Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The Binners have caught covid! 😷

Of course. They may be our most hated rivals, but bad health isn't something I wish on anyone.

Although if Boris Johnson were to commit ritual hara-kiri in PM's Questions, I wouldn't actually be unhappy....

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 6

All getting a bit too close for comfort. The number of matches getting called off in the lower two divisions is increasing. Sunderland requesting their next three are postponed. Was tough enough to get all the matches played in a truncated season as it is.

22 minutes ago, CanaryChris said:

Finally. Something positive about sh itfc

1 hour ago, Daz Sparks said:

Well at least they have caught something, because I doubt they'll catch 2nd place...

Posts like the above all a bit in bad taste. I wouldn't wish this virus on my worst enemy. The sooner it's gone,  the better. And in the meantime, I hope all affected - irrespective of footballing affiliations - recover quickly. 

• Like 1

I hope all involved make a speedy recovery and the club continues its slow demise.

9 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Posts like the above all a bit in bad taste. I wouldn't wish this virus on my worst enemy. The sooner it's gone,  the better. And in the meantime, I hope all affected - irrespective of footballing affiliations - recover quickly. 

My post was in no way wishing it on anyone, nor would I. 

I'm pretty sure many other posts about the binners have contained a similar amount of flippancy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, First Wazzock said:

Image may contain: 1 person, meme, text that says "CAN WE TAKE A MOMENT TO REMEMBER THE LESS FORTUNATE AMONG US THIS XMAS TIME ? BECAUSE SOMEWHERE IN SUFFOLK A POOR CHILD WILL BE OPENING AN IPSWICH TOWN FOOTBALL SHIRT. imgflip.com"

Reminds me of the Christmas my Cousin asked for an ITFC scarf for Christmas and we gave him my NCFC scarf all wrapped up first. His face was a picture - in fact similar to most of the facial expressions seen at Portaloo Road for the last 2 1/2 seasons.

• Haha 1

This isn't good.
I wish all clubs to be able to play on a level playing field...

The bigger picture is that this season could be ruined and screw up our excellent standing so far.

Last season, we didn't really care, we were down and most of us accepted that from early on. This season we would want any postponement or cancellations to our current performance.

3 minutes ago, K Lo said:

This isn't good.

The bigger picture is that this season could be ruined and screw up our excellent standing so far.

Last season, we didn't really care, we were down and most of us accepted that from early on. This season we would want any postponement or cancellations to our current performance.

'I wish all clubs to be on a level playing field'

I dunno the Binmen being one and soon two divisons lower than us is pretty amusing

10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'I wish all clubs to be on a level playing field'

I dunno the Binmen being one and soon two divisons lower than us is pretty amusing

Don't get me wrong, it is... very...

However they were rubbish before Covid got involved, so let them be rubbish without any viral influence.

13 hours ago, K Lo said:

I don't think Yeovil have ever played on a level playing field....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, splendidrush said:

I don't think Yeovil have ever played on a level playing field....

I love that they evened up the pitch at Huish Park during their rise to the Championship and that was after building a brand new stadium on some slightly more level ground. It's now only got a gradient of about 14%. Pathetic.

Edited by 1902