lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Cardiff*****

Best display of the season so far? I mean, I'm ignoring how many chances we missed and how we could have won 5 or 6 nill any other day but hey- 'Tis the season to be jolly so I'm just going to let it slide 😉

Not once did we look in any danger. I mean, given how Cardiffs entire team are brick houses and they are top in the stats from getting goals out of corners and setpiaces and such yet they did not even breech our defence says a lot about us given how much slack we often get for our sloppy and sometimes poor defending.

Either way, top at Christmas and McGovern is probably gonna be having a fight to try and stop Krul taking his place that's for sure, prime Buffon from him today did not look shaky, worried and caught anything and everything that came his way

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

6 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

They saw you coming! 

Think I'll live without 2 quid 😂. Playing with last week's acca winnings anyway 😄

6 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Steiperman loses the ball - instead of running back to recover he’s jogging - I really need convincing he’s even Championship..😡

The fact that Farke rates him should be all you need.

Fingers crossed Max is okay, he didn't look too bad so fingers crossed it's just another minor knock.

Delighted for McGovern, another wonderful save in the first half.

Now come on Huddersfield and Luton, do us a solid.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

With Dowell, Rupp and Hugill now back in the squad we no longer are down to the 'bare bones' - and McGovern has calmed many nerves after his recent games

It is in our hands now

2-0

I even amaze myself sometimes ☺️

Emi, controlled the game, scored a goal and refereed the match. 

I can only think he jabber on in Spanish so the ref doesn't take offence. 

After he's subbed he's bending Mario's ear then comes on the pitch after the game with a face like thunder. 

Intense or what? 

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yellow? For wiping him out from behind with legs flying in without getting the ball?

Championship refs man

I have to agree. The poorest championship referee I have seen in many a year, His field positioning and decisions made were mind boggling. And as for the tackle on Cantwell, a red card all day long. Shocking refereeing.

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Fingers crossed Max is okay, he didn't look too bad so fingers crossed it's just another minor knock.

Delighted for McGovern, another wonderful save in the first half.

Now come on Huddersfield and Luton, do us a solid.

It's going to be a very relaxed afternoon, watching the other results. Even if all our contenders win, I'll be like 'Meh' Anything dropped is a bonus.

It's all  about us after all

Edited by Crabbycanary3

1 minute ago, City 2nd said:

I have to agree. The poorest championship referee I have seen in many a year, His field positioning and decisions made were mind boggling. And as for the tackle on Cantwell, a red card all day long. Shocking refereeing.

Cardiff player knew it was the end of the game as well. He could see the scoreboard, 2-0 down and has been embarrsed by Cantwell for a long time during the match and it's the end of added time so what does he does

Flys in hard as he can from behind with his studs up. Not saying he was trying to hurt him, damage him or prehaps even end his career

but

EVERYONE had a great game. Was also good to see McClean put in by far his best performance of the season. Really solid and influential in the middle.

Just now, City 2nd said:

the lunge from behind on Pukki a bit earlier could easily have been a red

still, with a tenner bonus for every time the ref blew his whistle he will at least be able to afford a very merry Xmas if nothing else

6 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Emi Buendia unplayable today. I really hope no scouts were watching that game today because he looked every bit a top class player

Agreed. But his on field attitude is concerning.

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

EVERYONE had a great game. Was also good to see McClean put in by far his best performance of the season. Really solid and influential in the middle.

Agree. He had a very good influence today. Assist too.

2 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

Will be Arsenals problem soon.

Still, how the hell did we manage to buy him for just 1 million quid? Someone needs to buy Webber a decent christmas prezzie..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

It's going to be a very relaxed afternoon, watching the other results. Even if all our contenders win, I'll be like 'Meh' Anything dropped is a bonus.

yep, spot on

even Brentford v Reading will be points dropped somewhere

otherwise our current points per game average would put us on 99 points over the season 🤩

Cardiff, unlike everyone else, didn't target Sorensen. 

The defence did well, Hanley is showing great leadership and Skipp is the foundation that allows the wide players to be expansive. 

7 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

I've said it before and ill say it again, he needs to see the same sports psychologist that Wenger sent Ian Wright to. 

2 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

Cardiff, unlike everyone else, didn't target Sorensen. 

The defence did well, Hanley is showing great leadership and Skipp is the foundation that allows the wide players to be expansive. 

Sorensen (or 'Surnsurn' apparently) had Todd in front of him today. Think that made a difference.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

I'm especially looking forward to watching Luton beat promotion rivals Bournemouth later 👍 

Great performance from the lads today.

1 minute ago, Jools said:

I'm especially looking forward to watching Luton beat promotion rivals Bournemouth later 👍 

Great performance from the lads today.

Urgh!   Can't you stay on the non footy side. Or at least change your revolting avatar.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Or at least change your revolting avatar.

The things I do to appease you Lefties... 🤣

Best performance of the season. Earlier on in the season even though we were getting results it still felt like we had one or two gears we could go through, recently though we really have stepped it up and look every inch like a team worthy of our league position, and as a result in the space of a week we've dispatched 3 promotion-chasing teams relatively comfortably despite our injury list.

Has to be said, I think all of us probably questioned when Farke publicly called-out Cantwell and Emi for their attitude and left them out of the side away at Bournemouth, but what a piece of management it turned out to be. Both of them were unplayable today and both scored spectacular goals. A shame in a way that game was live on Sky where no doubt thousands of people would have been marvelling at them the same way we do every week! Those two were the obvious stand-outs but to a man we were fantastic today, the only disappointment was that it wasn't far more, though I guess we'll forgive Pukki this week due to the circumstances 😃 A special word to McGovern as well. I said before the game that I was concerned that Cardiff's effectiveness from set-pieces could expose him, but I'll hold my hands up as he was superb today. Another fantastic, world-class save to deny Morrison today, which he had absolutely no right to make really.

Nice that the squad now have a full week to rest up in preparation for what is a huge game at the top against Watford on Boxing Day. With the way we're playing at the moment though it's hard to see us dropping points to anyone in this league.

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

A clean sheet today would be an absolutely outstanding result. Even if it's 0-0, that'd still be a great result against a very physical side on great form. If we win to nil today, we'll be in a phenomenally strong position psychologically as well as in terms of the table.

Get in there! Right, I'm off out to drink some alcohol (with a substantial meal, of course).

OTBC!

😄

2 minutes ago, Jools said:

The things I do to appease you Lefties... 🤣

Thank you. Its the most decent thing that you have done since I joined. Mum looks well, did she approve of your , cough, relationship with Bowie? 

• Like 1