Feedthewolf

The *LAST* five...

On 06/02/2021 at 01:02, Feedthewolf said:

Cardiff (a) WON
Bristol City (h) WON
Middlesbrough (h) DREW
Millwall (a) DREW
Swansea (a) LOST

So only eight from our last five matches. From our previous five, we managed ten points (promotion form). So we've got 18 points from our last 10 games; not ideal, but not a crisis. Who's up next?

Stoke, Coventry, Rotherham, Birmingham, Wycombe. Home and away isn't really a factor; in fact, this is the first time since the inception of league football in 1888 that there have been more away wins than home wins. Emi's back. Who really wants to play against us right now? Come on, folks. Believe in your team.

Stoke (H) WON
Coventry (A)
Rotherham (H)
Birmingham (A)
Wycombe (A)

Off to a good start in the next five. Obviously if we keep getting ten from each five we're very likely to go up, but based on today's performance we should really be targeting a minimum of 12 or 13 from these five.

As things stand:

Team            Played           Points           Avg
Norwich       29                   58                  2.00
Brentford     28                   57                  2.04
Swansea      27                   53                  1.96
Watford        29                   51                  1.76
Reading        29                   48                  1.66
B'mouth        29                   46                  1.59

Realistically it's a three-horse race now, although I guess there's an outside chance of Watford getting involved. We're definitely better than the next four teams, and if we can win them all we'll be on 70 points from 33 matches. 

A lot of our strategy is predicated upon scoring the first goal, but frankly the only time Stoke looked really dangerous today was when we tried to commit defensive suicide. Keeping believing, keeping backing the team. It's still in our hands.

• Like 2

On 13/02/2021 at 17:16, Feedthewolf said:

Stoke (H) WON
Coventry (A)
Rotherham (H)
Birmingham (A)
Wycombe (A)

Off to a good start in the next five. Obviously if we keep getting ten from each five we're very likely to go up, but based on today's performance we should really be targeting a minimum of 12 or 13 from these five.

As things stand:

Norwich       29                   58                  2.00
Brentford     28                   57                  2.04
Swansea      27                   53                  1.96
Watford        29                   51                  1.76
Reading        29                   48                  1.66
B'mouth        29                   46                  1.59

Realistically it's a three-horse race now, although I guess there's an outside chance of Watford getting involved. We're definitely better than the next four teams, and if we can win them all we'll be on 70 points from 33 matches. 

A lot of our strategy is predicated upon scoring the first goal, but frankly the only time Stoke looked really dangerous today was when we tried to commit defensive suicide. Keeping believing, keeping backing the team. It's still in our hands.

Stoke (H) WON
Coventry (A) WON
Rotherham (H)
Birmingham (A)
Wycombe (A)

Well on track, and another bonus blip for Brentford! Swansea were lucky to squeak past Forest, and all of a sudden we're the form team again. If we can get maximum points from the next three games, a draw against Brentford would be more than sufficient, and a win potentially decisive.

Swansea have no fewer than NINE matches to play between now and March 20; they play every weekend and midweek between now and then. If they can keep up two points a game during that spell they'll be pretty pleased I reckon, as they've not been playing especially well. Check out this for a run of fixtures: after Huddersfield and Coventry in the next week, how's about this for seven games in 21 days?

Bristol City (H), Stoke (A), Middlesbrough (H), Blackburn (A), Luton (A), Bournemouth (A), Cardiff (H). Three away games in a week! Good luck with that lot.

The table below is assuming Bournemouth hold on to win against Rotherham.

As things stand:

Norwich       30                   61                  2.03
Brentford     30                   57                  1.90
Swansea      28                   56                  2.00
Watford        30                   54                  1.80
Reading        30                   51                  1.70
B'mouth        30                   49                  1.63

We've got this.

On 14/02/2021 at 08:58, Gordon Bennett said:

I wouldn’t rule Watford out just yet but certainly don’t see anyone else in the top two race. 

With 16 games to go - I wouldn't be too sure yet.

On 17/02/2021 at 21:38, Feedthewolf said:

Stoke (H) WON
Coventry (A) WON
Rotherham (H)
Birmingham (A)
Wycombe (A)

Well on track, and another bonus blip for Brentford! Swansea were lucky to squeak past Forest, and all of a sudden we're the form team again. If we can get maximum points from the next three games, a draw against Brentford would be more than sufficient, and a win potentially decisive.

Swansea have no fewer than NINE matches to play between now and March 20; they play every weekend and midweek between now and then. If they can keep up two points a game during that spell they'll be pretty pleased I reckon, as they've not been playing especially well. Check out this for a run of fixtures: after Huddersfield and Coventry in the next week, how's about this for seven games in 21 days?

Bristol City (H), Stoke (A), Middlesbrough (H), Blackburn (A), Luton (A), Bournemouth (A), Cardiff (H). Three away games in a week! Good luck with that lot.

The table below is assuming Bournemouth hold on to win against Rotherham.

