Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

In festive spirit may we all join together to laugh at Leeds?

It’s Leeds - probably the best Championship team ever to be promoted to the Premier League. So with that new rule established, you can’t look at 4 goals conceded in the first half, you have to report on the one goal they scored and how wonderful Patrick Bamford has been and how bravely they play. Unlike naive Norwich.

12 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

As much as I don't like them, you have to admit that it's a lot more interesting to watch Leeds than it is to watch West Brom, Burnley, Newcastle, Brighton...

I've seen walls drying that were more entertaining than Burnley. Enjoy watching Brighton though. 

6-1 now and could get worse. How sad 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Haha 1

Bielsa is obviously not the world's best defensive manager. Leeds need to sort that out. Cooper is very decent but as a team they are very open. They do make a good watch I agree. Far better than Sheff Utd and Burnley.

17 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

As much as I don't like them, you have to admit that it's a lot more interesting to watch Leeds than it is to watch West Brom, Burnley, Newcastle, Brighton...

Oh I'm definitely getting entertainment value from watching them today! 😉

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Bielsa is obviously not the world's best defensive manager. Leeds need to sort that out. Cooper is very decent but as a team they are very open. They do make a good watch I agree. Far better than Sheff Utd and Burnley.

Nope, given if they concede another goal it will put them on the same number of goals we conceded in our first 14 games, yet we were naive and poor at defending.....what’s Leeds excuse?

I thought Bielsa was supposed to be the best manager in the world. This season is ruining his CV.

Leeds will stay up only because of the crap currently below them 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Nope, given if they concede another goal it will put them on the same number of goals we conceded in our first 14 games, yet we were naive and poor at defending.....what’s Leeds excuse?

Don't get all the hype over Bielsa. Hardly the messiah! Never won anything,and any half decent manager would get this Leeds squad doing just what they are doing,win one ,lose four.And people say Farke did'nt have a plan B!!Bielsa defo does'nt!!!

3 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Don't get all the hype over Bielsa. Hardly the messiah! Never won anything,and any half decent manager would get this Leeds squad doing just what they are doing,win one ,lose four.And people say Farke did'nt have a plan B!!Bielsa defo does'nt!!!

Guy can't even speak a word of English! 

And he sits on buckets which for some reason the media seems to think is some kinda beautiful poetic genius move..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

I dislike Leeds as much as everyone else here, but in their defence:

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

They've scored eight more.

3 minutes ago, Mullet said:

I thought Bielsa was supposed to be the best manager in the world. This season is ruining his CV.

Is Bielsa's CV being ruined? The Leeds side of this season is very much in keeping with his reputation. Whilst obviously they're conceding a lot, they're very entertaining and score a lot, too. 

Also, man for man, they're not exactly brilliant. Bamford, Dallas, Ayling, Meslier, Klich and Alioski are not exactly world beaters but they're undisputed regulars in this team and are all performing at a much higher standard than they have previously in their careers. Bielsa is getting the best out of a lot of players who are barely Premier League standard. Most managers would seriously struggle with this group.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I dislike Leeds as much as everyone else here, but in their defence:

They've scored eight more.

Is Bielsa's CV being ruined? The Leeds side of this season is very much in keeping with his reputation. Whilst obviously they're conceding a lot, they're very entertaining and score a lot, too. 

Also, man for man, they're not exactly brilliant. Bamford, Dallas, Ayling, Meslier, Klich and Alioski are not exactly world beaters but they're undisputed regulars in this team and are all performing at a much higher standard than they have previously in their careers. Bielsa is getting the best out of a lot of players who are barely Premier League standard. Most managers would seriously struggle with this group.

So you think Leeds have a worse squad than Norwich had last year? I’m sorry but any team who spend over £90 million this season with their team should stay up! If they don’t then it’s definitely a stain on his reputation, to be honest it took him long enough to get them up considering the quality of players they bought and loaned in his three seasons he’s been there.

Bamford lost track of the score! Just said instead of 7-2 it could’ve been 6-6.

Well, he’s right, it could’ve been better for Leeds, if only they had a decent striker

4 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Bamford lost track of the score! Just said instead of 7-2 it could’ve been 6-6.

Well, he’s right, it could’ve been better for Leeds, if only they had a decent striker

Yes but from what I saw it could have been 12 - 6, Man U weren’t at their best either.

35 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And he sits on buckets which for some reason the media seems to think is some kinda beautiful poetic genius move..

Perhaps he has stomach trouble 😉😉😉😉😉, oh SITS, sorry

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Mullet said:

A world class manager would have the ability to play a different style of play when Plan A isn't working. 

All out attack will keep them up but you can't be that naive against the better side and expect to win. 

26 minutes ago, Indy said:

So you think Leeds have a worse squad than Norwich had last year? I’m sorry but any team who spend over £90 million this season with their team should stay up! If they don’t then it’s definitely a stain on his reputation, to be honest it took him long enough to get them up considering the quality of players they bought and loaned in his three seasons he’s been there.

I don't think Leeds' squad is any better, man for man, than any other side in the division aside from Sheffield United, regardless of how much money they've spent. I'm not sure how much Leeds have spent in total to assemble their squad, but is there a club in the Premier League that have spent considerably less? Possibly Burnley?

Bielsa is doing a better job than most would with that squad. They're seven points above relegation with a PPG of 1.21, which isn't to be sniffed at.

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I don't think Leeds' squad is any better, man for man, than any other side in the division aside from Sheffield United, regardless of how much money they've spent. I'm not sure how much Leeds have spent in total to assemble their squad, but is there a club in the Premier League that have spent considerably less? Possibly Burnley?

Bielsa is doing a better job than most would with that squad. They're seven points above relegation with a PPG of 1.21, which isn't to be sniffed at.

So that must make Wilder a genius then! 

I don’t agree that team assembled has a starting 11 with lots of top players, squad might be lacking in depth but they are certainly better than Fulham or WBA or Sheffield to name three, I’d then argue Brighton and Palace too but it’s all about opinions. 
Unlike others I don’t rate Bielsa as high, I think he blew promotion two season running and was lucky to be there, but again it’s about opinions.

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

So that must make Wilder a genius then! 

I don’t agree that team assembled has a starting 11 with lots of top players, squad might be lacking in depth but they are certainly better than Fulham or WBA or Sheffield to name three, I’d then argue Brighton and Palace too but it’s all about opinions. 
Unlike others I don’t rate Bielsa as high, I think he blew promotion two season running and was lucky to be there, but again it’s about opinions.

Personally, I'd say that Fulham's side is, on paper, better than Leeds'. West Brom and Sheffield United, probably not.

Bielsa only took over in 2018 so he only failed to get promotion once, not two seasons running, and even then, he finished higher than any other Leeds manager in the preceding 15 years. For me, he's a top manager.

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Personally, I'd say that Fulham's side is, on paper, better than Leeds'. West Brom and Sheffield United, probably not.

Bielsa only took over in 2018 so he only failed to get promotion once, not two seasons running, and even then, he finished higher than any other Leeds manager in the preceding 15 years. For me, he's a top manager.

Yes sorry one season, thought it was two still don’t think he’s that good, but we all have opinions, I never rated Alex Neil a lot of people do! Ce La Vie.

You can add, Southampton, Derby, Coventry and Cardiff to that list  - never the same as the as the original. That netting at Ninian Park (borrowed from the Krypton Factor) was all that separated the home and away fans....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canary73 said:

You can add, Southampton, Derby, Coventry and Cardiff to that list  - never the same as the as the original. That netting at Ninian Park (borrowed from the Krypton Factor) was all that separated the home and away fans....

.................not forgetting a few millennia in evolution as well