Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Force Worthy's Hand on McVeigh - Sign him up chant

Paul,

Dont get me wrong I like McVeigh as a player, but dont feel he was good enough for our team last season or the season before. The fact that he is now the one player that we look to for inspiration, says how much of a backward step we have taken! I am not too fussed on this one as if we get a new manager and a strong squad again, he will probably be spending most of his time on the bench again. 

[quote user="Ian Farrow"]

Paul,

Dont get me wrong I like McVeigh as a player, but dont feel he was good enough for our team last season or the season before. The fact that he is now the one player that we look to for inspiration, says how much of a backward step we have taken! I am not too fussed on this one as if we get a new manager and a strong squad again, he will probably be spending most of his time on the bench again. 

[/quote]

I think McVeigh has shown how good he can be.  he has been outstanding on the left wing at times and has shown his talents again recently after being out of the fold for 2 years.  Personally i think he would flurrish under a different manager, whom didnt blame him every time he had a bad game - which usually co-incided with lots of long balls being hoofed up the pitch.......