As things stand:

Norwich       30                   61                  2.03
Brentford     30                   57                  1.90
Swansea      28                   56                  2.00
Watford        30                   54                  1.80
Reading        30                   51                  1.70
B'mouth        30                   49                  1.63

We've got this.

Alright folks? Nice time for a little update, I reckon.

Stoke (H) WON
Coventry (A) WON
Rotherham (H) WON
Birmingham (A)
Wycombe (A)

Time to turn that screw; with only Watford avoiding defeat among the chasing pack, let's get at least four from these next two matches and get stuck into Brentford with confidence. If we win the next three we could have an absolutely monstrous lead.

As things stand:

Norwich       31                   64                  2.06
Brentford     31                   57                  1.84
Watford        31                   57                  1.84
Swansea      29                   56                  1.93
Reading        31                   51                  1.65
B'mouth        31                   49                  1.58

Keep your nerve, it's happening. Swansea are our biggest threat, and in their next five games they've got to travel to Stoke, Blackburn, Luton and Bournemouth. Also, should it come down to it, Watford's last two games of the season are against... yep, Brentford and Swansea.

Stay cool, Canaries.

• Like 1

For two of those teams to overtake us, they both have to average 7 points from each set of 3 games and hope we don't get more than 26 points from our remaining 15 games. It's unlikely. 

I think 8 more wins will be enough. So far this season we have lost only twice to teams outside the top 6 - and one of those (Derby) was undeserved.

I can't see this team letting it go now.

92 points should be enough leaving us needing 28 points from 15 games. 9 wins, 1 draw and 5 defeats would do it. As we have only lost 5 of the last 31 games and only 3 of the last 27 to lose 5 of the last 15 would be unlikely I hope.

On 20/02/2021 at 17:19, Feedthewolf said:

Alright folks? Nice time for a little update, I reckon.

Stoke (H) WON
Coventry (A) WON
Rotherham (H) WON
Birmingham (A)
Wycombe (A)

Time to turn that screw; with only Watford avoiding defeat among the chasing pack, let's get at least four from these next two matches and get stuck into Brentford with confidence. If we win the next three we could have an absolutely monstrous lead.

As things stand:

Norwich       31                   64                  2.06
Brentford     31                   57                  1.84
Watford        31                   57                  1.84
Swansea      29                   56                  1.93
Reading        31                   51                  1.65
B'mouth        31                   49                  1.58

Keep your nerve, it's happening. Swansea are our biggest threat, and in their next five games they've got to travel to Stoke, Blackburn, Luton and Bournemouth. Also, should it come down to it, Watford's last two games of the season are against... yep, Brentford and Swansea.

Stay cool, Canaries.

I'll update everything once the others have played tomorrow night, but I think realistically we're down to a four-horse race now. If Mick McCarthy's Cardiff win at Bournemouth tomorrow they'll be level on points with them! 

If anyone fancies a cheeky few quid, it's about 7/1 on Brentford, Swansea and Watford all winning tomorrow night... 😉

• Like 1

So we didn't get any more helping hands last night, but all we need to do is keep winning.

Stoke (H) WON
Coventry (A) WON
Rotherham (H) WON
Birmingham (A) WON
Wycombe (A)

If we can win on Saturday and then beat Brentford, we're looking pretty much nailed on.

As things stand:

Norwich       32                   67                  2.09
Brentford     32                   60                  1.88
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Watford        32                   60                  1.88
Swansea      30                   59                  1.97
Reading        32                   51                  1.59
Cardiff          32                   49                  1.53
----------------------------------------------------------------------
B'mouth        32                   49                  1.53
Barnsley       31                   48                  1.55

Incidentally, if anyone took me up on the Brentford/Swansea/Watford triple from last night at about 7/1, well done! Why not invest some of those winnings in the same triple again on Saturday? Odds are over 8/1... Brentford are the shortest priced at 17/20, whereas for comparison, Norwich are 4/9 to win on Sunday. That'd take the odds to over 12/1 on a fourfold...

Edited by Feedthewolf

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

if anyone took me up on the Brentford/Swansea/Watford triple from last night at about 7/1, well done! Why not invest some of those winnings in the same triple again on Saturday? Odds are over 8/1... Brentford are the shortest priced at 17/20, whereas for comparison, Norwich are 4/9 to win on Sunday. That'd take the odds to over 12/1 on a fourfold...

Could never bet on a rival winning a match, however profitable it might be. Just couldn't do it.

20 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Could never bet on a rival winning a match, however profitable it might be. Just couldn't do it.

Very odd statement!!!

2 hours ago, Move Klose said:
22 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Very odd statement!!!

Would you ever bet on Ipswich to win a match?  No, now that would be an odd thing to do - and it's the same principle - you never, ever, bet on a rival to win a match, at the best it's bad karma. Bet on their opponents to win - the odds will probably be better anyway.....take Swansea losing 4-1 the other day.........the satisfaction gained out of a bet like that would far outweigh any consolation bet on them winning a match. If people must bet, bet on our rivals' opponents!!

