Midlands Yellow

Reading predictions

18 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Being at home Reading will attack, be picked off and another 3 points going in the bank. 3.1 win and hopefully Parma will be happy. 

Parma would appreciate  the players carrying out their jobs to the max. Building relentless efficiency in our pass ,move   pass , create , score ,with good options for the man on the ball will give him a warm glow. 

O-2 with 70% quality possession. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

The big question is whether I should shell out for a day pass to watch it on Sky.  So far this season we've done better when I've not been watching it live.  If I get a Sky pass and we lose, it will clearly be my fault.  What should I do ?

15 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

The big question is whether I should shell out for a day pass to watch it on Sky.  So far this season we've done better when I've not been watching it live.  If I get a Sky pass and we lose, it will clearly be my fault.  What should I do ?

There is a few seconds delay inherent in the system anyway, so it is not actually live - so tell yourself it's not really live and don't worry about it!  🙂

20 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Can you get an offer from Now tv ? A month pass from them on offer should be under£ 20... maybe even valid for three months at that ppm. City are on Proper sky( not red button) 3 times in next couple weeks, tonight , sat and boxing day.....better deal than  ifollow  and better quality/ coverage.  Now tv is now available  HD in uk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It would be great to have s statement victory at some point, like the 4-0 away win against Sheff Wed two seasons ago.  Despite Blackburn's ferocity on Saturday, we could easily have won that match by 3 or 4 goals, so tonight would be a good night to put that into fruition.  Depends on how Reading approach the game, if they attack, then it gives us space to play, if they defend it will be against what they are used to an we can still pick them off.  Hopeful for something like a 4-1 or 5-2 win - something entertaining and positive for us all. 

• Like 1

I think we have seen some signs in the last two matches that we are moving up a gear. So, tonight I hope we see a very good performance. If so, it will translate into goals.

Reading are missing a few, we're getting a few coming back, but I also think we look a shade leggy / tired and a few concentration errors are creeping in off the ball.

Paunovic generally looks at defence first so I wouldn't expect Reading to come flying out at us, especially as their two main attackers are out. I think it'll be quite dour and we'll probably have a 1-1 draw. Which I can very much live with. Just don't lose to teams up there in the table at that point.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Can you get an offer from Now tv ? A month pass from them on offer should be under£ 20... maybe even valid for three months at that ppm. City are on Proper sky( not red button) 3 times in next couple weeks, tonight , sat and boxing day.....better deal than  ifollow  and better quality/ coverage.  Now tv is now available  HD in uk.

It's coming in for me at £25 per month.  I'm obviously not an important customer for them !!

5 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

It's coming in for me at £25 per month.  I'm obviously not an important customer for them !!

If you have virgin tv can upgrade sky sports for £15 per month and cancel straight away.....I’ve done it so can watch Norwich games and the darts over Xmas 😉

Just now, It's Character Forming said:

If you're not already paying for it , do a quick Google search for offers and follow the links. £25 isnt too bad really, I go through this kind of shoite every time my current  offer ends.  If you are not already paying for it you should be able to find a better deal than £25. Most things are more expensive  over here and I've had it at €19.50 pm for 3 months , then itll go up to €23.50 for 2 or 3 months, then if I take a week or so not paying anything  , I can get back in for € 19.50 pm again. Best of luck finding a  deal.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Happy Christmas  to you too Ricardo(o).🥳

I prefer to be pleasantly surprised rather than sadly disappointed.😉

23 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I prefer to be pleasantly surprised rather than sadly disappointed.😉

I'm only disappointed  by poor performances, love good results too, but hey, anything  can happen, Pukki might even score  with his head!!! ....or a screamer  from 25 yards.  Still feel we'll  win , always so in the last couple  of years ( well, except  during project  restart). If were not more than 2 down  with 20 to go , I'll still feel that we can  do it . 

• Like 1

3-2 win or loss, it’ll be close but a few goals......3-2 win Buendia and Pukki to score.

I think another 2-1. Reading are short of attackers but have great runners in midfield who will cause us problems and great centre backs for set pieces. But I think with Pukki, Buendia and Cantwell we will have too much for them - just. I suspect this might be another one Parma isn't happy with though.....

8 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

If you're not already paying for it , do a quick Google search for offers and follow the links. £25 isnt too bad really, I go through this kind of shoite every time my current  offer ends.  If you are not already paying for it you should be able to find a better deal than £25. Most things are more expensive  over here and I've had it at €19.50 pm for 3 months , then itll go up to €23.50 for 2 or 3 months, then if I take a week or so not paying anything  , I can get back in for € 19.50 pm again. Best of luck finding a  deal.

Thanks @wcorkcanary I shelled out the £25 and money well spent I’d say!