Sign in to follow this  
littleyellowbirdie

iFollow season pass (AKA waste of money)

I'm just wondering if there are any other followers from afar who feel they have been completely ripped off by this so-called 'service'? Utterly fed up, that having shelled out for a season pass, for the third match in a row I'm reduced to radio commentary. Illegal streams are better than this and they don't cost money. 

I've watched every game on iFollow. 

Only one bit of buffering which was down to the boy downloading huge xbox updates at the same time. 

So the chances it's the service being poor are non existent. 

So stop whining like a baby and acknowledge its your bandwidth or hardware. 

9 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Only one bit of buffering which was down to the boy downloading huge xbox updates at the same time. 

Considering your previous posts on this, you either work for iFollow or you're just a dlck. Cant decide.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, South Sider said:

Considering your previous posts on this, you either work for iFollow or you're just a dlck. Cant decide.

Possibly both?  They aren’t mutually exclusive!🙂

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Somebody read the thread title and then didn't read the post, methinks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerrykerry said:

Are you that stupid that you couldn't work out that the OP was talking about being an iFollow user abroad, so doesn't have access to live coverage when we're chosen for live international coverage in said country? Numpty!!! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I'm just wondering if there are any other followers from afar who feel they have been completely ripped off by this so-called 'service'? Utterly fed up, that having shelled out for a season pass, for the third match in a row I'm reduced to radio commentary. Illegal streams are better than this and they don't cost money. 

Isn't this just because the match was available on sky, and therefore isn't covered in your ifollow pass as an abroad customer? 

Because to be fair that is fairly clear before you sign up. I can imagine its annoying but its what it is.

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Isn't this just because the match was available on sky, and therefore isn't covered in your ifollow pass as an abroad customer? 

Because to be fair that is fairly clear before you sign up. I can imagine its annoying but its what it is.

Don't tell him we're on TV again Boxing Day 😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I had some problems with the first couple of games and haven't had any since I've followed the following regime.

1. Go into settings and type in "cookies"

2. Click on "delete cookies or temporary files", once that completes,

3. Restart your computer

4. Go to ifollow

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Whilst that is true, you don't know at the start of the season how many games will be live. You end up paying for a season pass not knowing if you'll get 15 games or 35.

Also, I had an issue in September where iFollow blocked the Huddersfield game in Italy because it was selected for live broadcast in Italy, which wasn't the case because I asked the Championship rights holder directly the day before the game and they told me it hadn't been selected. 

I maintain that iFollow is the worst paid streaming service I've ever used by a distance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Whilst that is true, you don't know at the start of the season how many games will be live. You end up paying for a season pass not knowing if you'll get 15 games or 35.

Also, I had an issue in September where iFollow blocked the Huddersfield game in Italy because it was selected for live broadcast in Italy, which wasn't the case because I asked the Championship rights holder directly the day before the game and they told me it hadn't been selected. 

I maintain that iFollow is the worst paid streaming service I've ever used by a distance.

Sorry you've had that experience but for me its been flawless.

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I had some problems with the first couple of games and haven't had any since I've followed the following regime.

1. Go into settings and type in "cookies"

2. Click on "delete cookies or temporary files", once that completes,

3. Restart your computer

4. Go to ifollow

That doesn't apply when iFollow are not broadcasting the game in a particular country/region. The only way round it is to illegally use a VPN to pretend you're somewhere else.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I've tried three times and only once did it work properly. I've had a number of different problems with them (not connection related before the usual suspects pipe up) and I will never use it again, or certainly not in the near future, especially considering they refused to give me a refund when I was treated with a black screen on my laptop because, and I quote, "you were able to stream the event in question on your Android device". Yeah, great, only after I'd missed the first 35 minutes.

Crap product, crap organisation and crap customer service.

2 hours ago, South Sider said:

Professional d1ck perhaps?

7 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

If you are using Google Chrome as a browser try installing and using Firefox instead..

Since switching I've had far fewer glitches / bugs / black screens. 

7 hours ago, hogesar said:

Same here -  no problems at all since I moved to Virgin.

If you are using a service that uses BT lines I have been told by a BT engineer that your distance from the nearest exchange can make a difference.

42 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

Same here -  no problems at all since I moved to Virgin.

If you are using a service that uses BT lines I have been told by a BT engineer that your distance from the nearest exchange can make a difference.

Surely that only applies to the  old copper phone lines .

ifollow should specify the requirements to operate their service on your system. If you meet them & the service doesn't work you should be able to sue the b@stards.

Have bought almost every game and had no problem what so ever. It is annoying that the televised games are only available for home season ticket holders, but I can still get the full match replays.

18 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

NFL gamepass was an absolute ****show a few years ago.

No complaints regarding iFollow on a technical front. When a game has been streamed, it has worked for me and I've cast it to my Chromecast to watch on the big screen. All great. The issue is that the number of games that we can actually see is going down and down as more and more get added to Sky, which I can't get. Equally, I don't have the time, money or inclination to hunt down the games on the French channels that may have possibly decided to air the game given that I've already paid for a service to watch games.  

It's clear that iFollow is basically the dregs that can't get TV coverage, and yet I've spent best part of 200 euros. That's actually a reasonable proportion of the cost of a season ticket for the sake of having a few cameras at a ground and some servers. Frankly, online streaming is a great way for the leagues to take control of the issue over being at the beck and call of broadcasters, but instead we've got a service that treats subscribers as second-class citizens and just isn't worth the money. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Sky keep picking our games to show because we've been winning recently, so hopefully it continues! I do get that it would be annoying, on the other hand, the season pass is still a really good deal compared to £10 per game... Have you looked into Now TV Sky Sports day passes? I might be wrong but I think it's possible to watch Now TV in some European countries as well as the UK, not sure on all the rules but that may be an option for you.

Edit: Scratch that I googled it, Brexit has put a stop to that unfortunately 😬 sorry. I think all the Sky games will be on Bein Sports in France by the looks of it (Boxing Day game is on Bein Sports 4), maybe they do similar streaming passes etc?

Edited by Argos
further research

On 19/12/2020 at 23:37, wcorkcanary said:

Surely that only applies to the  old copper phone lines .

Fraid not Corkio. The speed of light is the speed of light, and the further you are from your exchange the worse the latency you are going to see. Fibre is like more lanes (bandwidth) on a road but the cars are still travelling at the same speed (latency) you can just get more of them on at the same time.

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Fraid not Corkio. The speed of light is the speed of light, and the further you are from your exchange the worse the latency you are going to see. Fibre is like more lanes (bandwidth) on a road but the cars are still travelling at the same speed (latency) you can just get more of them on at the same time.

The other thing to be aware of, (this is the industry I work in) is that if you get it through BT or someone piggybacking off BTs infrastructure - its only fibre to the cabinet - the remaining distance to your home is the weak link and is phone cabling.   Fibre to the premises is the standard in lots of other countries now but BT dont want to spend money.  

• Thanks 1

Im quite relieved I didn't buy a pass or a monthly one for December, its a bit rubbish for those of us overseas that they won't allow us to watch the Sky covered games, ultimately it just means I watch on a stream when I would happily give my £10er to the club if allowed.