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Would you ever bet on Ipswich to win a match?  No, now that would be an odd thing to do - and it's the same principle - you never, ever, bet on a rival to win a match, at the best it's bad karma. Bet on their opponents to win - the odds will probably be better anyway.....take Swansea losing 4-1 the other day.........the satisfaction gained out of a bet like that would far outweigh any consolation bet on them winning a match. If people must bet, bet on our rivals' opponents!!

Would I bet on Ipswich to win? Yes because I couldnt care less whether they win, lose or draw especially when they arent in the same league as us. I dont believe in karma because I'm an adult.

The way I see it, you bet on those 3 to win and they do as you expect them to then great easy money.

If they dont win then bonus, in an ideal world I would happily lose £10 every weekend for the other 3 to slip up but me betting on them wont affect the outcome of their game.

Throughout my life, I've always found myself to be very unlucky with bets... I remember at Uni, betting with a mate that Norwich would win the league when around the top at xmas, then Muscat took out Bellamy and the season fell to pieces...

So because I know that, I regularly bet on the team playing Norwich in order to try and jinx them... the other week I bet on Brentford and Swansea to win (when both suddenly forgot how), so you can thank me for that one!  I even have a 5er on Wycombe this weekend...

Best case Norwich win and I lose a 5er, worst case I get money to attempt to jinx another team the next week 🙂

1 hour ago, Move Klose said:

Would I bet on Ipswich to win? Yes because I couldnt care less whether they win, lose or draw especially when they arent in the same league as us. I dont believe in karma because I'm an adult.

The way I see it, you bet on those 3 to win and they do as you expect them to then great easy money.

If they dont win then bonus, in an ideal world I would happily lose £10 every weekend for the other 3 to slip up but me betting on them wont affect the outcome of their game.

Confession time. I put £100 on Middlesbro to beat us in the playoff final. A bargain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

Confession time. I put £100 on Middlesbro to beat us in the playoff final. A bargain.

Not as much of a bargain as the £0 I put on them... 😛

FTW the next five after Wycombe will go a long way to deciding our fate!

Confession time. I picked up just over £33 on Wednesday evening by betting on Brentford, Swansea and Watford. With my recent PUPs  form I thought I’d jinx them.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

FTW the next five after Wycombe will go a long way to deciding our fate!

Oh, I know. But we're not looking ahead, Indy.

We have to take each game as it comes, you know, and the boys are totally focused on the game on Sunday.

We are in an unbelievably good position, and for me the Brentford match is not a topic. Wycombe have a lot of good players and they will be unbelievably motivated for this game, so we have to make sure we stay awake and get the three points.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kathy said:

Confession time. I picked up just over £33 on Wednesday evening by betting on Brentford, Swansea and Watford. With my recent PUPs  form I thought I’d jinx them.

Hahaha, Kathy you legend! I called it, didn't I? 😄

Now go and put £10 on the Watford, Swansea, Brentford triple for this weekend. You won't regret losing it, but if you win it you'll feel very good on Sunday once we've beaten Wycombe and retained our seven-point lead! 🙂

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Oh, I know. But we're not looking ahead, Indy.

We have to take each game as it comes, you know, and the boys are totally focused on the game on Sunday.

We are in an unbelievably good position, and for me the Brentford match is not a topic. Wycombe have a lot of good players and they will be unbelievably motivated for this game, so we have to make sure we stay awake and get the three points.

Absolutely, I think it’s actually going to be the toughest of the five games listed.

They are fighting for their survival and that is always worth a little more motivation than mid table with not much to play for.

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

At best, it'd be a profit.

Karma has nothing to do with the outcome(s) of betting

13 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

That's, just, like... your opinion, maaaan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

If you place a bet which is aimed at Ipswich or one of our close rivals to win - ie putting your financial interest in them winning - well it just doesn't seem right to me. Plenty of stuff to bet on without betting on rivals to win.  Maybe not bad karma, but not good form imo!

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Hahaha, Kathy you legend! I called it, didn't I? 😄

Now go and put £10 on the Watford, Swansea, Brentford triple for this weekend. You won't regret losing it, but if you win it you'll feel very good on Sunday once we've beaten Wycombe and retained our seven-point lead! 🙂

Done!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Kathy said:

You’re welcome...

Haha! Well two of our three closest rivals have lost another three points, so it's a tenner well lost 😄

No other team has gotten all that close to 2ppg all season except us. 88 Points will be enough for promotion and maybe even the title. Let's assume the pressure gets to us a bit and we have an indifferent end to the season

Wycombe A 3pts

Brentford H 1 pts

Luton A 1 pt

Wednesday H 3pts

Forest A 0 pts

Blackburn H 3pts

Preston A 1pt

Huddersfield H 3pts

Derby A 1pt

Bournemouth H 1pt

Watford H 0pts

QPR A 1 pt

Reading H 3pts

Barnsley A 0pts

That would give us 88 points and would almost definitely be enough for promotion. A fairly unspectacular run of form where our normally great away form takes a nosedive and we only beat one of the promotion chasing teams. I'm sure we'll do better than this pessimistic prediction anyway. My only concern at this moment is another injury crisis, keep most of the team fit and we'll smash this.