Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

We are top, in pretty much every way possible

I saw that, it was displayed at half-time so I doubt it included last night's match either, so we've probably extended our lead in the at least three of those categories. Kind of pours scorn on the idea that our comparatively poor goal difference and one-goal margin victories means our league position is someone fortuitous.

Also need to consider the difficulty of our games. Now I know that this may end up being a huge advantage when crowds eventually return but...Norwich have played 9 of 10 away games against teams currently in the top 14. I checked our top 6 competitors and:

Bournemouth-5 away to top 14 teams

Watford -3

Swansea-4

Reading-4

Brentford-5

And we have the best away record in the league. Truly leading the way every which way you look at it!

**** to that supposed false league position due to a low gd. No team is anywhere near our record when considering opposition faced on home turf.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I saw that, it was displayed at half-time so I doubt it included last night's match either, so we've probably extended our lead in the at least three of those categories. Kind of pours scorn on the idea that our comparatively poor goal difference and one-goal margin victories means our league position is someone fortuitous.

I genuinely didn't think we'd be top for shots, purely because we're generally very patient. It does highlight just how much we are dominating games in general though.

I imagine we are still top of all these stats after todays game.

Best team in the league. 

McGovern is a good enough backup after all despite the rubbish spouted about him prior.

Top despite a host of injuries. Cantwell and Dowell important players.

On 17/12/2020 at 08:48, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Another brilliant stat that they showed before the game was total chances created in English league football since August 2018, i.e. when Buendia made his debut for us.

Buendia was top of the list, followed by Barry Bannan, Kevin De Bruyne, Pablo Hernandez and Jack Grealish.

Wonder if Bannon might fancy swapping a relegation scrap with Wednesday for a promotion push with us? 🤔

5 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Wonder if Bannon might fancy swapping a relegation scrap with Wednesday for a promotion push with us? 🤔

Thing is I don't see where he gets in the team, I'd have Buendia, Cantwell and Dowell all ahead of him.

Remember after a few games when some posters were counting our matches back to the Leicester home match ? One win in 17 and most clubs would have sacked the manager? We’re now one defeat in 16, so stick that where the sun doesn’t shine 😁

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Remember after a few games when some posters were counting our matches back to the Leicester home match ? One win in 17 and most clubs would have sacked the manager? We’re now one defeat in 16, so stick that where the sun doesn’t shine 😁

😅😅😅

Don't think our chance conversion stats would be near the top. Missed some cracking ones today!

9 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

He's a very good player, even at 33.

9 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Rate Bannon. Looks like our kind of player. And if Emi left ...

• Like 1

These stats are great. We've given the impression that we haven't yet hit top gear, yet we're still dominating against some really good teams. I was a bit disappointed against Coventry and Luton but the last couple of games have been top notch.

33 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Don't think our chance conversion stats would be near the top. Missed some cracking ones today!

That is one thing that needs improving. Last match should have had 3/4 even 5 maybe. This one possibly even more. Great to keep winning, would love to see more clinical finishing that our chance making deserves.

43 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Sky showed us as being 20th in shot conversation, imagine how good we will be when we start banging them in more. 

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

That is one thing that needs improving. Last match should have had 3/4 even 5 maybe. This one possibly even more. Great to keep winning, would love to see more clinical finishing that our chance making deserves.

If Pukki hadn't performed as a doula last night we'd have thumped them.

29 minutes ago, Petriix said:

These stats are great. We've given the impression that we haven't yet hit top gear, yet we're still dominating against some really good teams. I was a bit disappointed against Coventry and Luton but the last couple of games have been top notch.

To be fair, those two games were pretty much the nadir of our injury crisis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Thing is I don't see where he gets in the team, I'd have Buendia, Cantwell and Dowell all ahead of him.

If Emi goes in Jan would he be the best like-for-like replacement?

36 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

If Emi goes in Jan would he be the best like-for-like replacement?

Unless it's mega ££s for Buendia, I'd be surprised if he went January. The income from securing a return to the Prem. would far exceed a fee for Buendia... and Buendia must realise that he's fairly likely to be playing in the Prem. next season with Norwich anyway.