duke63

Sheffield United

Should be good for three points......................for the season that is, not today's match.

'nicked from the BBC website but though it funny enough to share'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stream I'm watching has some artificial crowd noise.  The merging of real crowd sounds with the fake sound is comical.

Edited by shefcanary

2 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

So what has gone wrong?

Who cares? 😉 

Seriously, they are not playing the same brand of football, they look bereft of ideas. They don't look like they will get anywhere near our points total from last season either, shame....

On another note how Ampadu hasn't had 2 yellows today is beyond me

Couldn’t agree more City Fan, Nothing would make me more happier than to see them go down . The smug look on his face last year, and the press saying he’s the best thing since sliced bread otbc 

• Like 1

Bizarre comment from the Sky commentator, that Sheff Utd 'deserved' more than double the 5 goals they have scored this season, due to the quality of the chances created. What on earth does that actually mean ?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Bizarre comment from the Sky commentator, that Sheff Utd 'deserved' more than double the 5 goals they have scored this season, due to the quality of the chances created. What on earth does that actually mean ?

Without actually hearing said comment, xG I'm guessing?

7 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

So what has gone wrong?

They have suffered the injuries we had last season, they got away with it last season, other teams now know not to force the play against them as well.  

Makes you wonder if we had not suffered so many defensive injuries how the first season boost might have helped us survive.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

They have suffered the injuries we had last season, they got away with it last season, other teams now know not to force the play against them as well.  

Makes you wonder if we had not suffered so many defensive injuries how the first season boost might have helped us survive.

Let’s face it, it’s highly probable that with a largely fit side last season, and Teemu not suffering that toe injury around Christmas, we’d have at least got a few more points. A lot happened beyond Farke’s control last season.

• Like 3

What they achieved last season was remarkable. I still have no idea how they did it with the squad they have. It's never been harder to survive after being promoted with the PL being so strong nowadays so for them to finish mid table was incredible. I think a lot of it was down to momentum,  defensive solidarity, a top GK, a few players having the season of their lives and the stars just aligning slightly in terns of a lack of injuries and how the fixtures worked out. 

Now I think the novelty has worn off, teams have sussed them out a bit and they haven't been as lucky with injuries this year so we're now seeing more of their true level as they haven't got as many of the intangibles going for them. They'll stick with Wilder though and will probably be promoted again next season because he's a good manager, they're very effective at this level and we've seen for ourselves just how gigantic the chasm has become between the Championship and PL. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

I thought they'd be in a relegation battle this season and said so before the end of last but didn't expect them to have a single point at this stage.

It does really make those who kept using Sheffield United as something to beat our club with look pretty stupid. Especially if we swap places next season without the expensive signings of the likes of Berge and Robinson hanging round our necks.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I thought they'd be in a relegation battle this season and said so before the end of last but didn't expect them to have a single point at this stage.

It does really make those who kept using Sheffield United as something to beat our club with look pretty stupid. Especially if we swap places next season without the expensive signings of the likes of Berge and Robinson hanging round our necks.

Pah! Shows how much you know.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Second season syndrome hitting them hard

Keep this up and they ending up back in League 1 nevermind the Championship

You do know no matter how badly they do this season they won't be punished with a double relegation...right?

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

You do know no matter how badly they do this season they won't be punished with a double relegation...right?

To be fair, if they only get 3 points all season which their form suggests, then perhaps a double relegation is appropriate. 😁

Edited by duke63
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yes they seem to have replaced Villa as the team we are supposed to dislike.

Although Wilder has redeemed himself somewhat since his original spat at Farke a few seasons ago I still find it hard to wish them well.

Besides, if they only get single figure points this season our own disaster will fade into the distance more readily.

Edited by BroadstairsR