Sign in to follow this  
pete

City interested in Norwegiam LB

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-linked-with-fredrik-andre-bjorkan-6856762

Another LB to add to Quintella, Byram and McCullum all available when fit or not loaned out.  We are stuck presently with Sorensen who has struggled as emergency LB, oh no he hasn't has done well.  And if wasn't playing LB might have appeared occasionally on bench until injury crisis.

The left side of norwich will be overloaded with various LB's and left sided midfielders Onel. Placheta, Cantwelland Idah   Leaving us a little short on the right of midfield Emi is alone there, Onel can operate there,  this may need urgent attention if Emi is enticed to Arsenal.  

Ok , so, add one player to an are we are short in .....aànd  were overloaded all of a sudden. Some folk were saying that we wont see Xavi again. 

We buy the players we want as and when they become available, not to fill gaps. Think long term Peteo , long term. 

I usually like seeing Scandinavian players make the move - they're generally tough enough to hang out in British football and often have a passable command of the language to hit the ground running. I haven't seen him play much, but anyone who's been a regular in that Bodo side is well worth a look considering how they absolutely tore the Norwegian top flight apart ahead of traditional powerhouses such as Molde and Rosenborg if they're young and promising. That said, arguably the best player's already gone to AC Milan in Jens Petter Hauge.

Bjorkan isn’t one being considered. 

I wouldn’t associate “Stuck and Struggled” with Sorensen either. For a player whose never played in that position before and targeted by most teams he’s done a good job. 

Another left back? Take it this means Mcallum isn't coming back soon then.

Still from what I know about this guy hes big and strong (around 6ft 1 or so) and super quick.

Would be nice to have a big tough fullback seeing as most of ours are rather short.

• Like 1

A left back from the magic kingdom of Norwegiam has to be considered.

Borkjan, son of Meerkan . From what  I hear  to get there you pass through the seven levels of the candy cane forest, through the sea of swirly-twirly gum drops, and then through the Lincoln Tunnel  ..

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks good on the clip video and has a nice direct dribbling ability – suiting our attacking full-back style of play. But so have a lot of “mythically good” players. I’m sure if our great scouting team have done their due diligence and like him, then they’ll go for him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KiwiScot said:

Will he get the work permit if needed?

I think that’ll be fine, especially as we’ve signed a recent Trade Agreement with EFTA nations, making visas easier. 

• Like 1

Considering we don't actually have a playable LB at this moment this seems like a good shout. If he fits with our team and is a young promising footballer, then I'd like him on board. 

Quintilla's situation doesn't fill me hope. 

Byram is seemingly made of glass. 

McCallum is still out on loan and if the plan was to send him out for a season then we should go with that if possible. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Considering we don't actually have a playable LB at this moment this seems like a good shout. If he fits with our team and is a young promising footballer, then I'd like him on board. 

Quintilla's situation doesn't fill me hope. 

Byram is seemingly made of glass. 

McCallum is still out on loan and if the plan was to send him out for a season then we should go with that if possible. 

Xavi is back in training and will be back with our players on Tuesday and will most likely be returning  (if on bench) after saturday

Sad about Mcallum though, such a stupid loan. Why we thought loaning him out was a good idea is beyond me

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Xavi is back in training and will be back with our players on Tuesday and will most likely be returning  (if on bench) after saturday

Sad about Mcallum though, such a stupid loan. Why we thought loaning him out was a good idea is beyond me

That's good news but he's only here for a bit. 

I'm sure there's good reason for it. 

If we are so ‘overloaded’ at lb why have we needed to play a cm out of position there for most of the season so far?  Playing Mumba and Byram out of position there would hardly be the ideal answer and neither is fit (nor likely to be for a while).

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

Martin can play in Emi's position too. *And Mumba 

I don't think anyone has mentioned this so it may come as a bit of a shock. We could do with another CB 

Edited by NFN FC

Keep acquiring  all the left footers available, get a monopoly, then charge what we want!  That's the plan ......

• Haha 1

I have seen alot of Bodø/Glimts games this season. 

Bjørkan is the same type of player as Lewis. Fast, intelegnet. Not the best header. 

Do I belive he will be a good signing? Yes!!! The new Adam Drury if we give him some time. 

Im actually so impresed with Bjørkan, Berg ,Zinkernagel, Saltnes, Lode and J.P. Hauge that I sendt a mail to Norwich to take a look at them, this spring 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Byram was playing LB in PL last season keeping Lewis out until hamstring injury.  If he does get fit and we have to buy Quintilla as we are promoted, buy the Norwegiam lad in Jan and Mcullum continues to impress at Cov.  Could have 4 LB's I would suggest that is an overload.  

Byram isn't naturally a LB, he's a RB, so anyone suggesting that is the position he takes in the squad can strike him off the list.

Essentially we have Aarons, Byram and Mumba as the players for RB. I think because Aarons was identified as a player that would be most likely to leave and with Byram having a bit of a history with injuries, Mumba was brought in, and seems good for it tbh, shame about his injury as I think he would have been playing at LB, or Aarons, and we wouldn't have seen how good Sorenson is.

The only official left backs we have are McCullum who is out on lone and Xavi. Xavi's injury seems to have been a bit of a mystery and Farke expressed that in a strange way that could be down to the language barrier. I that that was a few weeks ago when asked about it and he said something along the lines of not being able to find anything wrong but Xavi was still 'moaning' about it. Made it sound like it could be a lack of commitment to push through, take a bit of pain etc.

Though I wouldn't read too much into rumours either.

Gibson is left footed and Farke has said he can fill in there. Stieperman has done in the past but I wouldn't like to see that again to be fair to him. McCullum at 20 is still one for the future. Getting regular games in the championship for Coventry under a good manager is better than the prospect of having been here and behind Xavi for most of the season. The reason why Aarons and Lewis have developed is because of their playing time. Deny that and you can argue that they might not have realised that potential.