Herman

Forum problems.

19 hours ago, Diane said:

I'm still getting Bad Request everytime on my android  phone , then have to delete cookies/data etc then it works but its a pain doing that everytime.

I keep getting the same message on my iPad (apart from a couple of days last week when strangely it worked) when I try to log on via google.

I have to then open in Safari, which works. Only thing is; going through google I am logged in but in Safari I have to log in every time I visit the site.

Having said what I said above, this morning I click on the forum link on google and get straight in; strange!!!

I am still getting the problem on the Google bookmark I have used for years (Chromebook.) Similar message about the size of the request and my browser not being able to handle it.

Ok on both Safari and DuckDuck, so a puzzle. But a bit of a hassle changing the browser for just one site and then back again for the rest. Reset (clearing cache and history) works but then there's more hassle with saved stuff  ... passwords etc.

No big deal really but I find I just 'tune in' less often. Silly stuff as I thought the problem had been identified.

No other site ever gives me these problems. Even the small 'one man and his dog' sites I sometimes frequent.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

I've suddenly started getting a 'Bad Request' message on android phone using Chrome and the same on an ancient laptop using Firefox.  Have now managed to get in using Chrome on the laptop.  Clearing cache and history etc doesn't work.  Has anyone out there resolved this issue?  It may be there are people like me who haven't posted since Sunday when this problem started

4 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I've suddenly started getting a 'Bad Request' message on android phone using Chrome and the same on an ancient laptop using Firefox.  Have now managed to get in using Chrome on the laptop.  Clearing cache and history etc doesn't work.  Has anyone out there resolved this issue?  It may be there are people like me who haven't posted since Sunday when this problem started

If it helps anyone else I have now got access on my android phone using the Samsung Internet browser 

6 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

If it helps anyone else I have now got access on my android phone using the Samsung Internet browser 

I have android phone and the Samsung Internet browser and I'm still getting it every single  time,  given up on phone now so will  just pop on when laptop is  fired up now.

28 minutes ago, Diane said:

I have android phone and the Samsung Internet browser and I'm still getting it every single  time,  given up on phone now so will  just pop on when laptop is  fired up now.

I now suspect it may be Brentford related. I initially thought it was Suffolk, but they're not that clever and they're all too excited about American pension schemes 

Can’t access from google again today, have had to use Safari.

I'm beginning to wonder if it’s anything to do with the volume of traffic on the site.

it was quiet the other day when I got straight in but is much busier today. Are there any IT experts who can explain it to us ordinary folks.

3 hours ago, pearsos said:

Can’t access from google again today, have had to use Safari.

I'm beginning to wonder if it’s anything to do with the volume of traffic on the site.

it was quiet the other day when I got straight in but is much busier today. Are there any IT experts who can explain it to us ordinary folks.

Same problem again today!! It's a f*cking pain in the arris to have to clear browsing history just for access to this p*ss-poorly administered site.I don't get any such problem on any other site apart from this one 😡