Sign in to follow this  
Bill

PL manager sack race

Who's favourite ?

and who might be the dark horse ?

Sean to be ditched ?

Mr Wilder is the favourite I think, but for me Fulhams fixtures will see them not picking up many points so Scott Parker(Not Slaven as I mistook for Fulham).

Fixtures are kinder to Burnley in the run up to the transfer window and the new owners are likely to want a bedding in period so not him.

Graham Potter at Brighton maybe?

While Poor Ole is looking at the chop down in Manchester

Edited by KiwiScot

1 minute ago, KiwiScot said:

Mr Wilder is the favourite I think, but for me Fulhams fixtures will see them not picking up many points so Slaven Bilic.

Fixtures are kinder to Burnley in the run up to the transfer window and the new owners are likely to want a bedding in period so not him.

Slaven Bilic is manager of WBA, not sure if you mean them or Scott Parker at Fulham. Definitely agree Wilder has to be favourite but I don’t think it’s a decision they will take lightly. Solskjaer would be my favourite to go first I think. 

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Slaven Bilic is manager of WBA, not sure if you mean them or Scott Parker at Fulham. Definitely agree Wilder has to be favourite but I don’t think it’s a decision they will take lightly. Solskjaer would be my favourite to go first I think. 

Realised my mistake when I saw I'd missed out West Brom. The West Brom manager to go.

it might be down to the club's perception of failure

with Man Utd, failing to make the Champions League would be a financial disaster

West Brom getting relegated would be hardly an unexpected event, and having spent in the summer the new manager would have to work with what he's got

ps I sense the word 'smug' is currently a fair description of most of us canaries 😋

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

it might be down to the club's perception of failure

with Man Utd, failing to make the Champions League would be a financial disaster

West Brom getting relegated would be hardly an unexpected event, and having spent in the summer the new manager would have to work with what he's got

ps I sense the word 'smug' is currently a fair description of most of us canaries 😋

If you ask Man U fans what a 'failure of a season sack the manager' is I'm sure the answer would be 'Not winning the divison, FA Cup and Champions League in one go'

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

I do not know about a race but with so much to lose with either relegation or not getting into or progressing in the champions league i expect to see  half a dozen gone by the end of the season. Wilder deserves to go unlike Farke he has spent nearly £100m on transfers since promotion, non have come off and are probably worth a fraction of the prices paid, and 1 point from 12 takes some beating. Wilder has got them promoted twice which is why they have stuck with him but patience runs out eventually

Edited by Yorkshire Canary

The problem is the demand for instant success.

City have taken the long view.

So what that we were relegated. We did not through money at speculative signings that will be a huge drag on those clubs that are relegated, but continued with finding and developing youth players, as well as developing those who cost relatively peanuts,

And though we are not currently in the PL is anybody complaining about how enjoyable this season has been so far. Watching players like Martin 'come from nowhere', so seeing how well Placheta and Sorensen have slotted in. Why, even the old warhorse Tettey has shed his knee problems and having another well valued season,

Instant success you can keep. Consistent enjoyment, fun and putting two fingers up to the rest is far better.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

Wilder deserves to go unlike Farke he has spent nearly £100 on transfers since promotion

Which is approximately 90 quid more than what Farke’s kitty was

If Shef Utd had actually competed in some matches and still struggled like us last season I could see the sense in keeping Wilder on. However, money talks and he will be gone soon I suspect.

Arteta is my prediction for first to go though.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Looked at the league table recently? Man Utd game in hand. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 hours ago, duke63 said:

I think the 'PL manager sack race' says its all....Mr Paul Lambert first. 😁

Not a chance.

If M Evans can keep pleasing the easily pleased support down there (which appears the case- not sure why) for a little longer, then he will be able to massively reduce the wage bill next season and actually get a return on his poor investment.

4 hours ago, duke63 said:

I think the 'PL manager sack race' says its all....Mr Paul Lambert first. 😁

Don't know why,  he's doing a splendid job 👏 

6 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

Mr Wilder is the favourite I think, but for me Fulhams fixtures will see them not picking up many points so Scott Parker(Not Slaven as I mistook for Fulham).

Another heavy loss against Leicester tonight and if they don't beat Fulham at home then Potter will be gone

West Brom are a poor side right now and a thrashing from Man City on Tuesday and/or a derby defeat to Villa next week could see Bilic back home in Croatia for Christmas. He'd be my tip.

Wilder is adored by the fans at Sheffield United, so I think he'll be given a bit more time, and I hope he gets it because he deserves it for the job he's done. It's a tough decision for the board, but I think they should either sack him now whilst there's still a very slim chance of a miracle or they stick with him in the hope he takes them back up next year, like Burnley did with Dyche and what we're trying with Farke. A middleground of a new year sacking when they're already toast makes little sense.

Also, Arsenal are all at sea right now by their standards so Arteta has to be in the mix, especially considering their next three games all look pretty tough.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Bilic is now a length in the lead - and with his contract up in the summer, if he is not gone sooner, then he will be by then

update

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55327461

Seems a bit harsh that the speculation has ramped up this morning after such a good result last night.

Papering over the cracks, or the start of a resurgence?

Arsenal would appear to have the most to lose, as at the moment current form does not point to playing in Europe next season

The others lurking around the trap door are the usual suspects and the thought has to be is it worth committing more money that would be a burden in the Championship - more so given the looming prospect of their being a wage cap

What are WBA doing?! Imagine we'd sacked Farke and replaced him with Big Sam last season... we'd have gone down anyway and been stuck with him trying to get us out of the championship... WBA falling into that trap.

Ironically, given his comments about us last season, they failed to/couldn't back Bilic enough to get a convincing prem squad together. Stick Pep or Jose or whoever in there and they'd be struggling. They pulled of a good result vs Man City last time out so he clearly still has the dressing room.

They'd be better sticking with whilst the likes of Fulham, Burnley, Brighton and dare I say it, Leeds are still there to be caught.

Played golf this morning with a mate who is a Baggie and he says the supporters weren't unhappy with Bilic. They wanted rid of Pulis and admit they were wrong.

Like us, they don't expect much from the EPL, and know the owners aren't going to spend much.

And they definitely don't want Big Sham. Not at any price.

Big Sham certainly can make money wheeling and dealing in the transfer market

.......................................mostly for himself, and his son

.............................................Peter Reid, Paul Jewell, Bryan Robson (hic)