CDMullins

Lucien Farve Sacked

Reports in Germany suggest Lucien Farve as been sacked.

Will Daniel be on the shortlist?

Obviously far too good an opportunity for him to turn down.

Yikes - don't like the sound of this.

On the other hand Farke has pointed out on a number of occasions that he has never walked out on a contract in his career.

Certainly hope not.

Would imagine they'd look for someone with a more proven top level record though

39 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I doubt it - he’s not got an amazing record in the top flight - but you never say never!

I think considering he had probably the Premier League’s smallest budget in it’s history, and a season ravaged by substantial injuries, that would all be duly noted by the Dortmund hierarchy. I’d bet my house Jurgen or Pep would not have done any better if they had been managing us last season.

Farke, at a club like Dortmund with the resources available to him, I have no doubt would be a huge success.

• Like 1

As well as Farke has done here, I'd be absolutely gobsmacked if he's even on their shortlist. As mentioned already Southampton fans should be more concerned. 

• Like 1

I actually wanted us to sign Favre back in 2012 when he was at BMG, but we appointed Hughton instead, and we all know how well that went...

Absolutely fantastic manager who ranks as one of the very best in the game IMHO.

IF Dortmund did approach Farke (which they won't), then I'd love Favre to come here (which he won't).

Still gutted we didn't make the approach 6 years ago when it was a possibility instead of being pie in the sky thinking nowadays.

Not saying I don't rate Farke either, but Favre is on another level for me, think Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho sort of class.

Ehhhhhhhh

i don’t think Dortmund will go for Farke. I think they think they are above him. Bit of a worry though eh boys?

Not a chance. We love Farke but his reputation in the game isn't high enough yet to be approached by one of the worlds biggest clubs. If he gets us promoted and keeps us in the PL next season then maybe he could be considered for this type of job. Keeping Norwich in the PL while playing passing, attacking football will definitely raise some eyebrows and I doubt we could hold into him after that, but right now he'd probably only interest mid table top flight teams and they would probably be too worried about his record with us last season even taking into account extenuating circumstances. PL clubs don't like to take risks anymore and like I said, he's not proven himself enough yet for a top job so I'm not worried about losing him any time soon

30 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

The more obvious candidate is currently working at Portman road 

Nah.

he has history of always sitting tight and respectfully running out his contract.

and he’s never played abroad either. .............

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

The more obvious candidate is currently working at Portman road 

There's  hope for you  yet.One of your best , actually  laughed so much mrs wcork came through to see  what  I was laughing at  ........she didnt  get it. She doesn't  get footy so she defo wouldn't get a footy joke.

To be honest with the number of quality youngsters they have there and seeing how Farke and his management team gets the best out of them, I would be a little worried about losing him, but if he does get that job then brilliant for him, I’d be first to thank him and watch with anticipation how Dortmund would do under him.

Great manager who will get a job offer like that.

8 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Interesting article about it here :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55295421

It says Farve was considered "too technical" and with rather a "dry persona" compared to Klopp's "larger than life" persona.  Hmmm....  

Klopp is becoming a caricature  of himself before our very eyes. ...more like a spitting image than a real  human, he's  always grated on me a little  but lately with his whinging and reactions to not getting the results he wants makes me like him even less. Sure, he wears his heart on his sleeve  but his heart is not that attractive. 

On 13/12/2020 at 14:54, Indy_Bones said:

Not saying I don't rate Farke either, but Favre is on another level for me, think Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho sort of class.

That sort of class... but without all the major trophies.

Edited by GJP

On 13/12/2020 at 14:10, Ken Hairy said:

As well as Farke has done here, I'd be absolutely gobsmacked if he's even on their shortlist. As mentioned already Southampton fans should be more concerned. 

Perhaps that's why we should be concerned. There will be a vacancy at Southampton 

17 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Perhaps that's why we should be concerned. There will be a vacancy at Southampton 

Now that's a more realistic point in all honesty. 

Not until the end of the season, as Dortmund have appointed a caretaker until the end of the season. 

22 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Klopp is becoming a caricature  of himself before our very eyes. ...more like a spitting image than a real  human, he's  always grated on me a little  but lately with his whinging and reactions to not getting the results he wants makes me like him even less. Sure, he wears his heart on his sleeve  but his heart is not that attractive. 

I can't stand Klopp, always thought I was in the minority with this thinking, always thought his "passion" was fake, watch him when Liverpool score, he cheers normally, notices a camera is on him, then starts beating his chest like a demented gorilla. He's a total ****. 

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

I can't stand Klopp, always thought I was in the minority with this thinking, always thought his "passion" was fake, watch him when Liverpool score, he cheers normally, notices a camera is on him, then starts beating his chest like a demented gorilla. He's a total ****. 

Totally agree  Hairyo, maybe I'm a cynic ( or we both are) but the JK love in the last few years has made me chuckle inside " just bide my time , he will reveal his true colours...eventually " , and he has. 

Not knocking his managerial/ motivational  ability.... he's  been good for  liverpool, but his booming fine fellow well met persona  soon evaporates when he doent get his own way. Maybe I expected too much from someone  who initially  seemed  like a breath of fresh air. 

• Like 1