Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Borussia Dortmund

Borussia Dortmund have sacked their Manager and the assistant is taking charge until the end of the season.

Let us just hope that they will not come calling!

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Let's hope that we enjoy this final season under Mr Farke 

Farke loves the club, we (well, those with any sense) love Farke. He will want to have another go at the PL with us and show the best league in the world what he can do. Lessons will have been learnt and we’ll be a different proposition next season (if we go up).

He will, at least, see out his contract which expires 2022.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Derby Canary said:

Borussia Dortmund have sacked their Manager and the assistant is taking charge until the end of the season.

Let us just hope that they will not come calling!

Farke still has very strong (family) connections in Dortmund and it would be no surprise to see him go back from whence he came.

Interesting that Dortmund are waiting until their seasons end before appointing another manager.

I think this was covered in another thread a while back. Farke is unlikely to make the jump from us to Dortmund. If any German speaking manager based in England  is going surely Hasenhuttl would be prime candidate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, City 2nd said:

Farke still has very strong (family) connections in Dortmund and it would be no surprise to see him go back from whence he came.

Interesting that Dortmund are waiting until their seasons end before appointing another manager.

*from where or whence.
"from whence" means "from from where".

Carry on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I think Webber and Farke have it mapped out now... Get up to the Prem this year... stay in the Prem next year... walk away in Summer 2022 as job done.

I'm sure Farke would jump at the chance of joining Dortmund, but Dortmund would surely want someone with more of a proven track record? As well as Farke has done here overall, his only season in the top flight was a disaster, in all honesty. 

5 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

I think Webber and Farke have it mapped out now... Get up to the Prem this year... stay in the Prem next year... walk away in Summer 2022 as job done.

Losing them both at the same time would be a nightmare. At least if they go a year apart there'd be something of a smoother transition, but to completely start again would be very tough.

Plenty of time for Daniel to develop his career elsewhere if he wants to later on, but he seems so grounded and in to what he is doing at Norwich, it is hard to see him wanting to move anywhere else yet.  He is young still for a manager at 44, has a project which he seems totally immersed in and if things go well, he may be happy to stay for quite some time.  He doesn't seem motivated just by money, seems to value the ethics the club has, obviously likes the family/community nature of the club and as long as things are progressing, with the possibility of another crack at the PL, why would he want to leave at the end of this season? 

To us it might seem with his links with Dortmund would make him want to go there, but if he was so set on Dortmund, he wouldn't have left in the first place and worked his way up to the top job whilst there. The one thing that is clear is that he is his own man and I get the impression that as long as he feels wanted and thinks he can progress us, he will stay, for how long, no-one knows, but it could be much longer than people might think.

Farke is part of the package that includes Webber (his wife) and the coaching staff - who are part of a long tern plan for the club

The one the club stuck with when we found ourselves in the PL, and drawing 1-1 at poorman road

Despite the child like squeaks, among some of the not too bright who recently attached themselves to the club, that will not change - not do I think the commitment to that plan will waver among those making it work

Edited by Bill

19 hours ago, Bill said:

Farke is part of the package that includes Webber (his wife) and the coaching staff - who are part of a long tern plan for the club

The one the club stuck with when we found ourselves in the PL, and drawing 1-1 at poorman road

Despite the child like squeaks, among some of the not too bright who recently attached themselves to the club, that will not change - not do I think the commitment to that plan will waver among those making it work

Are we changing our name from Canaries?

6778.jpg

To me this  is a non story. farke has shown himself to be great at developing young players and has performed well more than once now at Championship level. He is hot property in the championship. It should not be forgotten that we have just come off our worst ever PL season albeit this was down to many reasons but it does not look good on his CV. For farke to move on to bigger and better things he needs at least one season keeping us up in the PL and then a mid table PL  or equivalent side may come sniffing for him. He is a million miles from being a target for a top European side he has had no exposure to top signings involving considerable amounts of money or dealing with the mega egos

21 hours ago, Bill said:

Wrong - Webber publicly said sometime ago he would not be signing a new contract with us when his current one expires in 2022.

5 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Wrong - Webber publicly said sometime ago he would not be signing a new contract with us when his current one expires in 2022.

That is true but the world is a different place now and he may reflect upon those comments. In addition, like Farke he has shown himself to be a good operator at this level but  no evidence yet that he can do it at a higher level, he may  or may not but top jobs are not given away like sweets. If we go up and stay up then his CV will be so much richer