Alex Moss

Bournemouth fans love us 😉

Well let's be honest, we're arguably the best two sides in the division so it stands to reason that we wouldn't swap our best players for theirs and they wouldn't swap their best players for ours. 

Pukki's doing well for us and Solanke is doing well for them, so why would either side want to swap? Same goes for Buendia/Brooks, Cantwell/Stanislas, Krul/Begovic etc.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man
  • Like 2

Bournmouth? Is that not that tiny club with a 12,000 capacity, old rusty garden shed of a stadium that even on a good day was only ever half full? A club that amost fell apart and needed donations as nobody cared about it as it faced liqidation in the national league? A club that's never won anything and it's only claim to fame is being bought by rich folk, sent to the Prem for a few seasons along with a manager who bought absooute dross for them for ridiculous prices and wages who did nothing for them? That Bournmouth? Claming they are better than everyone else?

Seems they need some self reflection.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

I quite enjoyed the expert doink analysis of 'lets see what they can do if they hit a sticky patch, because we have a plan B'....

HAHAHA Mate, we had 13 injured players and two games without a recognised Striker fit at the club. I think Bournemouth need to worry a little less about us and little bit more about Watford.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

I couldn't even name 5 of their players

I know, reading that list of the players in their squad with a one line positive comment on each made me laugh. Like every supporter couldn't do that for their team - or indeed the opposite.

I expected to find they were a mix of Percy positives, negatives Nancies and a few more level headed posters like on most message boards, but the overwhelming mood in that thread was arrogance. How many PL teams have been relegated over previous years and were confident they still had the quality to go straight back up? Let's see where we all are at the end of the season,  but right now we are 3 points to the good.

Edited by Nuff Said

They’ve probably got more firepower than us up front and Brooks is a good player. To be fair they’ve probably been the most convincing of the three relegated sides so far but I think we are capable of going up a level as we saw second half last night. 

10 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

They’ve probably got more firepower than us up front and Brooks is a good player. To be fair they’ve probably been the most convincing of the three relegated sides so far but I think we are capable of going up a level as we saw second half last night. 

They're second, we're first. How's that more convincing? 

Ah bless them trying to create a rivalry with another club as no-one gives two ****s about them either way so they have no rivals.🤷‍♂️

37 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Apparently we’re an entitled arrogant bunch who shouldn’t even dare suggest our squad is as good as theirs. But would you really swap Pukki, Buendia, Cantwell, Aarons, Krul for any of their players? I wouldn’t. 

https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/weds-fixtures.13051/

By definition, at the moment, our squad is better 🙂

They have a very good squad and I am impressed with their manager. I am honestly not concerned if we go up in 2nd to Bournemouth, as long as we go up. Shouldn't they be considered to have the best chance of anyone in this division to go up, what with all that money (Years in Prem/Owner) they have (had)?

All I know is that we are top, have had the injury list from hell, and haven't hit our straps yet

4 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

By definition, at the moment, our squad is better 🙂

They have a very good squad and I am impressed with their manager. I am honestly not concerned if we go up in 2nd to Bournemouth, as long as we go up. Shouldn't they be considered to have the best chance of anyone in this division to go up, what with all that money (Years in Prem/Owner) they have (had)?

All I know is that we are top, have had the injury list from hell, and haven't hit our straps yet

I did find it amusing that one or possibly more posters thought we were entitled and arrogant only for the thread to descend into something, er, entitled and arrogant. Bit ironic!

And that post about how would we handle hitting a sticky patch made me chuckle. I’m guessing struggling to field 11 fit players yet still winning wasn’t the epitome of handling a difficult time in the season then ha ha. Conversely I will be very interested to see how they deal with mass injuries etc - I think we’ve comfortably proved we can do it, but the big question will be, if that moment arises then can they?

29 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Only we've got more points. And played more of the top half teams. Away from home too.

And we've had more possession.

And more shots.

Weve generally dominated games better.

Unless we are going to be as simplistic as "they scored more ghouls buh".

They're obviously a good side. If a few years in the prem turns fans to that level of arrogance from being tinpot nothings then I dont feel we've missed out on much.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

I think your comment on the Reading match thread also applies here Jim.

5 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I couldn’t really care less what Reading fans think of us. Tinpot club with a sh*t support. 

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Without putting words in Jim's mouth, I guess it could be argued they've been more convincing because we've only won one match by more than the odd goal whereas they've won six, including a 4-0 and a 5-0.

We've been more consistent, they've hit the higher gears more often. 

Ultimately we've got more points though and we're top, so I know whose position I'd rather be in.

25 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Is there actually enough  Bournemouth  fans to have a viable message board? 

I remember back when they were in League one even during the season they gained promotion to the Championship and they were only just getting 4000 fans per home game.

in an 11,000 capacity stadium.

the tinpot.jpg

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

I thought they would be more concerned with their own players scrapping during the game last night, or was that what managers tend to call 'passion'? 

It's a shame we have to wait until April 17th to show them who's boss but I guess by then they'll be mid-table obscurity 😉

1 hour ago, NFN FC said:

Who are Bournemouth? 

That club that sold us grabban for 4 million and a after we got the best out if him to be promoted to the pram bought the stroppy little **** back from us for 8 million. 

Really can't hate Bournemouth. Its like hating the intellectually disabled.

Edited by CanaryChris
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

I don’t think we’ve always been convincing. Not been at our fluent best (obviously in part due to the injuries) and grinding out wins whereas they have had a few really convincing victories. 

9 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I don’t think we’ve always been convincing. Not been at our fluent best (obviously in part due to the injuries) and grinding out wins whereas they have had a few really convincing victories. 

On scoreline, maybe. They've still created less chances, made less forward passes, had less shots, had less possession, had less touches in opposition area than us.

We are top of pretty much every statistic including that little old one titled 'points'.

If Bournemouth had been more convincing over the course of this season so far then they'd have more points especially when they've had comparatively easier fixtures.

• Like 1