Herman

Forum problems.

I’ve had that problem a couple of times - though only on apple devices that have done their latest updates.  Is a faff to clear the cache (may need to do pinkun and archant) but seems to work  

21 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

While posters who understand this stuff are about...

Recently (separate from this current problem) when I have tried to access the forum on my ipad I have got the following error message:

'Size of request header field exceeds server limit'

Does this make sense and if so what can I do about it?!

This cropped up when new cookie permission software was added to our sites - the PinkUn forum didn't take it as well as our other sites. Clearing your history in Settngs - Safari will sort it.

The messageboard reliability is a total joke. I appreciate it's not an Archant priority but it's incredibly frustrating for it to be unavailable for the entire Saturday evening and Sunday/Monday after a Norwich game.

53 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

We've got a game tonight too. Hope it's fixed before then.

'

We'll need your matchday thread in timely fashion. We don't want Cambridge sneaking in there 😉

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, it's not your fault, or your device, it's this forum (shock horror).

Basically it's trying to store a cookie-file that's too large. You can get around it by clearing your cache - assuming you're using Safari on your iPad - Open the Settings app, go to Safari, and then choose "clear history and website data". Note you'll lose your browsing history..

5cb094bcfd5dbf3bc810055c?width=700&forma

That has worked for me, thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Downloads said:

Frustrating.

Not going to be able to call for subs on 70mins on the live thread tonight at this rate.

70 minutes? You’re slower than some - it seems to start at 46 minutes if we’re not winning.

Hi! I can't enter the forums. It gives me the "bad request" text when I try to enter the forum section. But if I clear my browsing history and cookies, it allows me to enter with no problems, but when I try to enter later I have to clear the history again. I only have these problems with my phone, I live in Finland.

2 hours ago, Pete Raven said:

This cropped up when new cookie permission software was added to our sites - the PinkUn forum didn't take it as well as our other sites. Clearing your history in Settngs - Safari will sort it.

Thanks, Pete, and Hogesar. That has solved it..

14 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

70 minutes? You’re slower than some - it seems to start at 46 minutes if we’re not winning.

I thought it was whatever time Emi gets booked 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Curandero said:

Hi! I can't enter the forums. It gives me the "bad request" text when I try to enter the forum section. But if I clear my browsing history and cookies, it allows me to enter with no problems, but when I try to enter later I have to clear the history again. I only have these problems with my phone, I live in Finland.

Lol, I can only get on with my phone. No rhyme or reason.

If I try with a computer/laptop I get the Bad Request rubbish. It's a ballache having to constantly delete browser history, but I guess it'll stop my missus seeing the sketchy **** sites.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Curandero said:

Same with me.

I'm on a Chromebook, and then have to log in to many saved sites that are normally automatic from my bookmarks.

Pain in the 'arris.

Edited by BroadstairsR

The EDP, EEN, and PINK UN web sites are a total disaster of Archant, whomever are their IT experts and web design staff need to be sacked. This is a recurring problem they do not seem to get on topology at all.

If the IT department at Archant are on performance related pay they must be earning about a tenner a month.

I've had problems the last 2 days on my phone, keep getting Bad Request, then have to delete cookies/cache and refresh then blank page.

Seems ok now though 😀

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2021 at 13:33, hogesar said:

Yeah, it's not your fault, or your device, it's this forum (shock horror).

Basically it's trying to store a cookie-file that's too large. You can get around it by clearing your cache - assuming you're using Safari on your iPad - Open the Settings app, go to Safari, and then choose "clear history and website data". Note you'll lose your browsing history..

5cb094bcfd5dbf3bc810055c?width=700&forma

Thanks, bumping this as I've been having this problem on my iPhone and this has solved it 👍

Only problem with clearing history on iphone/ipad solution is that it wipes all your log ins to sites so is a real pain (also the problem seems to soon come back 🤬)

4 hours ago, rock bus said:

Only problem with clearing history on iphone/ipad solution is that it wipes all your log ins to sites so is a real pain (also the problem seems to soon come back 🤬)

This is the alternative route you’ll want then:

76F11067-9907-4430-B542-E54FB6CD248C.jpeg

Then:

CDDC550C-C7D5-49ED-9BC4-1094A4337314.jpeg

Then search for pinkun.com in the search box, wait 53 years for it to display pinkun.com, and delete that. Wipes cookies etc. for that domain only.

Edited by GenerationA47
  • Like 2

I'm still getting Bad Request everytime on my android  phone , then have to delete cookies/data etc then it works but its a pain doing that everytime.

I'm still getting it, all yesterday & today

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2021 at 16:36, GenerationA47 said:

This is the alternative route you’ll want then:

76F11067-9907-4430-B542-E54FB6CD248C.jpeg

Then:

CDDC550C-C7D5-49ED-9BC4-1094A4337314.jpeg

Then search for pinkun.com in the search box, wait 53 years for it to display pinkun.com, and delete that. Wipes cookies etc. for that domain only.

Good one, I'll try this next time !  I've lost numerous crucial bits of information like that list of the 12 best books about Napoleon, a guide to walking the Pennine way, and a guide to the battlefield site at Dien Bien Phu from some random guy in Hong Kong....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Good one, I'll try this next time !  I've lost numerous crucial bits of information like that list of the 12 best books about Napoleon, a guide to walking the Pennine way, and a guide to the battlefield site at Dien Bien Phu from some random guy in Hong Kong....

Here’s a book tip if you’re into that sort of thing: www.goodreads.com/book/show/205613.The_Peninsular_War

The football connection being ... first time Norwich* played in Europe? *as the Royal Anglians. (I made all this up)

Edited by GenerationA47