Rhino1

Sorensen - David Freezer

Totally understand when rating a players performance in any match is down to perception and the eye of the beholder and all that, but I couldn’t let Mr Dave Freezer rate Sorensen yesterday at a mere 6, an average grade, without comment. Sorensen was superb at both ends, clearing off the line in defence and a real threat going forward. This young kid is showing he really has got it all, even playing out of position, rating as a 6 yesterday really was a misrepresentation of his performance, he was excellent !! Mr Freezer please watch the game rather than playing on your I-phone!!! 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

Totally understand when rating a players performance in any match is down to perception and the eye of the beholder and all that, but I couldn’t let Mr Dave Freezer rate Sorensen yesterday at a mere 6, an average grade, without comment. Sorensen was superb at both ends, clearing off the line in defence and a real threat going forward. This young kid is showing he really has got it all, even playing out of position, rating as a 6 yesterday really was a misrepresentation of his performance, he was excellent !! Mr Freezer please watch the game rather than playing on your I-phone!!! 

A great signing, how much did he cost? 

27 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

Absolutely! nearly wrote the same thing myself. And as much as I love Tettey, the idea that he was a 7 and Sorensen a 6 defies reality.

I've noticed that he seems to mark a point up or down depending on key moments in the game. I think he was probably rating him a 7 but knocked a point off for his role in the goal. I agree it's a bit unfair.

To be honest, I don't think any media outlet in England really puts much effort into player ratings. They just seem to be an afterthought as an extra article to write after the game- win or draw and everyone gets a 6 or 7, lose and everyone gets 5 or 6. In Italy, the player ratings are arguably the most important piece for a journalist to write after a game.

Agree with most on here, had Sorensen scored when he had that chance he’d probably been given an 8, but he did get into the box and got the shot away on target, just a good save by the keeper.

He’s been an excellent addition to a strange position for him and I’ve not seen a player so calm and good on the ball for a long time in a yellow shirt.

I generally don’t agree with many of the ratings, they always seems a little ‘easy’ and doesn’t want any controversy.

Not that big on ratings myself, but the Sunday Times had Pukki as 8 (motm), Sorensen 7 and Cantwell down as a 4....was he really that poor for his c25 minutes?!

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

To be honest, I don't think any media outlet in England really puts much effort into player ratings. They just seem to be an afterthought as an extra article to write after the game- win or draw and everyone gets a 6 or 7, lose and everyone gets 5 or 6. In Italy, the player ratings are arguably the most important piece for a journalist to write after a game.

100% agree.

You'll probably find Freezer defend his rating by talking about the 'high standard Sorensen has set for himself' - of course that should have zero impact on a player rating but as you say its only really a gimmick in this country.

40 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

was he really that poor for his c25 minutes?!

Not in the slightest, no.

Was quite bright (especially given his lay-off), probably should've scored, and was unlucky to get poked in the eye. 4/10 is nonsense.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Not that big on ratings myself, but the Sunday Times had Pukki as 8 (motm), Sorensen 7 and Cantwell down as a 4....was he really that poor for his c25 minutes?!

Sorenson was a minimum of 7 all day long.

Cantwell was superb and tears teams apart. However, he should have laid it on for Pukki so I suspect that is the reason for the unenlightened to just give him a 4.

Whilst Blackburn clearly targeted our left hand side, Elliot never actually beat Sorensen one on one - he was probably out of position for the goal, as he left Elliot free in behind him.

I actually thought Martin was the weak link (defensively) on Saturday - getting easily beaten a few times - and we looked a lot more solid when Cantwell came on. So much so that Elliot switched over to their left flank.

Massive fan of Sorensen and it would be really interesting to see him in his preferred position.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

Whilst Blackburn clearly targeted our left hand side, Elliot never actually beat Sorensen one on one - he was probably out of position for the goal, as he left Elliot free in behind him.

I actually thought Martin was the weak link (defensively) on Saturday - getting easily beaten a few times - and we looked a lot more solid when Cantwell came on. So much so that Elliot switched over to their left flank.

Massive fan of Sorensen and it would be really interesting to see him in his preferred position.

I've said it before, Martin definitely has concentration issues, particularly off the ball.

Sorensen and Martin. Two gems to arise from the injury crisis.

Perhaps Martin is not quite there yet, tends to tire and then lose concentration, but what a prospect!

Sorensen speaks for himself.

Throw in Mumba and god knows how many other prospects and I'm beginning to marvel at our recruiting in recent seasons. How do they do it?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I thought Tod looked rather good when he cane on ....

• Like 1