fleck however I recall that there were only 4 Norwich players (Fleck, Townsend, Rosario & Crook) involved - between them they skillfully knit passed their way through the entire Man United team and the one-two with Townsend eventually putting Fleck through ! I have this goal as my best team goal.

Can anyone confirm this ? Wish there was a tape somewhere.