cambridgeshire canary

Reading rocked by triple injurys setback

4 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Add Cardiffs Kiefer Moore likely to be injured for our game and we've had a bit of luck there!

Given our injury list think it's only fair other teams we face have some handicaps too 😉

Hardly a surprise that injuries are catching up with sides - has been a pretty gruelling run; we were a bit ahead of the game in that one as a fair number of ours were from before the 9 games in 28 days started!

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

We got our injuries early, it was inevitable it would happen to everybody eventually. If anything Christmas is coming to quick for us as others begin to suffer.

There will be some careers destroyed for ever because of this sheer madness to entertain the masses with 2 and 3 games per week. The FA have a lot to answer for at the end of this season when the full extent becomes apparent.

• Like 1

João is the one player who is a terrific player, strong, direct and skillful. A lot of Reading's results have been built on his finishing. If this is true (looks genuine), it's a big boost for us. 

There seems to be a popular view that we’ve “had” our injury crisis. AFAIK, there’s no law that says we can’t have two or three. 

• Thanks 1

It looks like the footballing gods may be smiling on us, however it’s worth remembering that we have managed to cope with so many of our players out, perhaps other teams might not be affected by their missing players either.

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-injury-news-joao-meite-19449192

So you're telling me BOTH their top goalscorers will be out against us? 

I mean I am starting to feel somewhat better about Wednesday..

Both? They ought to come back and have a conversation when they have all three strikers out!

I think almost every team is going to suffer injuries due to the extraordinary workload for this season. Personally I hope we go out of the FA cup as its just going to be ridiculous. One thing we have to say though, with players slowly making there way back to fitness and rejoining the squad; we've so far come through our scare and kept the points ticking over. Having a bigger squad and being able to rotate quality is certainly going to be an advantage going forward.

Don’t think anyone’s had it as severe as us, but a few other clubs have also had their fair share such as Watford. Just waiting for this season to catch up with Bournemouth as they appear to have been the luckiest on the injury front so far, and you’d think with this schedule it must start to hit them too at some point. 

Just now, birchfest said:

I think almost every team is going to suffer injuries due to the extraordinary workload for this season. Personally I hope we go out of the FA cup as its just going to be ridiculous. One thing we have to say though, with players slowly making there way back to fitness and rejoining the squad; we've so far come through our scare and kept the points ticking over. Having a bigger squad and being able to rotate quality is certainly going to be an advantage going forward.

Hear what you’re saying about the FA Cup, Birch, but hopefully by the time that comes around we’ll have a broader group of players to choose from not to mention they provide games where we can give Omotoye and Omobamidele etc a decent shot. I really like the look of Omotoye, I know he’s only had cameos so far but he looks like he’s got the maturity, size and ability to be let off the leash a bit more.

9 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Personally I hope we go out of the FA cup as its just going to be ridiculous.

Doesn't usually present us a problem.

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Let's just concentrate on our game Wednesday and beat what is put out by Reading in front of us.

I notice David Prutton has predicted us to lose 3-2 in this game, Tilly - not too surprised as he normally predicts us to draw, and can’t stop raving about Bournemouth this, Bournemouth that.

Not looking forward to Wednesday, our three first choice strikers out injured,Joao, Puscas and Meite,. Our first choice full backs Yiadom and Richards out plus our most influential midfielder John Swift out since September. Can’t see anything but a Canary win but we live in hope, very close at the top.

Just now, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Another benefit of being top. More games moving onto Sky...

Might just extend my current  €19.50  a month deal when it goes up to €23 in early jan. If city are on twice a month it beats paying for ifollow for those games  and any others are a bonus.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Boris said:

with tier 3 London since Tuesday midnight are Reading will have 2000 fans or not!?

Reading are tier 2 so they should have fans

8 minutes ago, Boris said:

with tier 3 London since Tuesday midnight are Reading will have 2000 fans or not!?

I would assume that Reading (Berks) is just outside. It's an hours train ride from Picadilly.

By the sound of it they will have so many (vital) players out that it should be a City walkover ... but we won't count our chickens.

Edited by BroadstairsR

4 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Might just extend my current  €19.50  a month deal when it goes up to €23 in early jan. If city are on twice a month it beats paying for ifollow for those games  and any others are a bonus.

You’re paying €19.50 for Sky??