Sign in to follow this  
Petriix

Cantwell (played really well)

I know the young lad upsets a few on here with his newfangled dancing, long hair (with some kind of Alice band or something) and quasi profound social media posts... 

But, I though he was excellent today. His touch was sublime, his movement exquisite and his vision incredible. He made things happen and brought a real spark of inspiration to the midfield which we have been lacking without him. And, unlike Emi (who was also brilliant) Todd didn't look a hair's breadth from getting sent off.

What an incredible piece of management to go from the petulance of the transfer non-event to the real deal. Nice one!

• Like 1

Played not only with a lot of skill but also maturity today.

He really could be a very special player.

Fair play to him and Farke for working together for the benefit of the club.

I’d love him to stay with us and continue to develop and blossom

There shouldn’t be a Norwich City supporter across the world that doesn’t feel proud of bringing Todd Cantwell through our academy.

He’s not the finished article, but **** me, he’s talent personified.

Wake up!

• Like 7

Clearly improving massively, and superb today. Also, who cares what he posts in Insta?

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

Clearly improving massively, and superb today. Also, who cares what he posts in Insta?

Mostly crusty old gammon style boomers who seem to hate on someone for having fun in their private life outside of football and what kind of hairstyle they have

Pretty pathetic really

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

There shouldn’t be a Norwich City supporter across the world that doesn’t feel proud of bringing Todd Cantwell through our academy.

He’s not the finished article, but **** me, he’s talent personified

Agree with that. I think there is nothing wrong with young players having ups and downs in their growing into maturity as footballers - and that they will get criticism too, as well as praise -  and there is nothing wrong with that.  Credit to Todd and the management because he does look to have settled down to it and is making a real and effective input the pitch and long may it continue. Plenty of room to get even better too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Mostly crusty old gammon style boomers who seem to hate on someone for having fun in their private life outside of football and what kind of hairstyle they have

Pretty pathetic really

Oh dear, here we go again......look, it's about focus and if a player has too many distractions off the pitch there is a danger that gets in the way of their football, so if people have criticised him for things he does off the pitch then it is for that reason - we as fans want our players to be fantastic on the pitch and not get sidetracked to the point where it might affect their football. 

Todd is a talented lad, and as time has passed his decision making has got better and better. He didn't much wrong today and did whole lot right.

Fair play to him, Dereham lad come good, what's not to like?

The day would be complete if a certain individual came on here and ate some humble pie.

32 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Pretty pathetic really

Tbf you're the one posting the instagram links on here for clicks (as evidenced by above repost)!

He was excellent. 

5 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

The day would be complete if a certain individual came on here and ate some humble pie.

Only if there’s room after he’s had his scampi 🍤🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rock bus said:

Fair play to him and Farke for working together for the benefit of the club.

If there was a fallout, I'm willing to bet that this one didn't involve Farke. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Fantastic today. If he's fit and his attitude is right (which is certainly seems to be at the moment) then long-term he's the player we should be looking to build the team around, in a similar vein to what Villa have done with Grealish. As much as I love Emi, it's hard to imagine that he won't be playing in the Champions League within a couple of seasons, whereas I think Cantwell really is someone who could be the key man in this team for a long time.

Yeah fair play too him , he was awesome yesterday hopefully his injury woes are behind him , we looked good yesterday , so many match winners in this squad and he's certainly one of them.😁

15 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Mostly crusty old gammon style boomers

I have a strange feeling that I might be one of these - but if you could provide a bit of clarity on what group of folk this stereotyping is actually aimed at I'd be much obliged .  

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Hope so, Southgate may dither with giving him a full cap. Adam Idah is probably working on him as we speak, would be a star for RoI. Done Deal then , Todders is Irish!!! Hot Toddy!!!!

If he does qualify then that would be a wise decision with the players that are ahead of Cantwell.

If Maddison can't get a game then Cantwell isn't. 

33 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I have a strange feeling that I might be one of these - but if you could provide a bit of clarity on what group of folk this stereotyping is actually aimed at I'd be much obliged .  

'I can't believe the EU can tell us what bananas we can and can't have its a bloody outrage back in my day bananas were bananas and that's that, I don't need no 'booming French frogs telling me what fruit I cant eat! And don't get me started on them muslamics and Mosques- They should all be bulldozed and replaced with churches!'

DV0qEVdW0AAnukB.jpg

screen-shot-2018-05-14-at-12-01-30-1526295708.jpg

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

16 hours ago, horsefly said:

Couldn't split him and Emi for MOTM. Both were exceptional today.

Todd was class. Emi was different class.

21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'I can't believe the EU can tell us what bananas we can and can't have its a bloody outrage back in my day bananas were bananas and that's that, I don't need no 'booming French frogs telling me what fruit I cant eat! And don't get me started on them muslamics and Mosques- They should all be bulldozed and replaced with churches!'

DV0qEVdW0AAnukB.jpg

screen-shot-2018-05-14-at-12-01-30-1526295708.jpg

So all of these people are Digby Jones? That’s me in the clear then. 

But we were assured by the likes of @Uncle Fred, @TIL 1010 and many more that he had an awful attitude and shouldn't be near our team!

I also remember some great conversations on here about how we should get rid, he's overrated and never a prem player.

Shame they've no posted on this thread really.

23 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If he does qualify then that would be a wise decision with the players that are ahead of Cantwell.

If Maddison can't get a game then Cantwell isn't. 

My thoughts entirely.  Although  under  the current irish set up, they seem to be plumping for  guys who have come through  national youth system rather than the jack Charlton  ' grannyrule" route. If the guys declared for R o I though , it should turn their heads . Front four of Idah Cantwell, Madison Parrott/Connolly.  We can but dream.