nutty nigel

Pukki - All 50 Goals

Forty-eight scored in the penalty area. The other two on the penalty area line as he's running in. None from outside the box. An interesting statistic. (not a complaint BTW)

So hard to choose a favourite although I do like the goal at Bolton where he controls the dropping ball and then lobs the keeper. 

Edited by nutty nigel

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So hard to choose a favourite although I do like the goal at Bolton where he controls the dropping ball and then lobs the keeper. 

Twas a Peach , Nuttyo. 

34 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Forty-eight scored in the penalty area. The other two on the penalty area line as he's running in. None from outside the box. An interesting statistic. (not a complaint BTW)

Pukki is the textbook perfect finisher. He gets in the box and has a sight at goal its hitting the back of the net 9 times out of 10.

He's not an Alex Tetty style striker 😉

51 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Interested to know what the striker stats are in the age of the lone striker up front

57 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Always loved the sensational volley against Newcastle, Eddie. Watched the game in a bar in Paris, great memories!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

True goalscorer.

59 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Can't find a list of our top goalscorers ever, but it won't be long surely before he starts being near the top of that list. Top is Gavin, with 122 (I think) but the rest?

He's level with Martin Peters at number 24.

But if he could score 15 more goals this season that would move him up to 13th. 

Gavin scored 132 by the way, Terry Allcock is second with 127, Iwan Roberts third with 96, Robert Fleck fourth with 84.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Irrelevant I suppose, but does he lose a handful of hair every time he scores a goal, or is his newly and totally shaven head deliberate? He looks a completely different person, even from his early City days.

Ironically it was the Finns who discovered that Finasteride, a medication for suppressing prostate enlargement, also reversed male pattern baldness.

Perhaps Teemu should be donated a course by the Finnish FA.

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

I counted three with his head ?

Not talking headed goals, more a rush of blood to the head whenever he scores 😉

Why can’t I share the video with my Facebook friends, the share icon does not come up only a circle going round and round 

40 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Missing the 51st? Against Spurs last season at home . 

(Check NCFC Official Twitter if you don’t believe me) 

B91C7486-FC67-4D7C-8171-411A5CAB94DE.jpeg

The goal that sucked all the enjoyment out of every goal scored for the rest of the season. Unless you like a good old tv analysis...

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:
1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Missing the 51st? Against Spurs last season at home . 

(Check NCFC Official Twitter if you don’t believe me) 

B91C7486-FC67-4D7C-8171-411A5CAB94DE.jpeg

The goal that sucked all the enjoyment out of every goal scored for the rest of the season. Unless you like a good old tv analysis...

Words still fail me to adequately express my thoughts after that decision that day.  The utter uselessness and lack of common sense in deciding how to use var with the result that the beautiful game is reduced to savage and soul destroying computerised netherworld where natural justice ceases to exist is about the best I can do.....but even that doesn't feel enough.  The misuse of Var simply adds  another level of stupidity added to the already almost completey stupid nature of how our game is run by the officials.

Pukki didn't score many after this goal was disallowed, it almost seemed like he lost a bit of belief after that. Thankfully that looks to have returned as his 9 goals in 16 games shows. Great player.

That offside call was one of several little things during December that I believe snowballed and basically killed the belief in the squad. We played well that month all in all but had points snatched off of us at almost every turn, and I just don't think we ever recovered.

That and not having any fit natural centre backs for most of the year.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Couldn't agree more. At that point I already found it weird celebrating a goal because it felt like VAR would do everything in its power to find a reason not to give it. After that game it stopped feeling like it and became fact.

10 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

That offside call was one of several little things during December that I believe snowballed and basically killed the belief in the squad. We played well that month all in all but had points snatched off of us at almost every turn, and I just don't think we ever recovered.

That and not having any fit natural centre backs for most of the year.

I kind of agree, although I think we had turned a corner pre-lockdown (despite the Sheff U result).  Lockdown then destroyed any momentum we were starting to gain at home.

12 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Irrelevant I suppose, but does he lose a handful of hair every time he scores a goal, or is his newly and totally shaven head deliberate? He looks a completely different person, even from his early City days.

He's had a child.... 😄

13 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Spot on. 
My mates will tell you that I am the most cautious celebrator of goals - I check with the ref and the Lino for infringingment and only then will I allow myself to leap around . 
Against Spurs however there was no doubt . It was a brilliant goal. At the time I hadn’t realised the extent of the pass , but the control and finish was extraordinary. We were two up , and coasting , and I had hugged everyone in the Upper Barclay . 

And then it happened . And as Nutty says it left an indelible feeling of gloom and uncertainty for the rest of the season. 

oh and by the way , before I need to go and lay down , has anyone ever seen a definitive photo of the ball leaving Mario’s foot and Teemu’s position as the ball is kicked ? Nope didn’t think so. There wasn’t one. It was a scandalous decision. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He's level with Martin Peters at number 24.

But if he could score 15 more goals this season that would move him up to 13th. 

Gavin scored 132 by the way, Terry Allcock is second with 127, Iwan Roberts third with 96, Robert Fleck fourth with 84.

I also tried to find that list.. Link?

1 minute ago, Temefan said:

I also tried to find that list.. Link?

I could only find a cached version of a now deleted pink un article....

See if this works...

Capture.thumb.JPG.b61999a36175c1d1e1828085aa0102da.JPG

15 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Thanks Pete.

Blimey...

Web team Pete.

Sports Desk Pete.

And now...

Administrators

Whatever next?

Owner?

😄

Legend? 😉

• Like 1

On 14/12/2020 at 23:18, cambridgeshire canary said:

If you want an alternate Pukki video how about this blast from the past?

3:24 is honestly just unreal

How about 4:50? 🤯