Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

So someone took the time to redesign all the Championship crests in a more classic/oldschool style

No clue who the artist is, but some of these are pretty neat. Does beg the question though-

Would you ever accept a new/redesigned version of our badge?

Only way I would accept a new badge would be if it was done via a poll with all fans, and with several different choices. Clear and obvious majority wins.. and no 51 percent is not an acceptable majority 😉

20201214_112445.jpg

20201214_112459.jpg

20201214_112511.jpg

20201214_112523.jpg

• Like 1

These are awesome! 

I'd totally be up for changing it with a vote. The lion and castle have always done my nut in. 

Whoever made those has obviously got talent, but clearly needs to be directing it to the craft beer industry if he wants to make a name for himself and some decent money! 

• Haha 1

These look good ....I would be disappointed though to be a Birmingham fan as the crest looks anonymous. Perhaps ought to have the bullring or chocolate or canals....or something!

Not a fan of club crests being updated, that’s the one thing I like to stay traditional, and I like our crest. Must say that I really like the look of our simplified design in silver on this seasons shirt though.

C880383D-76FA-49FC-95E3-20728D9B436E.jpeg

Edited by Alex Moss
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I actually really like the logo Michael Bailey uses for the "On the Ball" podcast:

(Bit big, sorry)

spacer.png

Nah, the canary looks depressed and has his head down.

On our badge the mighty Canary looks proud, got his head held up high.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Whoever made those has obviously got talent, but clearly needs to be directing it to the craft beer industry if he wants to make a name for himself and some decent money! 

Exactly what I thought when I saw ours!

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Oh, and the Derby one is a bit weird isn't it? The ram looks like a contemporary design.

To be fair it's not been changed that much from their current bagde

derby_county.png

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Quite mad to think most of the current championship clubs have been around decades before ourselves - Stoke City the best part of 40 years!

7 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Quite mad to think most of the current championship clubs have been around decades before ourselves - Stoke City the best part of 40 years!

Given this is last seasons list we are not on it, but we were of course founded in 1902 which if we were in this list would place us as right near the bottom as one of the newer clubs in this divison.

Still we are older than Hull, Charlton, Huddersfield, Swansea, Leeds and Wigan.

old.png

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given this is last seasons list we are not on it, but we were of course founded in 1902 which if we were in this list would place us as right near the bottom as one of the newer clubs in this divison.

Still we are older than Hull, Charlton, Huddersfield, Swansea, Leeds and Wigan.

old.png

I notice on that list it puts Stoke nearer to 30 years older than us, Cambridge - on the revamped crests their birth date is nearer 40, 1863!

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No clue who the artist is, but some of these are pretty neat. Does beg the question though-

Would you ever accept a new/redesigned version of our badge?

Only way I would accept a new badge would be if it was done via a poll with all fans, and with several different choices. Clear and obvious majority wins.. and no 51 percent is not an acceptable majority 😉

Agreed, nor yet 52%. Changes of great consequence should always be asked to command a commensurately great mandate 😇

Those are gorgeous, aren’t they. Nice find.

I’d actually accept a tasteful badge change in principle. I love our shield , proud city arms (the incorrectly-derided lion & castle) and all, and it has much by way of simplicity, significance and symbolism, not to say staying-power

However, if a better/ equally good looking and meaningful equivalent were dreamed up in future, I’m sure we could handle a change if justified.

Would be marvellous to have that badge on a 60s/70s retro Shirt even for just one season. The media coverage would be far bigger than normal and on a national scale. 

The person does indeed have talent. But they look less like a sports club and more like symbols from village welcome signs.