Sign in to follow this  
sheded

Nobody wants him !

Charlton is yet another club  spurning the  advances of Greeno`s agent !     what comes across , loud and clear ,  is that we have  a  disgruntled  keeper  who has been  trying to  leave Norwich since our prem season ,   yet is  always  1st choice   keeper  !   why ?     does it make sense  ? 

Yep, he is not happy here and who could blame him?

He could now be stuck at Norwich in the Championship for many seasons now.

We are all fed up with the way the club is going and why should he be any different?

He knows that he won''t be going back to the Premiership with us and it really bugs him i bet you because he knows that he is out of the World Cup squad and probably out of the equation for the England team in the future barring a massive upturn in his form.

[quote user="The Duke of Norfolk"]

Yep, he is not happy here and who could blame him?

He could now be stuck at Norwich in the Championship for many seasons now.

We are all fed up with the way the club is going and why should he be any different?

He knows that he won''t be going back to the Premiership with us and it really bugs him i bet you because he knows that he is out of the World Cup squad and probably out of the equation for the England team in the future barring a massive upturn in his form.

[/quote]

Ok Duke , but surely  the answer  lies in his own hands [ literally ! ]      because he`s between a rock and a hard place here ,  he DID let in that record  number of goals  in our prem season , and  thats what sticks in the minds of  prospective  buyers !  irrespective  of a poor defence  etc ,   and he`s not exactly  shown  well this season  ....   He must have  dis -impressed Clemence,  in spades !

The main point of my post  is that we have a 1st choice keeper  , who`s mind is elsewhere ?    that being so  don`t you think its time for Nigel  to give him a fairly long rest    , just so he gets his head on straight   , we have keepers who will take  over  , and perform well 

[quote user="sheded"]

Charlton is yet another club  spurning the  advances of Greeno`s agent !     what comes across , loud and clear ,  is that we have  a  disgruntled  keeper  who has been  trying to  leave Norwich since our prem season ,   yet is  always  1st choice   keeper  !   why ?     does it make sense  ? 

[/quote]

I absolutely agree.  He clearly wants out and shouldnt be in the first team.  Last Saturday''s game was horrendous. He was half asleep and just not with it, not to mention very disinterested.

why not loan greeno out to a prem side until the end of the season.  he might get a chance to shine somewhere , fulfil his england ambitions and earn himself a move in the summer - especially if robinson and/or james get injured?freeing up his wages, which can''t be cheap would probably help us to get a decent loanee from the prem, right winger, striker or central defender.

[quote user="steve hale"]In time even a good goalkeeper will become a bad one behind a terrible defence
[/quote]

I can`t really buy that  as an excuse  any more  ,  the plain fact is  that Greeno   isn`t  as good as he thinks he is !    our defenders  crap bricks when   a ball  sails into the box  , because they know  that Greeno  has no command  of the area that should  be his ....   and I think that when he threw his shirt  away   , with Clemence present ,  he was acknowledging    that that was his last chance   gone for a  Burton !   speaking of which   , their keeper   puts Greeno to shame  !!! [<:o)]

[quote user="Canarychick"][quote user="sheded"]

[/quote]

I absolutely agree.  He clearly wants out and shouldnt be in the first team.  Last Saturday''s game was horrendous. He was half asleep and just not with it, not to mention very disinterested.

[/quote]

I agree! I was worried when I went to the MK Dons cup game at the start of the season. Green was chatting, bantering and grumbling to the crowd a little too much for my liking. It came across a bit like it was all a joke and he was above the level of the club! Maybe dropping him might give him a bit of a kick up the backside! Undoubtedly Green is a good keeper but the lack of interest clearly states he''s not an outstanding keeper!

Quite right steve, Bet our defence could even make Petr Cech look bad. The amount of shots that teams get against our goal knowone remembers the 6 you did save just the 3 you did''nt!

Start blaming Doherty and the rest of your heroes! How can you be MOM when you concede 3 goals? By half time?

Vastly improved my arse!

Ok so Greeno''s not been his outstanding best for a couple of seasons but I still wouldn''t swap him for anything in this league.

If you remember atthe end of December he was actually quoted as not wanting to leave.

If somebody wants him then they need to pay good money for him.That''s godd for us surely.

[quote user="spud nud"]

Ok so Greeno''s not been his outstanding best for a couple of seasons but I still wouldn''t swap him for anything in this league.

If you remember atthe end of December he was actually quoted as not wanting to leave.

If somebody wants him then they need to pay good money for him.That''s godd for us surely.

[/quote]

Hmmmm I remember a certain Mr. Asthon quoting he didnt want to leave either ...........