dylanisabaddog

Watford v Brentford and others

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm watching the Watford game tonight with interest and hoping for a draw. But can't help thinking that Watford will go up a gear soon. 

Talking about 'others' I've just noticed at half time that Accrington are up a goal and are currently occupying the holy 6th place position in league 1.

17 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Talking about 'others' I've just noticed at half time that Accrington are up a goal and are currently occupying the holy 6th place position in league 1.

Yeh, but you can just see the spawny Binners getting a rousing draw at home to bottom Club Burton later , to take that mantle back. 

19 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Yeh, but you can just see the spawny Binners getting a rousing draw at home to bottom Club Burton later , to take that mantle back. 

But perhaps not before Sunderland or Doncaster or both bulldoze their way past them by half time?

Sunderland have one player positive for Covid but 8 have had to isolate. Tried to postpone the game but the FA said no. 😮 

43 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Sunderland have one player positive for Covid but 8 have had to isolate. Tried to postpone the game but the FA said no. 😮 

Remarkable really, when you think the Newcastle Villa game got called off a couple of weeks back. Special treatment for Premier League football clubs?

9 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Remarkable really, when you think the Newcastle Villa game got called off a couple of weeks back. Special treatment for Premier League football clubs?

Seems like it, particularly when non league clubs are having to forfeit matches when they can’t play a fixture

Brentford look good and Watford very average. So it is clearly going to be a 1-0 Watford win. 

9 minutes ago, ricardo said:

All Brentford at the mo.

No surprise. Brentford are a better team. Looked the part this season. That said, Watford keep grinding out the wins by the odd goal.

Sod top, it'd be nice but the gap to 3rd has to be the focus...

Hopefully Rooney can do us a favour and pick up another draw while we beat Reading and go 6 points clear of 3rd. Thats the dream!

Either way, Krul back at the weekend and we'll be in the top 2 however tomorrow turns out. Looks good!

If I'm being greedy, we could really do with a big win some time soon where we really blow someone out of the water.

Bournemoth were nothing special tonight and, until the sending off, Wycombe were handling them quite well, without an obvious bus-park.

Top against bottom remember.

On so many occasions the final ball from the Cherries was atrocious, and even led to aguments amongst their players a couple of times

Compare them  with City? More conventional, but perhaps more direct.

Swansea are the biggest threat, imo, and Reading won't go away.

A win against them tomorrow will see a gap open up. The Royals main strength seems to be in their forward players. That they are sidelined, amongst others, tomorrow suggests a City win. 

Let the juggernaut roll on.

Edited by BroadstairsR

7 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm watching the Watford game tonight with interest and hoping for a draw. But can't help thinking that Watford will go up a gear soon. 

Aren’t we due to find more gears soon too!  

Watford were awful, yet should have won it against 10 men and a goal up with a perfectly good goal disallowed. I'd be pretty annoyed if I were the Watford manager.

If we win tomorrow we will be 10 points ahead of seventh place ....I’ll take securing a playoff spot first, then worry about winning auto and the title. 

7 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Watford were awful, yet should have won it against 10 men and a goal up with a perfectly good goal disallowed. I'd be pretty annoyed if I were the Watford manager.

Before that though, Brentford could have scored twice, once when Toney hit the post and also over hit a pass to set up a teammate. Watford may only make 5th spot at best at this rate

Edited by Crabbycanary3

I live near Bristol and if you thought Canary Call was bad, you should hear what I tuned into last night following Bristol City's 2-0 home flop against Millwall. It was hilarious.